Page: of 2

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2015 :  4:19:38 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
Good Evening Ladies,

As you know this past few months, I have been giving away a doll that I crochet a dress for. What I am wondering is if I should continue. I put Lilly up and no one really signed up for her. Some of the responses I received is that they felt it was a lot of work. For me, the amount of work is really my way of de-stressing from the everyday responsibilities of life. This in turn brings me extreme joy as well. It is like a part of me goes with each doll to her new home and the joy and blessing she takes to your home brings me a blessing as well. So my question is, should I continue? I would like for you to respond as to whether you would like to receive a doll that I make. Please submit your response below. I look forward to hearing from you to make this decision for the upcoming year.

Hugs
Becky

November 17. I want to thank each of you for your comments. I recently moved into a travel trailer and space is very limited. When I began the doll giveaway, especially the final set, it was so that I could reduce my supply and I was unsure about continuing for many reasons. My husband noticed the joy this brought me and felt I should continue. I was unsure if there were anyone who wanted my dolls and so that is what promoted the inquiry. Now that I have my answer I shall begin again in the New Year and will continue. I have over 75 patterns for and even have started to design my own doll dress patterns.
For those of you who already have a doll from me, please don’t feel selfish in wanting another. You name goes into a box and my husband draws the name. There is many opportunities for everyone and I shall be doing this for many years. Give me the reason to continue making these dolls as I love to do this. As to giving them away, I feel blessed knowing that the home they are going to they will be loved and cherished. I will be doing one per month as I find the time to complete each doll. They will range in sizes 11” Barbie doll size, 13” and 15”. I consider the 13” dolls to be almost like a little girl and the 15” dolls adult women and classier. I shall mix them up and do a special Christmas Santa set every December until there are either no interest or I can no longer crochet and have to quit which I hope will be a long ways off into the future.
The next doll giveaway will be in the New Year around the first part of January. So keep a look out for it and good luck to each of you and thank you for all the comments.

May the stars carry your sadness away. May the flowers fill your heart with beauty, and may hope forever wipe away your tears.

Edited by - Ladybek9756 on Nov 17 2015 5:04:58 PM

rksmith
True Blue Farmgirl

858 Posts

Rachel
Clayton GA
USA
858 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2015 :  4:39:20 PM  Show Profile
I don't collect these types of dolls but if I did, I would love one; I know that my MIL would love these dolls (she's a big time doll collector). The dolls that you give away are beautiful. I think that if you enjoy crocheting the dresses and giving them away then you should continue. I would say that any of the people who tell you that you shouldn't give them away because it is a lot of work either shouldn't enter the contests to get a free one or should send you money for them anyway to pay you for all of the work that goes into them. If it feels good to you to do a doll giveaway, then continue to do so. If you can't give them away on here, donate them to a nursing home or hospital or shelter.

Rachel
Farmgirl Sister #2753

True enlightenment is nothing but the nature of one's own self being fully realised-- His Holiness the Dali Lama

http://rachelsmithhhp.com

Go to Top of Page

Lowrider
Farmgirl in Training

30 Posts

Karen
Linthicum Maryland
USA
30 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2015 :  5:30:44 PM  Show Profile
My grandmom always had dozens of them sitting on her table several times a year when her church had their bazaars. She always made extras so us three girls could each pick one! I use to run into the house first because my mom always told me ahead of time she had made them, I always got first choice! I love them! Keep up your beautiful work and don't give up your passion!

ArtSeaFartSea Me!
https://www.pinterest.com/lowrider04/
http://lowriderchic.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

ladypony76
True Blue Farmgirl

313 Posts

Angela
Louisville MS
USA
313 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2015 :  6:30:44 PM  Show Profile
Hi Rebecca,
I would love to receive a doll. I always wanted one but one with a handmade dress would be awesome. It would mean more. I would be so grateful if you would consider me. Thank you!
Farmgirl Hugs,
Angela#6681

Farmgirl Farming on Faith!
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13640 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13640 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2015 :  8:34:13 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Becky,
You have been very generous with sharing your talent in making these gorgeous dolls. I believe that if you want to continue and that is something you enjoy and your heart tells you to carry on, then go for it! I believe we should all share our talents in whatever manner our hearts desire.
I consider my doll from you as a true treasure . . . it has tremendous meaning to me because of YOU and YOUR GIVING HEART!
God Bless You, Becky!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2015 :  9:53:51 PM  Show Profile
Becky,

The doll you made Emi is absolutely precious! I would love to enter one of your drawings for my other girls, but do no want to be selfish. I think if you want to create them and give them away, that is your prerogative and you should continue to do so. I think your generous heart exemplifies the Farmgirl heart and spirit!

