Printer Friendly
Author HomeSafeHome: Previous Topic Check for Pest!! Next Topic  

GRITSgal
Farmgirl in Training

44 Posts

Jamie
Cave Spring Georgia
44 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2006 :  05:19:48 AM  Show Profile  Send GRITSgal an AOL message  Send GRITSgal a Yahoo! Message
Recently last week, my sis in law have the fire in her new house (she moved in Sept) in NC. Fortunely, she and her husband are not at home. Her dishwasher blews up and it s even not ON. it's from the bad wiring chewed up from the squrriel from the attic which they made a home. My sis in law knew that when she first bought it/saw the home up the attic. first they moved in, they took care of it fast. Sad, it s too late that squrriel chewed the wirings around. The house was empty for a while before they bought it.

Please check your attic for little critters and take care of it fast!!!!

I ll check it at my new house to make sure.

My sis in law is currently renting the house and the insurance will fix up her whole kitchen. Luckily, her neighbor took a walk and saw the fire earlier.. if 5 mins later, her whole house will be gone!

Pray for her and her husband. it s hard year for her. :)

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2006 :  05:23:33 AM  Show Profile
Wow! Too bad for your sister-in-law but glad she was not at home and is safe. Thanks for the tip. Be safe. MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com

"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2006 :  05:53:44 AM  Show Profile
So sorry for your SIL and family. Glad to hear everyone is safe and repairs are being covered. I am going to the attic this morning to check because we do have those dastardly critters trying to get in. It doesn't help I have a neighbor who feeds them dog food! They have chewed through truck wiring 3 times already and constantly destroy our propane line to the grill. We had a fire scare this week so I am not taking any chances! Thanks for the reminder.

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

~Tracey~
True Blue Farmgirl

351 Posts

Tracey
TN
USA
351 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2006 :  06:59:27 AM  Show Profile
Many prayers for your family. So glad someone saw in time and it is covered by insurance!!!

Tracey,
mama to Callum 13, Katie 8, Wil 5.5, Benjamin 3 and Andrew 8 months!!

http://hansenhootenanny.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  HomeSafeHome: Previous Topic Check for Pest!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page