Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 **Welcome Wagon
 Another Newbie from Wisconsin!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Another Newbie from Wisconsin! Next Topic  

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - May 24 2005 :  11:11:55 AM  Show Profile
Hi everyone, I'm Molly, live in Wisconsin, married to Mike, and we have 5 wonderful boys we homeschool. I'm a wanna-be farmgirl, I really am trying to simplify and "countrify" my life, even though we live in town where we rent a house. I long for acreage of my own, maybe to have a few chickens for the kids to chase after, definitely to plant a garden, have a few dogs...ahhh....to dream... Someday it will happen...until then I want to learn how to can, make preserves, and even maybe learn how to make cheese (wouldn't that be fun?) like Julie said in another post. I'm starting a farmgirl chapter here as soon as I get my starter kit :), so if there is anyone nearby let me know!

So looking forward to getting to know all of you!

By the way, I told my husband last night, all I want for my birthday is MaryJane's new book, can't wait to get it!

Take care,

Molly

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - May 24 2005 :  5:33:39 PM  Show Profile
Hi Molly and welcome! Sounds like you came to the right place! We are a diverse and unique group so you will probably find an answer to almost anything here for starting a "country life".Glad you decided to join the fun!

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - May 24 2005 :  6:17:11 PM  Show Profile
Hi Bramble!

I'm so glad to be here. I read somewhere on the forum today (I'm paraphrasing and can't remember who said it...sorry!) that every woman should consider her home a FARM, no matter what her circumstances, and it would make all the difference. WOW! That little statement right there gave me so much motivation today and helped me to see my not-so-perfect rental home in a completely new light.

Can't wait to glean all I can from everyone in this forum!

Molly
Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - May 24 2005 :  6:28:17 PM  Show Profile
Hello Molly, welcome. It is true, if we just find the peace where we live now and do all the things we can and want to do, then you bring that farm to where you are at the moment. I CANT take creit for that thinking though, Clare wrote it one night when I was feeling pretty down about not having my little farm yet. It is true and it does work. God bless her, it helps me all the time. Yoy will love this site. michele

"she selects wool and flax and works with eager hands". Prov. 31:13
Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - May 24 2005 :  7:35:19 PM  Show Profile
I already feel at home, Michele, like I've finally found where I belong. I long so much for simpler times, without the media/celebrities that make us feel less than we are, without the wars and contentions, when life was hard work, but it was worth doing. I came across a wonderful picture today of my Great-Grandma Della, taken in the 40's. She is clearly on her piece of heaven (farm). There is a grain silo in the background, a horse behind her, and she is standing there a force to be reckoned with, with her farm dress on, holding a pail of who-knows-what. I framed it, and it hangs in my kitchen now as a reminder of what my life is starting to really stand for.

Molly
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - May 24 2005 :  10:23:22 PM  Show Profile
WElcome Molly!!! (love that name by the way..always one of my favorites!!) I am so glad you are here..it is so fun that we are getting so many new great gals to get to know!!!

Jenny in Utah

Bloom where you are planted!
Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - May 25 2005 :  06:56:37 AM  Show Profile
Hi Jenny!

Nice to "meet" you as well. I read in another post you talking about girl's camp...ours is coming up in just a few weeks The girls are in the process of preparing their skit right now...too funny.

BTW I love your sig-line, it's one of my favorite sentiments!

Have a great day! Today it's a beautiful 72 and sunny, can't wait to get out with the kids later!

Molly

"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived." --Henry David Thoreau

Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - May 25 2005 :  10:32:30 AM  Show Profile
I sure wish it were 72 here today..it should get up to 90 again like the last 4 or 5 days..whew! I wanted all that rain to stop..but yikes..it is hot!!!
Arn't girls camp skits great???

Jenny in Utah

Bloom where you are planted!
Go to Top of Page

Eileen
True Blue Farmgirl

1199 Posts

Eileen

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - May 25 2005 :  11:52:58 AM  Show Profile
Hi and welcome Molly Mae,
I have a daughter in Bayfield Wisconsin. Wish I was there too.
Eileen

songbird; singing joy to the earth
Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - May 25 2005 :  12:50:51 PM  Show Profile
Jenny....yes, they are a hoot! Last year our girls did "Rindercella" where all the words spoken were mixed up, they did a fantastic job. And, I am sure glad it doesn't get too awfully hot here in Wisconsin...not like California where I grew up, 110 in the shade...!

Eileen, nice to meet you as well! I'm not sure where Bayfield is in relation to where I am, but it is definitely beautiful here...wish you could be here as well!

Molly

"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived." --Henry David Thoreau

Go to Top of Page

Nicol
True Blue Farmgirl

200 Posts

Nicol

200 Posts

Posted - May 25 2005 :  1:10:28 PM  Show Profile
Welcome mollymae! Love that name! I am new to the site also but everyone has been so welcoming. I live in a suburban housing tract myself but also long for acreage to call home. I try to do some things already to prepare me for my future.

I bought MaryJane's book yesterday and it is gorgeous. You'll love it. I plan to attend her book signing tonight. I can't wait!
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - May 25 2005 :  3:25:17 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Molly Mae! We have a second home up in Wisconsin, Mauston.

farmgirl@heart

Be at peace with yourself and the rest will follow
Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - May 26 2005 :  5:40:32 PM  Show Profile
Hi Nicol and Kim !!