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Beth Jones
True Blue Farmgirl

3196 Posts

beth
tallassee alabama
3196 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2015 :  03:58:08 AM  Show Profile
Becky. All I can say is I treasure mine! Thank you so much!! Beth

You can never be too kind!

FOTM June, 2014..I have been so blessed!
Go to Top of Page

Daizy
True Blue Farmgirl

992 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
992 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2015 :  05:00:03 AM  Show Profile
Hay there,

I never win anything so I don't enter a lot of drawings. I think your dolls are so sweet. I would love to have one. They could hang out with the rest of my little family. I only have a few dolls, not a large collection, but I like the unique ones, like yours.

Do what brings you joy!! Gift them or give them ... either way you win and so does the receiver!

Hugs and prayers, Daizy #1093
Poor House Farmgirl Chapter {A virtual chapter open to everyone.}
A good day is when you find ALL your ear tags! I wonder how my cows would like my Farmgirl apron??
www.poorhouseparadise.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3950 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3950 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2015 :  08:13:12 AM  Show Profile
I do not collect these dolls. I have no space for them. I DO love to look at the pictures. Keep doing it and be generous always. I make ripple afghans to relax and give away. There is nothing like giving away and afghan and learning that the child takes it everywhere. I gave one to my nephew when he was a baby and he gave it a name - Lili. He would take it everywhere and chew on it. His mom would have to fix it so it wouldn't unravel. Finally, it got so small they had to throw it away.

Let people know that the joy they have after receiving the doll is all that payment you need but take the cash if it is offered.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2015 :  09:41:32 AM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
Goodness Rebecca... I thought all the dolls were taken. I would love to have a doll. God Bless and keep doing what you love to do.

Julie
Farmgirl #399
May 2010 Farmgirl of the Month

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog ... Charles F. Doran

Edited by - ClaireSky on Nov 17 2015 09:42:09 AM
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2015 :  10:11:37 AM  Show Profile
Becky,
I thought all the dolls were taken. It sounds like others did too. That's most likely why Lilly didn't find her home.
I love your dolls and especially my Miriam. At the risk of being "selfish" as CJ also mentioned..I would not ask for another. There must be many outlets for your dolls. I'll put on my thinking cap. You are such a sweetheart to share.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1416 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1416 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2015 :  10:56:17 AM  Show Profile
Becky - I truly love your dolls!! I'm in the same boat as Judith and CJ - I didn't want to be selfish and ask for more! Merry Sunshine is such a true sunshine to me :) Please keep making them...I love my doll :) My daughter loves her too! You have blessed me immensely through your generosity.

Joyce Hein
Farmgirl Sister #6071
Go to Top of Page

ptroupe
True Blue Farmgirl

1752 Posts

Portia
Johnson City NY
USA
1752 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2015 :  1:26:44 PM  Show Profile
Of course, I would love to have another one! But, I feel guilty since I have one already and another attached to a wreath you made me. I think it is wonderful and so generous that you want to continue, so I say....Rock on!!!

Hugs,
Portia

Wishing for the country life!
Go to Top of Page

Catherine L
True Blue Farmgirl

408 Posts

Cathy
Newton Texas
USA
408 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2015 :  3:00:50 PM  Show Profile
I would love to have one, too. Cathy

~Cathy~
Farmgirl 2428 http://www.my-fairhaven.blogspot.com/
http://adaywithnonnaandboompa.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Lowrider
Farmgirl in Training

30 Posts

Karen
Linthicum Maryland
USA
30 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2015 :  3:45:25 PM  Show Profile
Becky I will keep watching for the next giveaway! I have a bedroom here in my new house just for my granddaughter who's 2 1/2 I have my moms French babies she made in a huge curio cabinet and a large collection of Storybook dolls my mom and I were collecting before she passed. One for her bed in the center of the quilt I made her would be more than awesome!

