Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 **Welcome Wagon
 I've just become a new Farmgirl 6701
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic I've just become a new Farmgirl 6701 Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

81 Posts

Kathleen
Custer SD
81 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2015 :  08:28:10 AM  Show Profile
While reading my Maryjane magazine, I saw the page that taught me how to be apart of a very amazing group of Farm Girls. I am so proud I have finally received my necklace and bought all 5 books. I took a couple of them camping. While my husband was 4-wheeling I stayed and read, MARYJANE'S IDEABOOK-COOKBOOK-LIFEBOOK. I too couldn't put it down once I started reading. I'm learning so much. I live on 9.44 acres of land in the beautiful hills of South Dakota. I have raised many chickens, and boy are their eggs yummy. We rescued 4 small dogs and have 2 Golden Retrievers. We also have 6 cats and 6 fish. We still have chickens too!

Now I have news for you (or a story). My 76 year old neighbor was taking an old ringer washer to the city dump, while he passed by I asked what he was doing with it? He told me. So I asked if I could have it. I have it and the ringer is not with it, just the tub on 4 legs. I put it in my back yard and now use it to wash all my veggies before taking them into the house. Awesome!!

Bye for now, Running waters

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16367 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16367 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2015 :  08:32:41 AM  Show Profile
Welcome WELCOME Kathleen!!!!! In the next issue of my magazine (Dec/Jan) coming out soon, I too turned my old wringer washer into a sink in my kitchen with hot/cold running water and a garbage disposal.

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6912 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6912 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2015 :  08:43:14 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Kathleen, so glad you found us. I'm looking forward to learning more about your little adventures on your farm.

You and MaryJane using old wringer washers as sinks just goes to show FarmGirls think alike. I've already started looking for my MJF mag now I want to see it even more.

Sara~~~ FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015
Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

81 Posts

Kathleen
Custer SD
81 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2015 :  08:45:19 AM  Show Profile
AWESOME!! That gives me another idea for my old time kitchen. My husband has worked for the Post Office for 32 years, and is so ready to retire. He won't be able to retire until we sell our home and land. So when we finally move I will use that washer in my old time kitchen. Unless I find the old time sink.
Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2015 :  09:50:07 AM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
A Big Welcome from the state of Wisconsin!! WOW! Farmgirl 6701 .... The Farmgirl Connection (family) is sure growing fast!! I can't wait to get to know you and hear about your adventures on your homestead!

Julie
Farmgirl #399
May 2010 Farmgirl of the Month

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2015 :  10:19:46 AM  Show Profile
Welcome, Kathleen! What a great find you got! Glad you are here; I'm looking forward to seeing more of your posts.

Farmgirl Hugs,
Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Chapter Leader, Connecticut Simpler Life Sisters
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2013

Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/

www.facebook.com/suburbanfarmgirlblogger
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

81 Posts

Kathleen
Custer SD
81 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2015 :  10:23:30 AM  Show Profile
I am looking forward to sharing stories with all of my new sisters. Having fun! Sisterhood #6701, Running waters
Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2015 :  10:27:21 AM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
By the way, I love your screen name. You will have to share how you came up with it here ... http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/snitz/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=28677

Julie
Farmgirl #399
May 2010 Farmgirl of the Month

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2015 :  10:40:36 AM  Show Profile
Welcome to the Farm :) Thrilled to have you join us! I LOVE your area!!!! You mentioned moving after hubby retires... where were you looking? We are hoping to move to Crook County WY in about a year :)

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6592 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6592 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2015 :  3:42:46 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Kathleen from way down here in Florida! So glad to hear from you and all of your projects. MaryJanes Idea book was a huge game changer for me too. I think I have read it from cover to cover about 5 times!! LOL!! There are so many great ideas in the book as well all of the others . If you need an idea or want a pattern, MaryJane has it in one of her books! Keep us posted on what happens next out your way in SD!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

TexasWildflower
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Wanda
Hallettsville Texas
USA
206 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2015 :  4:33:43 PM  Show Profile
Hi, Kathleen! A big welcome from down in Texas. I love your screen name...so peaceful. Looking forward to hearing more about your exciting life.

Wanda
Farmgirl sister #3399
www.wandasturrock.com
'The Simply Lived Life' blog http://www.wandasturrock.com/website/blog/
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2015 :  6:39:49 PM  Show Profile
Welcome, Kathleen! SO happy you've joined us! Can't wait to get to know you better! LOVE that you've converted the old washer like that! COOL! Kudos to you and MaryJane for your amazing ingenuity! ;) Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

www.papercraftingwithnini.ctmh.com

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

sherone_13
True Blue Farmgirl

2460 Posts

Sherone
Evanston WY
USA
2460 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2015 :  08:48:24 AM  Show Profile
Welcome from Wyoming!

