countrykat
True Blue Farmgirl

85 Posts

kathy
paola kansas
USA
85 Posts

Posted - May 20 2005 :  10:10:49 PM  Show Profile
Hi, I spent about an hour reading through various topics in the forum and decided I needed to join the group so I could participate. I am a city girl turned country. I think it was in my heart from an early age. My husband and I, with our young son (10 months), live on 13 acres. We also share our space with 4 horses, 4 dogs, 8 cats and 60 chickens. Our horses are kept on a dry lot as we prefer to grow hay that sustains them through the year. We are also able to send them to the neighbors for 3-6 months each year for free grazing, benefitial to us all as they don't have to mow and we end up with some hay for sale. I am in the process of planting a garden and chicken proofing it as our birds are free range. As a stay at home Mom I was most interested in the "5 acres and independence" topic as well as the flower subscription thread. Got lots of great ideas now.

Back to the forums for more browsing

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - May 20 2005 :  10:49:38 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Kathy..another Kansas farmgirl..that is great!! I bet you will like it here!!

Jenny in Utah

Bloom where you are planted!
Go to Top of Page

countrykat
True Blue Farmgirl

85 Posts

kathy
paola kansas
USA
85 Posts

Posted - May 20 2005 :  10:59:19 PM  Show Profile
Hi Jenny, and thanks. I've read several posts by you as well as viewed the pictures you posted of your farm, love the sign!
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - May 21 2005 :  06:08:37 AM  Show Profile
Wow! Another Kansas farmgirl! Welcome Kathy! I live in Salina! So glad you joined our little group! You will love it here! Paola is south and east of Wichita? I am so happy to have another Kansan on board...This is a great bunch of folks. Jenny from Kansas

"Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I'll meet you there." Rumi, 13th century.
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - May 21 2005 :  06:13:16 AM  Show Profile
oops...I just remembered you are in the Northeast part of the state! I started a farmgirl chapter called "The Ruby Slippers"...check it out on the connection homepage. Now there is more than one Kansas farmgirl!!!!

"Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I'll meet you there." Rumi, 13th century.
Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - May 21 2005 :  08:13:54 AM  Show Profile
Hi Kathy and welcome, 13 acres, I cant even imagine BUT I can dream! you are in the right place. This site helps all of us but at times, when I read about all the acres alot of you have, I get so envious. Then I remember what Clare said and how true it is; "bring the country to wherever you are". I do that now and it does work, Im so happy for everyone who is living their dreams AND dreaming their dreams. Welcome to the site. Michele

"she selects wool and flax and works with eager hands". Prov. 31:13
Go to Top of Page

countrykat
True Blue Farmgirl

85 Posts

kathy
paola kansas
USA
85 Posts

Posted - May 21 2005 :  10:02:13 AM  Show Profile
Paola is in the Eastern part of Kansas, but not North. We live 1 mile from Hillsdale lake or about 45 minutes South of Kansas City. Glad to be here. As a recent stay-at-home Mom I am looking for ways to supplement my allowance. Giving up the high paying job was tough but my new job is so much more rewarding. Glad to have found this group and look forward to checking out the Ruby Slippers group too. Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

Eileen
True Blue Farmgirl

1199 Posts

Eileen

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - May 21 2005 :  10:05:19 AM  Show Profile
I will add my welcome to you too Kathy,
You sound like you have a wonderful situation.Children, Horses, free grazing, chickens and a garden. What more could a country farm girl want?
Glad you have joined.
Eileen

songbird; singing joy to the earth
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - May 21 2005 :  12:11:54 PM  Show Profile
WElcome, Kathy! We love to hear about everyone who has a "real" farm, because so many of us here live like country but not in the country. I live in a small city, but have a wooded lot and a garden. And I try to keep simple ways. It will be fun getting to know you!

jpbluesky

O, cease to heed the glamour that blinds your foolish eyes,
Look upward to the glitter of stars in God's clear skies.

from God's Garden by Robert Frost
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Newbie Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page