jo Thompson
True Blue Farmgirl

603 Posts

Jo
the mountainside of the Chugach in Alaska
USA
603 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2006 :  8:55:16 PM  Show Profile
Kay, send me an email with your address, I'd like to order a few items and would like to send a check direct to you...... jo love the little snow creations, very sweet....

"friends don't let friends eat farmed salmon"
http://homepage.mac.com/thomja/Anchorage/PhotoAlbum15.html
Go to Top of Page

lambgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

93 Posts

Heidi
Ellensburg wa
USA
93 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2006 :  9:08:47 PM  Show Profile
Kay,

Something along those lines recently just happened to me. I had been working for a company for three years and things were going great. I had a sudden illness where I was unable to work for a week and when I came back my boss had shfted my work load away from me and tried to hide it. Half of my salary was commission so I pulled her aside and she just told me to deal with it. At the time I didn't feel there was much I could do since I have to work. I prayed about it and truly left it in God's hands. About two weeks later I received a phone call from another business owner that I knew, she asked me what it would take for me to leave my job and come work for her. Little did she know what was happening at my current job, I told her yes on the spot gave my two weeks notice and have loved every minute at my new job.

I hope Kay that the same will happen with you and you will have another door open. It is devastating to have people undermine your self esteem. Later I found out the reason she was giving my work to a coworker was to save money since she was on a lower pay scale. But at the time I felt deeply hurt, I would have done anything for my boss had she asked and to have her cut my pay knowing how much my family depended on my income was awful. So please hang in there and I will add you to my prayer list.

Thinking of you Dear Farmgirl Friend
You are not alone.

Heidi
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2006 :  9:11:09 PM  Show Profile
Thank you all again for your kind words of advice. After having most of the day to think about this - and hearing comments from others - I feel that my boss was just having trouble letting go of her work. I don't that anyone will work especially well in that position because she won't let them -- they'll never do it like she has done. I've done accounting for lots of years and can honestly say that I've never seen a chart of accounts that was set up as difficult as the one she did! No one can learn an accounting job in 11 days.

I got some training from her when she would sit down with me. But she told me things one time and then expected me to know it. I think I did pretty darn well because I had the accounting program down pretty good. I am probably better off but it will take a few more days for that to sink in. In the meantime I'm going to enjoy going to my sewing room to create! That is my therapy.

I am feeling better about the whole thing tonight and you have all been such a help to me today. Thank you so much for being the kind, dear, and loving friends that you are. I don't know what I do if I didn't have you!

The Rustic Cottage Etsy Shop http://therusticcottage.etsy.com

Visit my blog! http://nwfarmerette.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2006 :  9:41:40 PM  Show Profile
Oh Kay...don't know how I missed this post earlier today...I wish I were there to hang out with you. You don't deserve this!! You are so smart to stay home for a time and pray for direction. I just know there are great things in store for you!!! I will sure keep you in my prayers!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

doglady
True Blue Farmgirl

435 Posts

Tina
Howard Ohio
USA
435 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2006 :  06:11:48 AM  Show Profile
Hi Kay,

I hope you are doing much better today. I didn't realize that you had been doing accounting for quite some time when I posted earlier. You probably freaked her (your boss) out because you did know how it was supposed to be done and was learning the program pretty fast. I really would'nt worry about it much. It just really made me mad that an accounting department would treat someone like this. Hang in there and I'm sure that the right door will open for you.

Tina

The dogs own the house but the people pay the mortgage!
www.kennelcreations.com

Edited by - doglady on Dec 05 2006 06:13:23 AM
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2006 :  06:20:47 AM  Show Profile
big hugs for you sweet friend. this is just a little 'bump' in the road we call life. feels like a big one now i'm sure .. but .. as you travel on .. keep your head high and a smile on your face .. and your mind clear and your eyes open .. and know that "this, too, shall pass". and something grander truly is around the corner for you gurlfren!

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2006 :  11:42:43 AM  Show Profile
Hi Kay,

So sorry to hear about this. We all love you and I know that something better is coming your way.

