Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Valentines Fabric Swap - SIGNUPS CLOSED
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Valentines Fabric Swap - SIGNUPS CLOSED Next Topic
Page: of 11

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7489 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7489 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2015 :  2:38:52 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Glad to have you April!

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7489 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7489 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2015 :  09:20:49 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
My fabric is on order and should be here next week. I can't wait to see all the fabrics everyone has picked out. So far we have 15 in this swap, which means 1-1/4 yards each of 2 different fabrics would work with about 5" left over. I've ordered more of each of mine to use for 2-1/2" strips.

Question: I'd love to host some more swaps and want to get opinions on what kinds of swaps you would like. I'm thinking there are several we can do. Here are a few suggestions. Please let me know which you would be interested in.
1. 5" squares - Scrappy or themed (florals, holidays, childrens, etc.) - There are many patterns for quilts, table runners, etc., that are made with 5" squares (also called charm packs). One great website is Pat Speth's Nickel Quilts. I have almost all of her books and M working on one quilt so far.
2. 2-1/2" strips - Scrappy or themed. Great for 9-patch or larger blocks, strip quilts, etc.
3. 10" squares
4. 9-patch blocks or other scrappy blocks - 6-1/2" or 12-1/2" unfinished.

Just some ideas, please let me know.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."

Edited by - quiltee on Dec 29 2015 6:39:51 PM
Go to Top of Page

Denise Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

831 Posts

Denise
Shoreview MN
USA
831 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2015 :  6:18:43 PM  Show Profile
Linda,
All of those sound fun. Its nice to have some different sizes incase you do want to use a "charm pack" or layer cake. I'm in for what ever, love the fabric...

Denise Ann
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7489 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7489 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2015 :  7:12:44 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Thanks, Denise. This group has stayed mostly the same since I started with the Christmas/Patriotic square swap. We have added new gals every new swap; and we all really love to sew.

For those who like to sew, having a variety of fabrics on hand is great. These swaps are great for fabric-oholics like us. We can build a supply of strips, squares, bricks, or triangles, and have them on hand so we can quickly create anything we want.

Thank you all for supporting our little group.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Go to Top of Page

Marti732
True Blue Farmgirl

398 Posts

Marti
Breckenridge Michigan
USA
398 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2015 :  7:26:50 PM  Show Profile
Linda I like all the ideas you've mentioned, there isn't one I would say I like more lol. fabric fabric fabric!
do you know when you will have the addresses ready to post, cuz I'm ready to send!

Marti
Farmgirl #2684

Friends are sisters we choose with our heart.
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7489 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7489 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2015 :  7:49:31 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Marti -

Signups end the 31st, so I have to wait to see if we get a few more. I doubt it, because all originals except Rose are signed up. But I need to wait. I will make the deadline at noon, and send out the list the afternoon of the 31st.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Go to Top of Page

Marti732
True Blue Farmgirl

398 Posts

Marti
Breckenridge Michigan
USA
398 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2015 :  7:10:43 PM  Show Profile
sounds good, thanks Linda

Marti
Farmgirl #2684

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7489 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7489 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2015 :  9:34:38 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
I am sending the list of names/addresses to everyone tonight. Please check it over ASAP and reply to all if there is an error in your name or address. The signups close at noon tomorrow, so if necessary I will send everyone an updated list.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Go to Top of Page

Marti732
True Blue Farmgirl

398 Posts

Marti
Breckenridge Michigan
USA
398 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2015 :  05:38:48 AM  Show Profile
thank you!

Marti
Farmgirl #2684

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7489 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7489 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2015 :  10:12:08 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
It is official. The list I sent is the final. Can't wait to see all the fabrics. I hope my fabrics arrive from the store SOON! I will cut and send ASAP.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Go to Top of Page

Quiltwright
True Blue Farmgirl

346 Posts

Cristy
LAKE HAVASU CITY AZ
USA
346 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2015 :  2:38:13 PM  Show Profile
My second fabric is scheduled to arrive on Tuesday, so I will get all my squares out on Wednesday. I can't wait to see the variety and start playing with the squares!