Molly

Go to Top of Page

Jacqueline
Farmgirl in Training

26 Posts

Jacqueline
Burbank CA
USA
26 Posts

Posted - May 26 2005 :  8:47:05 PM  Show Profile
Hi Molly,
I'm new here too. :)
My hubby is from Wisconsin...
Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - May 27 2005 :  06:38:59 AM  Show Profile
Hi Molly, thats great you feel where you belong. I know what you mean about simpler times, I feel the same way. People worked hard but they had so much, not in material things but in other things like family. They actually sat down at meals together, they ate and talked. Even in my crazy house as a kid with 12 kids, we ate together. Laughed, cried, you name it we did it together. As we try to make sense of things as they are, we yearn for simplicity. We can have it though. It's harder now, especially with teenagers and so much peer pressure out there, but we can do it as long as our priorities are straight. I dont think, I KNOW, I couldnt stand all the craziness in the world if I didnt have my faith and belief in God. The crazier it is the more I cling. I know I'll have my couple of acres, thats all I need, it will happen when it's right. Michele

"she selects wool and flax and works with eager hands". prov. 31:13
Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - May 27 2005 :  08:05:45 AM  Show Profile
Jacqueline, where in Wisconsin was he raised?

Michele, I couldn't agree more. My belief in God and my faith is a rock in my life, and I too cling harder as the days and years go by! The outside world is NUTS and I don't want any part of it! I look at the sweet Amish ladies that I see in Walmart now and then (yes they shop at Walmart here..) and I long for their lifestyle, the simplicity of their lives and dress and beliefs, you can see their humility in their faces. That's wonderful that you had so many brothers and sisters! I LOVE large families, and we want 7 kids altogether, I need to have a little girl someday!

Take care,
Molly

Go to Top of Page

connio
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

connie
springtown texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - May 27 2005 :  2:44:21 PM  Show Profile
Hi Mollymae I also love your name and the Thoreau quote. I live in the country on 6.5 acres after living in Dallas for 23 years. My life is now quite simple, and I love it. I read a phrase in a novel recently that describes how I feel about our crazy society--"I refuse to participate in our glutonous (SP?), consumption-oriented society." When I visit "Mary Jane's place", I always feel supported in this effort.

My maternal grandmother was from Wild Rose, Wisconsin, and I grew up near Rockford, right on the Wisconsin/Illinois border. I have fond memories of visiting her relatives on a farm when I was a child. THey even had a water pump in their kitchen; I was just amazed to see this! I went to summer camp each year in Lake Geneva, and we had a small lake cottage near Hayward, Wisconsin. My aunt also attended Beloit College. So as you can see, I have many Wisconsin memories.

Connie

cozycottage
Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - May 27 2005 :  3:20:51 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Kim

Welcome Molly Mae! We have a second home up in Wisconsin, Mauston.

Kim,

You are only an hour and a half from me

Molly

Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - May 27 2005 :  3:24:25 PM  Show Profile
Connie,

To me, Wisconsin is Heaven-on-Earth...we've only moved here recently, we came from California originally, and I never want to go back! What nice memories you have of Wisconsin, thank you for sharing them!

Molly

Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - May 27 2005 :  3:34:53 PM  Show Profile
Molly, I would love to visit Wisconsin. Have heard alot about the beauty of Door County. My husband and I are celebrating our 25th anniversary this June and would like to take a trip somewhere special, but close by. I live in Kansas so it would be a good long days drive to Wisconsin. I have heard of Kohler, Wisconsin, where the sinks are made. A kind of resort there. Do you know anything about it? I bet it is beautiful in your state in autumn. We may wait till then to take our trip because of harvest here and so much going on. Jenny from Kansas

"Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I'll meet you there." Rumi, 13th century.
Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - May 27 2005 :  3:43:46 PM  Show Profile
Jenny, congratulations on your upcoming anniversary! I have heard of Kohler, it's only about an hour and a half northeast of us, by Lake Michigan (which is just gorgeous). I've been to Lake Michigan, but not Kohler specifically, so I don't know too much about it. Autumn here is my favorite season, the trees are magnificent! I never want to live anywhere again that doesn't have 4 seasons

Molly

Go to Top of Page

Jacqueline
Farmgirl in Training

26 Posts

Jacqueline
Burbank CA
USA
26 Posts

Posted - May 27 2005 :  3:54:54 PM  Show Profile
He's from Mequon ( please someone tell me I spelled that correctly). Onthe outskirts of milwaukee. A total cheesehead!

He wants to take me to door county. Say's I'd love it and want a farm there.
Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - May 27 2005 :  4:11:43 PM  Show Profile
I think you spelled that right...hehe, that's not too far from me either :D

Molly

Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - May 28 2005 :  07:06:49 AM  Show Profile
The Amish shop at Walmart??????????? I'm not sure why that shocks me so but it does. Well, actually I do know why it shocks me. I thought they didnt take part in ANY modern conviences at all. I knew some Menonites in Florida and Ohio, they did do alot more with modern things but the only Amish I ever had contact with (thru church) NEVER, ever bought into our ways. They are wonderful people no matter where thehy shop, but it just struck me so funny. Good luck with having 7 kids. If I had started younger instead of near 40, I would have had more then 1 child. Now I will have babies but they will be baby animals!!! Michele

"she selects wool and flax and works with eager hands". Prov. 31:13
Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - May 29 2005 :  07:12:07 AM  Show Profile
I know it seems funny that they do, but I sure love seeing them there (I don't get out much, so wouldn't have much chance to see them otherwise) Whenever I make eye contact with one of the ladies, I always smile and they smile back so sweetly, it makes my day!

Molly

Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Another Newbie from Wisconsin! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page