Sherone

Farmgirl Sister #1682

My Blog

www.annapearlsattic.blogspot.com

My Etsy

www.etsy.com/shop/annapearlsattic

My Avon

www.youravon.com/sheronetaylor

Women are angels. When someone breaks our wings, we just jump on our broomsticks and fly! We are flexible that way!
Go to Top of Page

NY Pumpkin girl
True Blue Farmgirl

104 Posts

Christine
Gouverneur New York
USA
104 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2015 :  1:51:33 PM  Show Profile  Send NY Pumpkin girl a Yahoo! Message
Welcome, I also am relatively new to this group of awesome Farmgirls..I joined in August 2015 and since then have swapped my homemade goats milk soap with a couple farmgirl sisters. It is great that we have a group like this that we can exchange the things we make and have swaps and also all the crafty swaps. I needed something like this. One day I was in Tractor Supply and saw this catalog in the stand and thought that looks interesting and I bought it. That is how this all started for me. I am a true Farmgirl and live on a beef cattle farm with my husband in upper NY. Our children are grown and on their own so it gets kind of lonely and this is a great hobby for me. I also love to grow Atlantic Giant pumpkins and this was my best year at 1,026.5 lbs. I love to check in and read all about my farmgirl sisters. I also have checked out the Glampers and now I am on the lookout for a old camper to Glamp up... Sister #6634

NY Pumpkin girl
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2015 :  4:18:51 PM  Show Profile
Welcome from Minnesota! South Dakota is a beautiful state. Love to hear more posts from you.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

dandelionhouse
True Blue Farmgirl

205 Posts

Debbie
Plymouth Mass
USA
205 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2015 :  6:04:25 PM  Show Profile
Welcome from the Beach Farmgirl in New England! Welcome aboard! This is a very special community of kind,talented and FUN farmgirls!

Come on by and visit us farmgirl bloggers in between issues!

farmgirl sister #1199

Deb~ MJF BEACH farmgirlblogger
http://bfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/

www.deborahjeansdandelionhouse.blogspot.com

" home is where we all craft the life of our dreams."
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13615 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13615 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2015 :  5:48:43 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Welcome Kathleen!
The Farmgirl Connection is a great place to make new friends, share ideas and obtain info!
Great place to be!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6922 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6922 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2015 :  6:04:00 PM  Show Profile
Hello Kathleen and welcome! I am so glad you have decided to join us! It’s really cool what you have chosen to do with your ringer washer. This is the perfect place to share and receive those kinds of ideas. What are the breeds of your small dogs?

Krista
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2015 :  08:42:51 AM  Show Profile
Welcome from Iowa, Kathleen! We also have just shy of 10 acres. Mostly woodlands. Can't wait to hear more about your lifestyle! I wish, wish, wish we hadn't sold the old wringer washer back in the 70's. What was I thinking? (shaking my head).

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

nanajoan
Farmgirl at Heart

2 Posts

Joan
Lakefield Ontario
Canada
2 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2015 :  7:21:59 PM  Show Profile
Hello from Ontario Canada. I am a really old farm girl, I will be 84 in January but, even though I was born on the outskirts of Toronto I always wanted to live on a farm so I married a farm boy and moved to what they call the Kawarthas, a beautiful area in cottage country surrounded by lakes. In the fifties we tried farming on a shoestring on our hundred acre bush lot. We had one horse, one cow, a calf, three pigs, 18 chickens and 4 roosters along with two dogs and a cat. No electricity or other amenities and very little money but lots of love and laughter. I would do it all over again if I still had my wonderful husband of 52 years with me. I am sure I am going to enjoy being a member of the group. Nanajoan
Go to Top of Page

NY Pumpkin girl
True Blue Farmgirl

104 Posts

Christine
Gouverneur New York
USA
104 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2015 :  05:59:44 AM  Show Profile  Send NY Pumpkin girl a Yahoo! Message
Welcome Joan. That sounds like quite an adventure you had. You will love this group of Farmgirls. I am relatively new to it myself and have had so much fun since I joined in August. I would love to hear more about your adventure at farming.

NY Pumpkin girl
Go to Top of Page

nanajoan
Farmgirl at Heart

2 Posts

Joan
Lakefield Ontario
Canada
2 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2015 :  6:56:41 PM  Show Profile
Good evening NY Pumpkin girl: Thanks for such a warm welcome. I had many adventures in my younger days having been a city gal attempting to become a farm woman. Many challenges involved our animals, Joe, a high spirited horse who wore a brand, having come from western Canada, Grady, our Jersey cow with velvety brown eyes which looked at me with such sadness when I attempted to milk her and a feisty rooster who attacked me every time I tried to gather eggs laid by his lady friends. Other challenges included building a road through swampy ground from the country road which ran along the front of our property into the house which we had moved some eight miles from its original resting place to place it on higher ground in a clearing in our bush. But I remember my "adventures" as happy, exciting times. And now I am embarking on another adventure, one I am sure I will enjoy, hobnobbing with all of you Farm Girls. Talk to you soon I hope. Nanajoan
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic I've just become a new Farmgirl 6701 Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page