Enjoying the day!
Cristy
Go to Top of Page

Quiltwright
True Blue Farmgirl

346 Posts

Cristy
LAKE HAVASU CITY AZ
USA
346 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2015 :  3:01:54 PM  Show Profile
Linda I like all your ideas for the swaps! Anything to do with fabric catches my attention. Here are a couple more ideas that may be interesting....
1. Ugly fabric swap - You know you have it. You bought it at one time and now don't know what to do with it. Cut it up into 10" squares and see how creative the sisters can be with all those unusual fabrics! For those without alot of fabric stash, pick up that clearance or garage sale piece that no one in their right mind would plan an entire project out of.
2. Choose your color - Sign up with the color you need. Everyone sends you a piece in that color. You send out various colors to the requests of the other sisters.
3. I'm newer to the swaps, so don't know if there has ever been a block swap? For instance, everyone makes black and white blocks of their choice and sends an identical block to each on the list. Everyone does what they want with them and wow! What a variety of quilts we would see.

Enjoying the day!
Cristy
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7489 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7489 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2015 :  3:05:54 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Here is a website for the 5" Nickel Quilt patterns. All these quilts are made with 5" squares, which can be achieved by cutting the 10" squares in equal quarters. Lots of things to have fun with.

http://patspeth.com/
There are numerous links on this page to see more of her quilts. There is also a new free pattern link here.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7489 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7489 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2016 :  6:16:49 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Diana -
In your table runner are the hearts all made separately and then stitched together where they touch? I love the table runner and might try something like that.

My fabrics are due here on Wednesday, so I will try to send them out on Thursday to everyone.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2016 :  5:06:38 PM  Show Profile
Picked up my fabric yesterday! I'm so excited about cutting and mailing!!! The fun begins!!

Linda and Cristy, I love all those ideas!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7489 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7489 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2016 :  5:56:10 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Mine is due here Wednesday, so hope to get it all out on Thursday morning.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2016 :  7:48:49 PM  Show Profile
My fabric squares were mailed at lunch time today. I hope they all arrive safely. If you do not get yours by the middle of next week, please let me know so I can try again. Thanks.

TexasGran
Let God's light shine through you every day.
www.etsy.com/shop/
anniemayme
Amazon Children's Books, look for my name:Marilyn Robinson Godfrey
Craftsy: patterns for farm stick animals
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7489 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7489 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2016 :  12:25:57 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
WOW, Marilyn! Quick mail between you and me. I got my squares today and I love them. They are very different from the fabric I ordered. I love the envelope you mailed it in and the little valentine tag, too! So cute!

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Edited by - quiltee on Jan 05 2016 12:27:19 PM
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2016 :  1:27:34 PM  Show Profile
You mean you got yours today????? That was quick.Wow!

TexasGran
www.etsy.com/shop/
anniemayme
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7489 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7489 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2016 :  5:02:04 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Yep, I did! Love the fabrics.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7489 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7489 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2016 :  09:53:23 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
My fabrics arrived this morning, and I will cut and send out tomorrow. I'd get them out today, but I need to hand-write all the labels, because yesterday my 3-month-old printer died, and when I performed all the suggested "fixes" and they didn't work, I called HP. I know they knew there was a problem with this printer, because they immediately said they were sending me a brand new printer with the problem corrected - and the postage to send mine back to them. I'd like to know why the Office Depot even sold the printer if they knew there was a problem, and I'm going to ask them that question. LOL!

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2016 :  11:30:04 AM  Show Profile
It is nuts what they do to consumers now days.

TexasGran
www.etsy.com/shop/
anniemayme
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7489 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7489 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2016 :  09:59:49 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Everyone's fabric went into the mail at the PO today! ENJOY!

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1237 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1237 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2016 :  10:03:18 AM  Show Profile
Marilyn, I received my fabric today and just love it. Thank you so much for the cute tag.

Farmgirl Hugs & May all your Wishes come true.
Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
www.etsy.com/shop/markiebuck
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2016 :  10:24:55 AM  Show Profile
Hi girls, I am glad the Postal service is working better now. Glad you like your fabrics. There is a website:
https://www.missouriquiltco.com that showed a layer cake of Valentine fabrics this morning. 42 squares, 10" for $26.95, problem was it was sold out, but if you want more squares and a wide variety, you may want to check later,when they have restocked. I get an email from them each morning with special offers.

TexasGran
www.etsy.com/shop/
anniemayme
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Valentines Fabric Swap - SIGNUPS CLOSED Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page