Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Vintage sewing machine question
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Vintage sewing machine question Next Topic  

bluebellequilts
True Blue Farmgirl

72 Posts

Teresa
Georgia
USA
72 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2015 :  7:32:48 PM  Show Profile
I picked up a Royal Deluxe straight stitch machine at the thrift store for $8.00 last week. It is a Class 15 clone machine with a mod body style and side load bobbin. After tinkering with it for a couple of hours, it now sews a beautiful stitch.
It came with what looks to be a horizontal spool pin holder. Does anyone know how it is supposed to be mounted? No manual came with it. Found a generic one online, but nothing specific to this type of accessory. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Teresa

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7484 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7484 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2015 :  7:49:33 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Can you pls send me a picture? I have 21 sewing machines, but not a Royal Deluxe.
Could that possibly be the spool pin that goes on the front of the machine to hold the spool when winding the bobbin? Like in this picture?

And here is a link to some more pictures:
http://www.singeroriginalvintageproducts.com/Pages/PRECISIONSEWINGMACHINEROYALDELUXEINDUSTRIALSTRENGTHFORSALE.aspx

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."

Edited by - quiltee on Nov 07 2015 7:50:46 PM
Go to Top of Page

bluebellequilts
True Blue Farmgirl

72 Posts

Teresa
Georgia
USA
72 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2015 :  08:29:00 AM  Show Profile

Thank you for any knowledge you can share. I think I will need it because only skinny spools sit flush. The larger spools rest on the metal lip.

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole." - Roger Caras
Farmgirl #1357
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7484 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7484 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2015 :  09:18:56 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
It looks like you found how to mount the horizontal spool spindle. And it looks like there is a flange that keeps the spool on the spindle? Looks like you figured it out. I've never seen the machine you got. I think $8.00 is a great price, especially since it works.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

bluebellequilts
True Blue Farmgirl

72 Posts

Teresa
Georgia
USA
72 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2015 :  09:29:33 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for confirming that I may have figured it out. The only picture I could find before I posted my question showed an old Singer with something similar mounted near the motor. That didn't seem right for this machine. Fortunately, someone had a picture of a horizontal spool pin mount for a vintage Pfaff 130. That really helped.

This picture shows it sitting in a temporary case with our homemade version of a block terminal to plug in the motor and light. I plan to rehab the case that came with it. The wood case is MUCH quieter.

Made a pillow using it last night. Can't wait to see if some of my vintage Singer attachments for my Featherweight and 99K work with this one, too.

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole." - Roger Caras
Farmgirl #1357
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7484 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7484 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2015 :  09:36:50 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
I can't tell for sure, but there are straight needle and slant needle machines. And the shaft lengths might be different. If they are both the same, the attachments MIGHT fit. Just manually stitch first.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Go to Top of Page

Denise Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

831 Posts

Denise
Shoreview MN
USA
831 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2015 :  04:47:10 AM  Show Profile
Teresa,
That is a cool vintage machine!.

Denise Ann
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Vintage sewing machine question Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page