ArtSeaFartSea Me!
Go to Top of Page

Lowrider
Farmgirl in Training

30 Posts

Karen
Linthicum Maryland
USA
30 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2015 :  4:04:13 PM  Show Profile
Becky, I just ran into my bedroom and took a few photos of my moms French Jumeau dolls that she made in her doll classes she use to take. She hand painted the faces and bodies and all the clothes were sewn by hand. She made the outfits by looking at doll photos. My grandmom and her were excellent seamstress. I entered one in our State Fair and it won best in show in the fine arts category. I never told her I did that I surprised her when I took her there! She won grand champion for one of her oil painting I took there too. She never tooted her own horn so I did it for her. I was always so proud of all her talents.

ArtSeaFartSea Me!
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7626 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7626 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2015 :  8:07:44 PM  Show Profile
Beautiful dolls and your a really special daughter for your mom.

Thanks for sharing,

darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

Denise Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

831 Posts

Denise
Shoreview MN
USA
831 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2015 :  9:23:48 PM  Show Profile
Rebecca
I would be interested, I think you do beautiful work and there is a lot of love that goes into your dolls, you can tell just by looking at them.

Denise Ann
Go to Top of Page

fille de ferme
True Blue Farmgirl

2344 Posts

Madeline
Meadow Lands Pa.
USA
2344 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2015 :  02:09:27 AM  Show Profile
Dearest Becky, I think you know my answer to the question. My Primrose has brought me such JOY. Every time I look upon her gracing my bed, I think of you & how truly talented & generous you are. I understand fully, how crafting & giving brings you such happiness, so my farm sis fill your heart with happiness, do what you LOVE....

KEEP A SMILE IN YOUR HEART...
Go to Top of Page

Beth Jones
True Blue Farmgirl

3196 Posts

beth
tallassee alabama
3196 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2015 :  06:54:24 AM  Show Profile
That is true what Maddie said, Life is short, do what brings you joy and happiness. My doll you made for me is treasured!! Thank you again, Becky!

You can never be too kind!

FOTM June, 2014..I have been so blessed!
Go to Top of Page

laurzgot
True Blue Farmgirl

1692 Posts

Laurie
Alvin Texas
USA
1692 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2015 :  07:49:56 AM  Show Profile
Becky, Your dolls are so beautiful and the work you put into it is pure love. I have put my name in the hat a few times but never won one. I say do what your heat says and keep going on doing these wonderful dolls. I'll keep a lookout for the next one.

Hugs,
Laurie
Country girl at heart
"Smile and be yourself everyday."

Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3950 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3950 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2015 :  08:40:59 AM  Show Profile
When you finish a doll dress design, I volunteer to test it. It is possible to sell your designs and obtain some cash for them.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2015 :  09:21:00 AM  Show Profile
Becky, I am so happy to hear you will continue to follow your passion!!!!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2015 :  2:47:16 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
Thank you all so much for your kind comments. It really feels good to finally have a place for these dolls. I truly love making them and giving them to you to either keep or find a home where they will make someone happy and treasure them. I will be taking a short break for the rest of this year except for the few swaps and barters that I have committed to, so I will be able to complete the items I want to make my husband. He has been such a treasure in encouraging me to continue making these dolls as well. I think that he loves to pick the winner once I have completed the doll. So it is a joint effort with us as we send them off to their new home.
God Bless You.
Farm Girl Hugs
Becky

May the stars carry your sadness away. May the flowers fill your heart with beauty, and may hope forever wipe away your tears.
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13640 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13640 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2015 :  3:13:42 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Enjoy your break and the holidays . . . and your hubby! We'll look forward to what you have in the new year!
HUGS!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Daizy
True Blue Farmgirl

992 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
992 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2015 :  3:29:11 PM  Show Profile
Enjoy your holidays...the New Year is fast approaching. Then make dolls and dresses!! Whoo hoo !!!

(PS....make mine a blonde please....I miss my blonde hair.))

Hugs and prayers, Daizy #1093
Poor House Farmgirl Chapter {A virtual chapter open to everyone.}
A good day is when you find ALL your ear tags! I wonder how my cows would like my Farmgirl apron??
www.poorhouseparadise.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Dolls For Give Away Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page