Page: of 2

TheSoapMaven
True Blue Farmgirl

691 Posts

Susan
LA
USA
691 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2006 :  06:18:17 AM  Show Profile  Send TheSoapMaven a Yahoo! Message
Frannie you have my deepest sympathy. I lost my dad two years ago Nov 17. I think about him everyday. Know you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Susan
Proprietress of Dahlem's Soapworks http://www.thesoapmaven.com

Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2006 :  06:29:59 AM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
dear frannie,
so sorry to hear about the loss of your dad. i know having him in your life was such a blessing. my thoughts and prayers are with you and your sister at this time. i have loved so much the stories you have told about him. what a sweet and wonderful spirit he is. extra love being sent to you at this time from texas.

love
fran

(http://farmfolks-frannie.blogspot.com/)
Go to Top of Page

berries
True Blue Farmgirl

475 Posts

gloria g
Florida
USA
475 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2006 :  06:35:33 AM  Show Profile
Just want to let you know, I know your pain right now. But God is good, and the knowing that they are safe and happy, helps your heart heal. Think on all the good times, and it will surely put a smile on your face.

I lost my dad January 1, 1997, and I miss him so much. But knowing I will see him and be with him makes it bearable. We were very close, and not a day goes by, I don't reflect on what a great man, husband, father, friend he is! Think of all those good things.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and yours, in your trip, and during the coming months.

farmgirl love, hugs, and thoughts, gloria g. Richards, TX

strawberry fields forever and ever!

www.strawberryhousequilting.com
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2006 :  09:46:51 AM  Show Profile
Dear Frannie,

I'm so sorry. Hugs to you. Your daddy was a blessed man to have such loving daughters and I'm sure he knew that.

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

lamamama
True Blue Farmgirl

255 Posts

Melanie
CA
USA
255 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2006 :  09:51:41 AM  Show Profile
I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your Dad, Frannie. May you find comfort in the memories you hold in your heart. Please take extra good care of yourself in the days ahead. With prayers for you.......
Melanie
Go to Top of Page

Sweet Harvest Homestead
True Blue Farmgirl

279 Posts

Lindy
Stanfield NC
USA
279 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2006 :  06:01:38 AM  Show Profile
Frannie Sweetie,
I am sorry about your Daddy. I am sending you a big squeeze.
Love,
Lindy

www.sweetharvesthomestead.typepad.com
Go to Top of Page

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2006 :  11:10:37 AM  Show Profile
Frannie, I'm late in reading this, but wanted to let you know how sorry I am for your loss. May God bless you and hold you in his loving arms in the days to come.

Some people search for happiness; others create it.

http://happymama58.typepad.com/my_weblog/

Please visit me at www.marykay.com/pmiinch
Go to Top of Page

JudyBlueEyes
True Blue Farmgirl

657 Posts

Judith
Spokane Washington
USA
657 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2006 :  1:13:12 PM  Show Profile
Frannie, Big FarmGirl Hugs to you. Your Dear Daddy will live forever in you sweet memories of him. Love, Judy

The Rooster crows, but the Hen lays the egg. ~ Texas Proverb
Go to Top of Page

bohemiangel
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Bridget
Ligonier pa
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2006 :  05:01:31 AM  Show Profile  Send bohemiangel an AOL message  Click to see bohemiangel's MSN Messenger address  Send bohemiangel a Yahoo! Message
Frannie many prayers to you and your family! I always like to think hm who can the person meet of my family up there:) I have quite a few sadly and not all that old but I'm sure they have a ball talking about us;) It's a blink of an eye of time for them and forever for us. Many many HUGS!

"... to thine ownself be true."
Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2006 :  05:23:42 AM  Show Profile
My deepest sympathies, Frannie, on the loss of your dear Dad. In your sorrow, may you continue to find the joy of his life and the continuation of his legacy.
Go to Top of Page

Kelly43
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

NJ
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2006 :  04:39:14 AM  Show Profile
Frannie, my heart goes out to you and your family. You will always be able to carry that love with you, and your father has given you the gift of passing that love to everyone you meet. I hope your trip to d.c. was safe and that you are doing ok. Know that all of us farmgirls are keeping you in our thoughts and prayers.
Kel
Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2006 :  12:09:14 PM  Show Profile
oh frannie, I am so sorry for your loss. Honey, please take some comfort knowing his bright star will shed beautiful light on this earth.