Debbie

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

CountryGirl85
True Blue Farmgirl

225 Posts

Laura
Oswego IL
USA
225 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2006 :  12:01:57 PM  Show Profile  Send CountryGirl85 an AOL message  Send CountryGirl85 a Yahoo! Message
Hey there Kay,
I'm so sorry to hear about this! The lady I babysit for just called me this morning to tell me she would have to lay me off. She's expecting, due in February, and her doctor said she can't work anymore. She told me she won't need me for four or five months and understands if I can't resume at that time. I was expecting this, not quite so soon, but knew it would happen. I was grateful that she told me the news in a kind a courteous manner, and I could hear the concern for me in her voice. Unfortunately, I had a boss in the past who let me go in quite an opposite way. I was doing a farming internship and let my boss know shortly after I was hired that I had previous commitments to a choir I was involved in that would require me to leave early a few days. He was ok with it. After a few weeks, I was enjoying the work, but not enjoying the way things were carried out. We were always rushed and every time I made a mistake, my boss made me feel stupid. We were so rushed that after a few weeks, we were told that we were far ahead of schedule and could take some time off if we wanted to. So I emailed over the weekend saying I wouldn't be able to make it on Monday, the day of one of my choir performances, which I now realize was a big mistake. Since we usually communicated through email, I didn't think twice about notifying him this way. I received a not-so-nice email back stating that I obviously didn't care about my employment there and to not bother coming back. I replied with a courteous email wishing him and the farm much luck in the future and my apologies that it had to end that way. I was very upset, but realized it was for the better. I do believe that everything happens for a reason. Experiences like this are a part of life and only make us stronger. They give us a clearer insight into who we are and who we want to become. You didn't deserve to be treated that way and by no means have you let your family down. I'm sure they are very proud of you and want the best for you, just as all us farmgirls do. Keep praying and you will find your way, and I intend to do the same.
Love and hugs to you,
Laura

http://thecraftycatgirl.blogspot.com
"In spite of everything, I still believe that people are really good at heart." Anne Frank
Go to Top of Page

Txfarmgal
True Blue Farmgirl

585 Posts

AK

USA
585 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2006 :  12:14:12 PM  Show Profile
Kay!! ((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))) I am so sorry this happened!! I am feeling the same as Missy is however that he provides jobs but then leads you back home. I can tell you as you know we are in the same situation! God is just contiually telling me to work with my hands and to encourage and lift other up. I will be praying for your family and the situation. I hope you are doing better today! I have some cherry sours for your pity party if you want me to share, I would be happy to. hugs

Angi~wife, momma, 4H leader & Txfarmgal -Be Joyful Always 1 Thes. 5:18
http://www.etsy.com/your_shop.php MommaNMe Country store
Go to Top of Page

celebrate2727
True Blue Farmgirl

989 Posts

Beth
MJF Farmgirl
989 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2006 :  1:21:30 PM  Show Profile  Send celebrate2727 a Yahoo! Message
Kay just ordered the stockings- they look so beautiful! They wll be a perfect match for my pillow. Let me know when you get anything more like that in!!!!!

blessings
beth

Dreaming of Friday Night Lights

http://blissnblossomfarm.etsy.com
http://bethsblissnblossomfarm.blogspot.com

www.blissnblossomfarm.com
Go to Top of Page

Nance in France
True Blue Farmgirl

1438 Posts

Nancy
St. Laurent de la Salanque
France
1438 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2006 :  1:41:26 PM  Show Profile
Kay, hugs to you. Everybody who has ever stepped into a new job has a learning curve to go through. If your boss has such a hair-trigger mentality, it must be a blessing in disguise that you had to endure it for only a short while. You will be happier, and so much more appreciated, somewhere else. You will find it soon enough. Good idea to take the rest of the month to reflect on your blessings and enjoy the holiday. Nance
Go to Top of Page

Phils Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

1095 Posts

Ann
Parsonsburg Maryland
USA
1095 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2006 :  06:18:25 AM  Show Profile
Kay, I just saw this post--sorry to reply so late! I'm praying for you... to have total peace soon and for your financial needs to be met. Your boss sounds like someone to avoid! You know the Genesis story of Joseph and his brothers... who meant it for harm, but God meant it for good to send him to Egypt. The Lord has you in His hands, too.

Meanwhile, I've been shopping at your etsy site and look forward to my goodies. I hope you get to stay at home and keep on creating.

Hugs,
Ann

There is a Redeemer.
Go to Top of Page

bohemiangel
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Bridget
Ligonier pa
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2006 :  4:33:06 PM  Show Profile  Send bohemiangel an AOL message  Click to see bohemiangel's MSN Messenger address  Send bohemiangel a Yahoo! Message
Aw honey! I have a very similar situation with being on a job 3 weeks and trained 1 day! I was told I could have a lower position..the guy was a donkey;) Many prayers and hugs and sometimes things are a blessing in disguise. I was also let go from another place (don't I sound like a loser) for being accused of stuff like people saying mean things. But I'm so glad I left those places. I know that it isnt easy! Read some Dale Carnegie and remember how many people "failed" or were unsuccessful and then boom they really were great its the other idiots out there!!!!!!!! (I'm re-reading his stuff again) HUGS!!!!!! with kisses

"... to thine ownself be true."
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic I Got Fired Today Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page