Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Back surgery gone wrong
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Back surgery gone wrong Next Topic  

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2015 :  5:27:52 PM  Show Profile
My step-sister, Dianne, went in for outpatient back surgery last week. What was supposed to be an 'easy' one day procedure has turned into a nightmare.

The after procedure x-ray/mri showed a problem and they had to rush her back in for emergency surgery. She is now paralyzed from the waist down and the prognosis is pretty gloomy...she will probably not walk again or ever regain movement.

I have offered for her to move in with me when she's finally released. But, she needs to stay in her state to continue her medical benefits. Lots of decisions need to be made.

I know all y'all farmgirls have been through a lot in your own lives and can have empathy. Y'all's faith is strong and I appreciate any prayers.

**MIRACULOUS UPDATE** Nov 12

My sister is feeling tingling and pain in her feet!! The doctors cannot believe it. While the pain is uncomfortable, it certainly is a sign that perhaps her nerves are regenerating.

This is incredible. Thank you all for your prayers. I will keep you updated.

Catherine
Sister #76 (2005)
One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt.

Edited by - cajungal on Nov 12 2015 07:16:42 AM

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2015 :  6:16:19 PM  Show Profile
Oh Catherine, how awful. She certainly is in my prayers. Keep us posted.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2015 :  6:23:34 PM  Show Profile
Oh my goodness, Catherine! Your poor step-sister! Horrific! You are such a good sister, though! A true farmgirl at heart - through and through! God bless you! I will definitely pray for Dianne - and for you! Just remember: everything done out of love is like a healing salve to the heart. Whatever circumstances she may face, she WILL overcome, maybe not as expected, but in amazing ways that she could never have imagined. And YOU will, too! She WILL have a rich, full life. You both will! And she will be able to do all of this because of your love for her, of your support for her, of your encouragement and of your strength in her times of weakness. You are making God smile, Catherine. It is NOT going to be easy by any stretch, but God will bless you every step of the way because of the love in your precious heart! Please remember we are here for you - to pray, to uplift, to listen, to lean a shoulder to cry on, to celebrate with you, and to laugh like crazy with you. And more than that, GOD HIMSELF is there for you ALWAYS! You BOTH will be in my prayers. Again and again and again - God bless you! Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

www.papercraftingwithnini.ctmh.com

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7583 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7583 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2015 :  7:42:23 PM  Show Profile
Catherine, How horrible for your step-sister, what a shock, She is in my prayers and for healing because God can heal what ever happened and make it normal again. Also there are procedures now that have people who have been paralyzed and are walking now. It is all possible with God.

Take care of yourself as well.

Blessings.

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2015 :  01:54:04 AM  Show Profile
What a scary tragedy! Praying for her as she works to overcome the grief, the anger, the loss. Praying for healing of both mind and body. Praying for strength... Both emotionally and physically, knowing that Godcan heal what doctors say cannot be healed! Praying for decisions that are forth coming. Praying for family and friends as they search for ways to help!

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6914 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6914 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2015 :  02:38:10 AM  Show Profile
Catherine, may the Lord heal and bless your sister. May he comfort and keep you.

Sara~~~ FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015
Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth.

Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2015 :  05:32:02 AM  Show Profile
Sending healing prayers. Hope the outcome gets better as time goes on.

Jan
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

sherone_13
True Blue Farmgirl

2460 Posts

Sherone
Evanston WY
USA
2460 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2015 :  08:30:24 AM  Show Profile
May the Good Lord surround your sister with His healing love and comfort. I know He will give you strength as she heals and I am praying for a miracle for her.

Sherone

Farmgirl Sister #1682

My Blog

www.annapearlsattic.blogspot.com

My Etsy

www.etsy.com/shop/annapearlsattic

My Avon

www.youravon.com/sheronetaylor

Women are angels. When someone breaks our wings, we just jump on our broomsticks and fly! We are flexible that way!
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2015 :  10:39:56 AM  Show Profile
Catherine, I will be praying for your step sister. Hugs.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2015 :  11:31:53 AM  Show Profile
Thank you girls!! Y'all are so generous to take the time pray and comment. I'm in agreement for healing. God is definitely all powerful.

Here's what happened...
My step-sister had compressed vertebrae/disks that had been causing pain for some time and she finally decided to go in for surgery. She went in for a 'kyphoplasty'.

In layman's terms, the doc goes in with a scope and uses a type of balloon to open up the space between the disks. He then 'shoots' into that space a liquid that hardens into cement. It's a fairly common outpatient surgery.

The post op xray/mri alarmed the docs, they rushed her back into surgery. Upon recovering she's told that the xray/mri showed that the liquid did not stay in the space but rather went into her spinal cord and had hardened in her spine. The second surgery was to scrape out the cement from her spine. It is speculated that while the scraping did damage, the presence of the cement in her spine had already done nerve damage before they went in to scrape.

ick, just saying and typing 'scrape' gives me the heebie jeebies.

Catherine
Sister #76 (2005)
One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt.

Edited by - cajungal on Nov 04 2015 11:32:44 AM
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

3075 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
3075 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2015 :  1:25:01 PM  Show Profile
Oh my! What a terrible thing to have happen. I agree Catherine, "scrape" gives me the heebie jeebies too! Praying for you and your sister.

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

Song Sparrow
True Blue Farmgirl

1010 Posts

Amy
Talleyville Delaware
USA
1010 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2015 :  05:40:46 AM  Show Profile
Oh dear, Catherine, I'm so sorry to hear this. I will pray for your family!

Happy Day!
Peace in our hearts, peace in the world
Amy (Sister#6098) www.danaherandcloud.com

Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2015 :  06:00:54 AM  Show Profile
**MIRACULOUS UPDATE**

My sister is feeling tingling and pain in her feet!! The doctors cannot believe it. While the pain is uncomfortable, it certainly is a sign that perhaps her nerves are regenerating.

This is incredible. Thank you all for your prayers. I will keep you updated.

Catherine
Sister #76 (2005)

Go to Top of Page

DandeeRose
True Blue Farmgirl

1509 Posts

Alicia
Charlestown, IN
1509 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2015 :  06:50:37 AM  Show Profile  Send DandeeRose a Yahoo! Message
Yikes!!! Prayers for further recovery. How scary!?

Many Blessings- Alicia #5232
http://themostlycrunchyfarmgirl.wordpress.com

https://www.etsy.com/shop/DandeeRose Farmgirl Accessories and more!
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7583 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7583 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2015 :  1:01:03 PM  Show Profile
God is so good, prayers continue for your sister!

Blessings

darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2015 :  5:02:47 PM  Show Profile
YES!!! That is such GREAT news, Catherine! I'm going to keep praying for her miracle! God is just so good!!! SOOO happy for her! Give her a big hug and a "hi five" for me - I'll be celebrating every little success with all of you in my heart!! Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

www.papercraftingwithnini.ctmh.com

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page
  Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Back surgery gone wrong Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page