Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Garden Gate
 A Wonderful E-Mag, www.farm-garden.com
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Garden Gate: Previous Topic A Wonderful E-Mag, www.farm-garden.com Next Topic  

Phils Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

1095 Posts

Ann
Parsonsburg Maryland
USA
1095 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2006 :  08:08:13 AM  Show Profile
I learned a few weeks ago from Jeannie (jpbluesky) who writes the Flower Gardener column that she and Robin of ThymeForEweFarm, who is the editor, have this wonderful magazine at www.farm-garden.com. The articles are helpful and a lot of fun to read.... so I wondered if you all know about this? There are loads of information on this site. Now that the seed catalogs are coming in it's time for me to get thinking about next spring... and all that can be done ahead to get ready.

XO,
Ann

There is a Redeemer.

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2006 :  10:50:31 AM  Show Profile
Thank you Ann! I put it right in my favorites!

...she is far more precious than jewels and her value is far above rubies or pearls.
Prov 31:10
www.beequilting.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2006 :  11:51:31 AM  Show Profile
Ann and all - I only write an occasional article. Robin and her staff work hard and very professionally to create the good online magazine you mention above. I feel honored to help out with one column. It is really fun to read all the info there.

Ephesians 1:17
Go to Top of Page

ThymeForEweFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

705 Posts

Robin
An organic farm in the forest in Maine
USA
705 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2006 :  11:59:57 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Ann!

Jeannie is a wonderful writer. One day a month I make myself a cup of tea, put an extra log on the fire and sit down to edit. It's so easy to walk through a garden center or see Jeannie's granddaughter in the garden while I'm reading her articles. I think we're both pretty lucky to part of the Farm & Garden family.

Robin
www.thymeforewe.com
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2006 :  12:12:35 PM  Show Profile
I love Farm & Garden -- it is one of the best E-Mags out there. And the website has so much info. Robin you do a great job! Jeannie's articles are so wonderful. Such a pleasure to read.

The Rustic Cottage Etsy Shop http://therusticcottage.etsy.com

Visit my blog! http://nwfarmerette.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Phils Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

1095 Posts

Ann
Parsonsburg Maryland
USA
1095 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2006 :  12:18:19 PM  Show Profile
Jeannie IS a good writer. As you noted, her imagery is wonderful. I feel like I'm right there. I also enjoyed reading some of your blog, Robin. It's encouraging that you span the distance from Maine to Florida ( is it Florida, Jeannie?), and I've no idea where all the other writers are, geographically. Speaking of which...:

Jeannie, do you by any chance know how to successfully grow rhubarb in the more southern locales? Here in zone 7 I think I've failed three years in a row.

I look forward to reading ALL of Farm and Garden... so much to learn.

XO,
Ann

There is a Redeemer.
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2006 :  5:17:12 PM  Show Profile
Wow thanks for the link! I really enjoyed looking and added it to my faves! (man that list is getting L O N G!!!)

Jewelry, art, baskets, etc.

www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

ThymeForEweFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

705 Posts

Robin
An organic farm in the forest in Maine
USA
705 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2006 :  03:53:50 AM  Show Profile
quote:
It's encouraging that you span the distance from Maine to Florida ( is it Florida, Jeannie?), and I've no idea where all the other writers are, geographically. Speaking of which...:

Off the top of my head - writers live in Maine, Vermont, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, Idaho, Nebraska, Tennessee, Kentucky, New Jersey, New York, Wisconsin, Ohio, Iowa, Colorado, North Carolina, Arkansas, Michigan and Oregon. I know there are a few states I've forgotten. We try to work with writers from all over the country so that we can offer location appropriate information for everyone.

We have changes coming in 2007. A new employee is coming to work with us next month, there's a large gift certificate up for grabs very soon and a few new things in the works.

Robin
www.thymeforewe.com
Go to Top of Page

Forrester Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

703 Posts

Ann
Belmont MI
USA
703 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2006 :  05:51:47 AM  Show Profile
I was able to spend a little time perusing the e-mag. I look forward to spending more time reading later this week. Thanks for sharing.
Ann Forrester
http://annforrester.tohe.com
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2006 :  10:30:53 AM  Show Profile
What a great e-mag! I've added it to my "must check in and read" list, too! Thanks!!!

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page
  Garden Gate: Previous Topic A Wonderful E-Mag, www.farm-garden.com Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page