Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Prayers and praise :)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Prayers and praise :) Next Topic  

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2015 :  06:39:57 AM  Show Profile
Let me start with the praise... our house is officially sold!!!!!!!!!! What a huge weight off our shoulders!

As for prayers... I am not even sure where to start... Emi is 10.5 weeks old, yet is still less that 8 pounds. She is being closely monitored for weight gain. To top it off, she is now sick - running a fever and not holding down her feedings.

And then there is me. Perhaps it is always like this after a new baby is born and i just do not remember, but y'all I am overwhelmed with life right now! I am desperately trying to keep up with everything! Part of the issue is i am extremely anemic :/

Hubby has a procedure Tuesday to put in a trial spinal cord stimulator. If it goes well, he will have it implanted in December. In January he has to go to Texas to fight to stay in the military for his last year!

Thank you ladies!!!

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/

Edited by - hudsonsinaf on Nov 08 2015 06:41:59 AM

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6914 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6914 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2015 :  07:29:25 AM  Show Profile
Shannon my prayer is with you and your family. May He heal Emi, comfort and show you what to do to take care of yourself, and bless your husband with healing and to stay in military.

Sara~~~ FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015
Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth.

Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2015 :  6:43:35 PM  Show Profile
Oh Shannon I pray for God to heal all of you and help Emi gain some weight. Please see a doctor and get some help with the anemia. I have that off and on and it's hard to deal with. Take a deep breath and let God help you relax. You are really too stressed right now. But who wouldn't be with all on your plate. Do only the bare essentials. This too shall pass.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7582 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7582 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2015 :  6:51:17 PM  Show Profile
Oh Shannon, my prayers go out to you and all your family, I pray for little Emi that they find out the reason that she isnt gaining and will correct that. My prayers go out for you to have your self be able to wind down and feel better. My prayers go out for your husband's procedure and that it goes well and safe and that God will be there to Guide the doctors hands. and be able to get the military to let him stay in for his last year.

Congratulation's on selling your house and getting away from that horrible neighbor.
Take care ok

Blessings
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13617 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13617 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2015 :  7:17:32 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Shannon,
Praising God for the sale of your house!
Praying for all the stresses and health issues for your family! My goodness, you've had struggles!
PRAYING!!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2015 :  04:38:46 AM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
Shannon, praying that God heals you and your precious little baby. God Bless!

Julie
Farmgirl #399
May 2010 Farmgirl of the Month

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog ... Charles F. Doran
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6592 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6592 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2015 :  05:40:15 AM  Show Profile
Shannon, sending you prayers for healing for all of your family! It is wonderful news to hear that your house sold and that burden has been lifted. I hope you can find some help with your own health soon as you have so much on your plate at the moment and everyone is depending on you. Sending extra hugs today!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9323 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9323 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2015 :  07:35:16 AM  Show Profile
Shannon, Keeping you and Emi in prayer that God would strengthen you both and the fever would break for her so she will eat and gain weight. Prayers also for the procedure your honey is going through. Wisdom for the doctors and quick healing for him, also that things will go favorably for him to stay in for his last year of service.

~Denise~
Farmgirl Sister #43

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
http://www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2015 :  08:44:45 AM  Show Profile
Shannon, I am sending prayers up to heal your family and keep you all strong.

Also, I will send prayers of thanks up for the sale of your house!
Yay! One point of stress removed.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2015 :  10:48:58 AM  Show Profile
Thank you ladies! Brad's procedure seemed to go pretty well, though he is quite uncomfortable. For the next week, he cannot shower, bend, lift more than five pounds, or reach/extend. If it goes well, he will have it implanted next month. Basically, it is the same idea as a pacemaker as far as the size... and will be implanted in his hip, with leads going up his spine. It helps block pain, which in turn will hopefully get him off the medications he is on - including an opioid patch and narcotics, therefore saving his organs! He is only in his mid/late 30s (37), so being on so many meds already is really causing havoc on his body!

We are still fighting this stomach virus and trying to get Emi's weight up. We were suppose to take Emi back for a weight check this month, but the dear government messed up our health insurance, so we are not going to be able to take her until December :/ So frustrating!!! But that is how it goes sometimes!

As for my health, I started taking liver pills and actually have more energy :) I know when the doctor called to tell me I was anemic, she was worried, but I guess in the cloudiness of y mind, it didn't click of what extent the anemia was having!

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2015 :  1:26:14 PM  Show Profile
Shannon, all will be in my prayers. Keep us posted.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Song Sparrow
True Blue Farmgirl

1010 Posts

Amy
Talleyville Delaware
USA
1010 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2015 :  05:37:33 AM  Show Profile
Dear Shannon, you know I pray for you and your family every day. I'm very, very happy that your house has sold, I'm sure that will reduce your stress level. You are carrying a lot on your little shoulders right now. It's no wonder you feel overwhelmed. Just try to focus on one thing at a time, you will get through this difficult time. Meanwhile, I'll keep those prayers coming!

Happy Day!
Peace in our hearts, peace in the world
Amy (Sister#6098) www.danaherandcloud.com

Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2015 :  06:03:29 AM  Show Profile
Shannon, that's great news. You certainly have been on a journey for some time. While you have felt overwhelmed at times, your faith has never strayed. I pray that the Blessings keep flowing.

Catherine
Sister #76 (2005)
One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt.

Go to Top of Page

DandeeRose
True Blue Farmgirl

1509 Posts

Alicia
Charlestown, IN
1509 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2015 :  06:49:35 AM  Show Profile  Send DandeeRose a Yahoo! Message
<3 <3 <3 How is Emi? Brad still doing ok? You know I am praying for you!!! You didn't mention anemia to me yesterday. I sure hope you are getting rounded out now!!!

Many Blessings- Alicia #5232
http://themostlycrunchyfarmgirl.wordpress.com

https://www.etsy.com/shop/DandeeRose Farmgirl Accessories and more!
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Go to Top of Page
  Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Prayers and praise :) Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page