DaisyFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

1646 Posts

Diane
Victoria BC
Canada
1646 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2006 :  3:42:08 PM  Show Profile
Holy cow...that was some storm. I have six huge trees down in front of my house (fortunately none hit it!). We were without power for four days...who knew bbq stew could taste so good! No heat and no water either. A real lesson in emergency preparedness for sure. I was proud of us all and just how well we really did manage. I even survived my m-i-l (another story..).
I just got my cable (internet & email) back a half hour ago. Eleven days without!! So, I just slogged through 194 emails and moved those that I need to reply to into a folder. So if you haven't heard from me, please be patient for a day or two, I'm truly not ignoring you or being rude.
Hugs to you all, I missed everybuddy!!
Di

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2006 :  3:49:14 PM  Show Profile
Wow Diane what a situation! Glad you were all safe! Welcome back!
Bonnie

...she is far more precious than jewels and her value is far above rubies or pearls.
Prov 31:10
www.beequilting.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Phils Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

1095 Posts

Ann
Parsonsburg Maryland
USA
1095 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2006 :  3:51:48 PM  Show Profile
Oh DEAR! Is this time of year usually so harsh for your area, Diane? First you have the floods....and then, this. Welcome back to cyberspace, and awards for survival skills!

Missed you, too!
Love,
Ann

There is a Redeemer.
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9092 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9092 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2006 :  3:54:55 PM  Show Profile
Good to see you back Diane, we were without power here in october for eight days with two feet of snow and trees down every place, I know what its like, no fun. funny how we make due isn't it? Glad thing will get back to normal for you. Its fun just to turn lights on open the frige and be warm isn't it?
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2006 :  4:37:11 PM  Show Profile
Wow Diane, it is good to hear from you. I knew you would get what we got only more so. We had 20 in of snow and 3 days without power and in fact we were so snow bound i didn't get out of here til just last monday and this started just after our thanksgiving. We have tremendous tree loss too. Some totally down and the rest with branches everywhere. We couldn't find our front or back door but luckily nothing hit the house. So welcome back.

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com

"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2006 :  5:34:30 PM  Show Profile
Glad to have you back, we missed you! Sorry to hear you got hit with another act of nature so soon after the last. Catch your breath and breathe a sigh of relief that you are all well and hopefully have some good stories to tell for days to come! Amazing what we can do when we have to, isn't it? Be well.

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2006 :  6:22:27 PM  Show Profile
glad you are back gurlfren .. and that is all is getting back to somewhat normal .. and you jus' know we wanna' hear those MIL stories! xo, frannie

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

DaisyFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

1646 Posts

Diane
Victoria BC
Canada
1646 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2006 :  9:59:35 PM  Show Profile
LOL Frannie...okay venting time!! So I phoned the cable and spoke to a very nice lady who put in the work order to get us hooked back up to cable today. She made us a priority as we were missed when they fixed the bulk of the downed lines. So about half hour after I talked to her, my MIL (who doesn't believe me) phones the cable company on a rant...I didn't know she was making the call, my daughter overheard her. Seems her missing "The Bachelor" final episode was a major life crisis and she let the cable company know it. Anyway, this poor lady phones me back so confused after my earlier call to her. Okay, so I mended that one.
Next on her phone list was Hydro who should have phoned their customers (all 30,000 of us!) to let us know when the power was going to be turned back on. Keep in mind these utilities are in MY name! Geez!
I try and make allowances for her age, but lordy if I hear once more how "all my years of work on my farm are gone" I'm going to scream. I've certainly got lots of work to do, but all is not lost.
But the clincher was when she wanted dh to go and buy a generator and get an electrician to hook it up. Now this was in the middle of the storm and he tried to explain to her that getting an electrician would be next to impossible and he was NOT about to venture out to buy a generator. My dh has late onset Huntington's disease and tends to get easily stressed at the best of times. Well, MIL was mad because she didn't get her own way about the generator and told him that "his Huntington's was showing". Nice huh?
Such is my life with a woman that was very spoiled growing up, catered to by her husband and can't cope when life isn't bleached (literally) and perfect. I truly do try to have patience.
Okay, venting done and I'm smilin' now!
Di
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2006 :  02:33:17 AM  Show Profile
Oh Diane! Big (((hugs)))!!!
Bonnie

...she is far more precious than jewels and her value is far above rubies or pearls.
Prov 31:10
www.beequilting.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Phils Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

1095 Posts

Ann
Parsonsburg Maryland
USA
1095 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2006 :  04:33:54 AM  Show Profile
Diane, a question: HOW do you keep sane??? You have my heartfelt admiration.... and sympathy. More big (((hugs)))!

You are loved,
Ann

There is a Redeemer.
Go to Top of Page
  Keeping in Touch: Previous Topic I'm Back!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page