Farmgirl at Heart

5 Posts

Geva
Chanhassen MN
USA
5 Posts

Posted - May 22 2005 :  2:17:13 PM  Show Profile
Hello,

I picked up my first copy of the magazine yesterday and had to come right to the website because I felt like I fit right in. What a refreshing magazine and beautiful way to communicate with such creative, resourceful and inspiring people.

I live in a suburb of Minneapolis in a woodsy area and have a big, beautiful garden that we just expanded for more heirloom tomatoes today! We're house hunting in the south this summer for a home with more land for more gardens and animals. Our two chickens need some friends.

I can't wait to read all the postings for more inspiration.

Geva

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - May 22 2005 :  3:24:02 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Geva! Your place sounds lovely! You will fit right in here! This is a fun and supportive and smart group of farmgirls, and some guys too! So glad you found us and are reading MaryJane's magazine. Chime right in on the various topics! jenny from Kansas

"Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I'll meet you there." Rumi, 13th century.
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - May 22 2005 :  3:56:06 PM  Show Profile
Welcoma Geva! Glad you found us. Take some time and browse through all the topics that interest you and jump right in any time!

****Gardener, Stitcher, Spiritual Explorer and Appreciator of all Things Natural****

"Begin to weave and God will give the thread." - German Proverb
Go to Top of Page

Eileen
True Blue Farmgirl

1199 Posts

Eileen

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - May 22 2005 :  3:59:53 PM  Show Profile
Hi Geva,
What an interresting name. So glad you have found us. Can't wait to hear more from you too. Eileen

songbird; singing joy to the earth
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - May 22 2005 :  4:48:28 PM  Show Profile
Hi Geva! Welcome to the family!
I love Minnesota and lived there years ago (more than 20) for a few years. My second son was born there. We lived sort of between Bemidji and Grand Rapids on Sand Lake and ran a resort. Fun. I hated to move. I am glad you are here!!

Jenny in Utah

Bloom where you are planted!
Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - May 22 2005 :  6:57:15 PM  Show Profile
Hi Geva, glad to have you with us. You'll enjoy all the postings. Happy reading. Michele

"she selects wool and flax and works with eager hands". Prov. 31:13
Go to Top of Page

brownswissgal
Farmgirl in Training

29 Posts

Julie
Plainfield Wisconsin
USA
29 Posts

Posted - May 23 2005 :  07:47:32 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Geva.... I'm your neighbor to the south/east (Wisconsin) Don't you just love your chickens... their the greatest little feathered critter... Hope you enjoy yourself here... everyone is super and lots of fun info yapped about in this group :)

take care, Julie

I never met a cow I didn't like
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - May 23 2005 :  07:53:46 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Geva! What is south to you? Are you looking for a home in Florida? :) That is where I am, and you would love it! Although, I love the farmland of Minnesota and sometime wish I were there!

Glad to have you here!
jpbluesky

Heaven gives its glimpses only to those
Not in position to look too close.
from "A Passing Glimpse" by Robert Frost
Go to Top of Page

Geva
Farmgirl at Heart

5 Posts

Geva
Chanhassen MN
USA
5 Posts

Posted - May 23 2005 :  6:51:29 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for the welcome!

We're leaving for Kentucky June 5 to spend 10 days exploring and searching for some land - the idea would be a farmhouse bed and breakfast on about 100 acres. We'll see what happens... The good news is that we love where we live and would be happy if we had to stay here, too. The winters are just too long. Florida is a wonderful state, too.

Geva

quote:
Originally posted by jpbluesky

Welcome Geva! What is south to you? Are you looking for a home in Florida? :) That is where I am, and you would love it! Although, I love the farmland of Minnesota and sometime wish I were there!

Glad to have you here!
jpbluesky

Heaven gives its glimpses only to those
Not in position to look too close.
from "A Passing Glimpse" by Robert Frost

Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - May 23 2005 :  10:12:22 PM  Show Profile
My oldest son and family lived in Kentucky for two years and I got to go out and visit when my grandbaby was born (it will be 3 years ago in July!!) I thought it was such a pretty place. They were in Possum Trot..which is near Paducah. I loved it there...it was no more humid than Minnesota..and the heat got me ready for the move here a week after I got home (we were moving from coastal Calif to central Utah where we are now) good luck finding property there..prices seem to be great there..and the people were sure nice!

Jenny in Utah

Bloom where you are planted!
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - May 24 2005 :  2:46:19 PM  Show Profile
Welcome aboard Geva! Pretty name.