Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Ohmygosh... Please pray for my friend... Gone Home
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Ohmygosh... Please pray for my friend... Gone Home Next Topic
Page: of 2

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2015 :  4:47:56 PM  Show Profile
Thank you, Heather & Shannon... I really, really appreciate you both!

BIG hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

www.papercraftingwithnini.ctmh.com

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2015 :  5:15:51 PM  Show Profile
Nino, so sorry to hear she has had such a hard time. My prayers are with all of you. God bless.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7583 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7583 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2015 :  7:18:47 PM  Show Profile
Oh Nini,
I haven't been here in awhile, I pray that Karen's pain eases and that God is giving her comfort and that her and her husband can enjoy each other more as they see she is going to Heaven and knowing that he too will be with her someday as well when he gets there.
You take care too Nini.

Blessings

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2015 :  8:36:07 PM  Show Profile
Thank you so much, Bonnie and Darlene. I was so happy to be able to visit with her today, and found her doing pretty darned good considering the circumstances. She is afraid because of the changes she is seeing in herself (for example, not being able to find the right words really frightens her), and she's not happy about her bed being in the middle of the living room, but when we started talking about different subjects, she perked right up and dove right in! We even had her laughing. SUCH a blessing!

Please do keep up the prayers girls... I do believe in the healing power of God, if it is His Will... I'm praying that our prayers will move His heart to a miracle. But whatever comes, whatever happens, at least we can all find peace in the Lord and hope for a wonderful future beyond this realm! I am just so happy to be able to say that we had a really great visit with our beloved friend, despite the circumstance! Praise the Lord!!!

Hugs and love -

Ninin

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2015 :  9:16:12 PM  Show Profile
Nini... I haven't been on my computer these past few days,,, so I am just getting caught back up.
Continued prayers for Karen and her family... and for you...
<><

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2015 :  04:06:10 AM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
I will continue to send prayers for Karen. Nini, I thank you for being a friend to Karen in her time of need. God Bless!!

Julie
Farmgirl #399
May 2010 Farmgirl of the Month

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog ... Charles F. Doran
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2015 :  08:51:44 AM  Show Profile
Nini, continued prayers for Karen and her family and for you. Bless her heart. God gave her a gift to be able to still find something to smile about and laugh.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2015 :  12:16:40 PM  Show Profile
Hi Girls -

Thank you all so much for your continued prayers... I am so ashamed, but I haven't had an opportunity to go see Karen since our visit because my husband has had so many appointments and insurance issues for me to deal with. I have been praying for her, but I haven't even had time to pick up the phone at a reasonable hour. I feel just terrible about this. I heard from her husband this afternoon. Karen is now failing. She sleeps most of the day and night, but, thankfully, she does not seem to be in any pain. He said she is not eating any longer at all, not even a couple of bites of Jello; but she still does drink a bit, and her kidneys seem to be functioning. He said she can hear but cannot respond, and that this is the hardest thing to watch. He is just heartbroken and feels so helpless. Thankfully, hospice has been absolutely wonderful; a godsend. I am going to go over and sit with her for a little while on Friday evening while he is at an appointment. I'd like to read to her for a little while and maybe pray for her. She is such a special soul, I just hope something I can say or do while I'm with her will bring her some peace - that she will know how much she is loved. Please continue to pray for her and Rene and their family. My heart just breaks for them. I am just so grateful, though, that he seems to feel she is just sleeping more than suffering. In her dreams, I hope she's having happy, heart-warming talks and lovely, lingering walks in a beautiful, Heavenly rose garden with our Lord and Savior, whom she loves so dearly!

God bless you, girls.

Love and hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7583 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7583 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2015 :  12:27:04 PM  Show Profile
My prayers are going up for her Nini, and for you and your family too.

Blessings
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2015 :  12:58:54 PM  Show Profile
Oh sweet Nini! As tears course down my face, I lift my heart, hands, and prayers to our Heavenly Father, the Great Physician, and Comforter! You have so much on your own plate, yet your heart is grieved for this sweet lady whom you love - God hears your prayers sister! Karen and her hubby know you love them - and that you are praying for them! Please do not beat yourself up about that! i am certain your visit on Friday will mean a ton to them both! And I pray it might be a time of peace and comfort to you as well, with all you are struggling through. Praying for all of you friend!!!