she selects wool and flax and works with eager hands Prov.31:13
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2006 :  09:20:36 AM  Show Profile
dear friends .. i am so very grateful to each and every one of you .. your love and prayers for my family at this sad time has been precious to me. i have told all my family of your well-wishes. and i thank you all who wrote to my dad last year when he went into hospice care. my sister gave me all your cards and i sat and read each of them and i will keep them in an album with photos of my dad.

my dad's funeral was 'bittersweet' .. bitter because we no longer have him here on earth .. sweet because he is now free of his aches and pains and most of all his inability to walk the earth .. roaming here and there .. oh my goodness .. i surely do have that quality of his .. and it is far better that he have wings to soar wherever he wants to explore .. i imagine the wonderous adventures he will have!

what a perfect perfect tribute to him at his funeral ... there were children and grandchildren and great grandchildren there. my dad's dear sister (ouor auntie em) was there .. she has always been a strong foundation for my own life. when asked if anyone in the family had any words to say .. i proudly stood up and told of my dad's unending, unqualified love and of all his 'progeny' .. that he will live forever through his children and his children's children and so on until the end of time. my brother stood and talked also of the legacy he leaves with so many 'children' in that very room to celebrate his life and that we all owe our very lives to our dad. the service was dear. we all gathered afterwards at my sister's home and cousins saw cousins ... some of whom hadn't seen each other in several years and many little cousins met other little cousins for the very first time in their lives. again .. it was dear.

of special importance to me was having my heart, my love, my handsome honey hunk husband hank by my side with his unending love and strength .. and our dear daughter and family with us to keep me focused on the future generations. frank was a strong support with his very presence, lucas brightened my heart every moment i was with him, sofia catherine brought me peace and joy just holding her and wednesday was my soul as she gently reminded me of all the happy times and the important things in this lifetime.

we got a late start home last night .. and stopped after a few hours of driving. and completed our trip today .. arriving home about an hour ago. i am exhausted .. both physically and emotionally .. but i know my dear dad is in a good safe place where he awaits each of his 'seed' when it is their turn. he will be at heaven's door to lovingly embrace each of us as we arrive as he was greeted by his own mother and father and 6 brothers and sisters who have gone before him.

i will take a day to relax and recupperate and reflect here at the farm .. then the day after .. i must hit the roads again to do my christmas shopping. i have not yet gotten even ONE gift for my precious children and grandchildren .. and even though this is a time of sorrow .. life does continue and we will celebrate. i am now a week behind on my preparations for our month-long trip to africa .. MUCH to do before i can head there .. most important is ordering lots of my meds to take with me!!!

the truly 'sweet' side of our visit back 'nawth' was seeing our daughter, kristen and family .. INCLUDING that ADORABLE, ADORABLE, ADORABLE, new great-grandson (Andrew Jordan) of ours! What a little love he is! It was as it should be i suppose, that when we say goodbye to a loved one .. we are offered the opportunity to say hello to the newest little family member to come into this world.

again, thank you for all your sweet thoughts. i will most likely get on here to share some photos with you (goodness .. i haven't even had time to send pictures and stories of our newest little grand-daughter, sofia catherine .. and WHAT and ANGEL-PIE she is!) and as always when i am with our sweet grandson, LUCAS .. i have the mostest fun and have stories to tell!

meanwhile, i do hope you are all enjoying the holiday season .. gathering with family and friends.

hugs, frannie

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2006 :  09:05:44 AM  Show Profile
Frannie - your dad's memorial sounds just perfect - and I love that you were able to meet little Andrew Jordan. Live does give us the happy with the sad, and the good with the bad, it seems, doesn't it?

I'm glad that you're home safe and sound, and I'm sending good, peaceful and happy wishes to you and yours this holiday season.

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

country lawyer
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

1022 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2006 :  10:50:12 AM  Show Profile
Frannie, Just wanted to send along my deepest sympathy to you. I have admired your strength in dealing with your father's declining health since the day you first introduced his sweet self to us here. You continue to be an inspiration to this FarmGirl. Two of my favorite aunts have died recently and I gotta tell you, I have meditated on your words and attitude. I admire the way you have handled your father's failing condition and now, death. Your daddy "done good" with you, honey 'chile!

"The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time."
James Taylor
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2006 :  11:15:01 AM  Show Profile
thank you sweet rebekah .. your kind words make my heart smile. xoxo