Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 How Heavy Should Flour Sack Towels Be?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic How Heavy Should Flour Sack Towels Be? Next Topic  

doglady
True Blue Farmgirl

435 Posts

Tina
Howard Ohio
USA
435 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2006 :  3:24:32 PM  Show Profile
I just purchased about 10 flour sack towels from the American Chair Company and these are about a medium weight Is that the normal weight for this type of kitchen towels? I want to embroider on them but want them to be useful too. I called Lehman's Hardware and asked about their towels and was told that they were lightweight and you could embroidered on them too. I guess I was expecting a heavier weight, like linen. Any comments on this

Tina

The dogs own the house but the people pay the mortgage!
www.kennelcreations.com

Carolinagirl
True Blue Farmgirl

486 Posts

Kim
Rutherfordton NC
USA
486 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2006 :  6:26:08 PM  Show Profile
That's kind of what I thought about the ones I bought recently too. I had it in my head that floursack were of a much heavier cloth- I guess that most things we buy in the store are terrycloth like now. I'm going to go ahead and embroider mine though. The odd shape (huge and squarish) has thrown my designs off.

Kim in NC
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2006 :  6:31:15 PM  Show Profile
There are alot of different weights..the ones I usually get are a little heavier and about $2.00 each. I never find them much cheaper in the heavier weight. They ARE big too. But...I like that myself. I have ended up with really lightweight ones too, and they work fine but the heavier stay nicer.

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

doglady
True Blue Farmgirl

435 Posts

Tina
Howard Ohio
USA
435 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2006 :  6:55:57 PM  Show Profile
Jenny,

Do you know where I can order the heavier weight towels either on line or by phone? I'll probably go ahead and embroider a couple of these for Christmas and then figure out what to do with the rest.

Tina

The dogs own the house but the people pay the mortgage!
www.kennelcreations.com
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2006 :  9:34:46 PM  Show Profile
I don't. Sorry. I get mine at the local Ace hardware. I havn't found the heavier ones at a price that is lower when I include shipping. I hope someone else has the answer...I use alot of them.

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic How Heavy Should Flour Sack Towels Be? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page