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6592 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6592 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2015 :  1:47:28 PM  Show Profile
Sending prayers for your friend Karen and her family. Take care of yourself too, Nini as I know this is so hard on top of having a husband that has medical issues too.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13618 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13618 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2015 :  5:15:49 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Nini,
God knows your heart! He also has His loving arms wrapped around your friend and her hubby . . . and you! Your priority is YOUR family and God knows that as well! Rest in His grace, strength, love and comfort!
I'm praying for your friend and her hubby and family . . . and for you and your family!
HUGS TO YOU!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2015 :  03:57:33 AM  Show Profile
Mini, you, your husband and Karen and her family are in my prayers. May the peace of God comfort all.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2015 :  10:35:14 AM  Show Profile
Hi Girls -

In His Amazing Love and Mercy, Our Lord welcomed Karen Home into His Arms this morning. She passed very peacefully, with her husband by her side, and a statue of our Blessed Mother held close to her heart in her arms. I cannot begin to thank you all for your prayers for my dear friend. I know that they brought great strength and comfort to her and her husband and their family over these past few years. She is so very loved, so very dear, and still so very close in our hearts. Lord, I thank You for having blessed us with such a wonderful soul - please bless her and keep her close to Your Heart in Eternity!

Rene said he knows she is in Heaven now, and happy and so healthy. He is absolutely broken up right now, and reflected on how strong she was and how much she suffered; yet she suffered with hardly any complaint, only worrying about her family and their salvation. In our last conversation, she just wanted to know she had done enough. She had worried about the times where she felt she hadn't lived up to what she should have done to bring her family more closely into The Fold. Oh, but I smile, with full confidence in my heart that the Lord joyfully and lovingly greeted her this morning. I know that I know that I know that she heard those ever longed for words, "Well done, my good and faithful servant!"

Karen was just such a remarkable woman, with such incredible faith, and a prayer life that I can only hope to attain one day. Her family are all saved, but one...and that upset her tremendously (so please pray for her son). She just wanted to know that they would all be ever safe under the Shadow of His Wing, and that one day they would all be together again. I reminded her of how wonderful and of what a blessing she has been to her family, and that her love for them will transcend any time, space and darkness. I told her that I know with all my heart, that her faith-filled prayers will not go unrewarded, that they will not return void, just as His Word promises. I reminded her that God loves her so much, and what a wonderful example she has set for all of us, not only in word but also - and primarily - in deed, in how she lived her life and her faith. THAT will be what brings her family home to Him! And God's love for her AND for them will assuredly gently guide them and hold them closely to His Heart. :)

I miss my friend already. I can't even begin to tell you. I am going to miss her voice, her laugh, her smile; I am going to miss our talks and I am going to miss her love. But all those things will never really leave me because she is still right here in my heart - not even death can take her away from me. It's only a veil that separates us now. She is on the other side, reveling in the Life that was always meant for us, and in the Light of His Love. What more can we ask for those that we love? She is forever young, healthy, happy, whole, and absolutely dazzling... and she is experiencing everything of which here she could only enjoy an occasional glimpse. I am very, very happy for her, and so relieved that her suffering has come to an end.

Now our hearts are turned toward her husband and family, for although one type of suffering has ended, the most profound suffering is only beginning. I just wish so badly that I could make this all better. As we all know, there are just no words to take away the pain of such an incredible loss; but our prayers and love, and perhaps even just our quiet presence, make the most healing balm. Please continue to pray for them.

God bless you, sisters. Please know I am praying for all of you, as well, and I am always here if YOU need me!

Much love,

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2015 :  10:40:48 AM  Show Profile
Many many hugs, prayers and love being lifted for you, your family, and Karen's family. I praise God she is not suffering any longer, and pray for those left behind!

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2015 :  2:28:18 PM  Show Profile
Nini, my prayers to you and your friends husband. How sad. God Bless
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13618 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13618 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2015 :  5:15:37 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Thanks for letting us know Nini! Yes, the grieving is sooooo painful! I will be praying for her family . . . and for you!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7583 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7583 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2015 :  7:45:40 PM  Show Profile
Take care Nini, God is with you as well carrying you in his arms of comfort and is with her husband in his time of sorrow. I will continue praying for him and his family and for you too.
Blessings and hugs

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2015 :  8:38:56 PM  Show Profile
Yes, take care of yourself Nini. You have been a wonderful friend to her to bring her to us so we could pray for her...and for you. I will continue to pray and think of her husband and family.

It finally hit me one day when I heard a song...some of the words were "When you think you have nothing left, you still have a prayer". That line has given me such comfort since. I often think of that when I grieve with people who are grieving.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Ohmygosh... Please pray for my friend... Gone Home Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page