MichalBeth7
Farmgirl at Heart

2 Posts

MichalBeth
Owasso Ok
USA
2 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2015 :  8:09:05 PM  Show Profile
My name is Beth, and I'm from Northeast Oklahoma! I'm 20 years old, a part-time student, a full-time pharmacy clerk, and care for my grandparents. I am often told that I'm an 80-year-old woman trapped in a 20-year old's body, haha. I love old-fashioned hobbies, tools, trinkets, etc. I believe that it's important for my generation to learn these skills so that we are prepared for anything!

I live on 2 acres and I keep a small homestead. I have a horse, and a donkey, as well as some chickens. I also have two farm dogs, Macie and Bella. I keep a mid-sized garden most years, and I'm currently teaching myself to can produce. I'm an avid baker, love to cook as well. I also am in the midst of trying to complete my first large scale quilt. I also LOVE photography. It's something I play around with when I'm needing some time to renew my mind, or relax. I love nature photography, but also some occasional portraiture.

I am engaged to the most wonderful guy named Clayton! He's in school studying engineering but hopes to take an agriculture focus with it. Our goal and dream is to one day have our own self-sufficient homestead, and learning center. So kids and adults can learn about homesteading, self-sufficiency, and renewable energy.

I hope to get to know others on here! Super excited to be around some like-minded gals!

Even the smallest person can change the course of history.

TexasWildflower
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Wanda
Hallettsville Texas
USA
206 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2015 :  03:20:39 AM  Show Profile
A really big welcome from Texas, Beth! Your introduction made me smile. Being older, sometimes I wonder if all that our past generations knew will be lost because I don't see very many kids who care to know. I'm about to publish a middle-grade historical novel and my concern has been, "Is there anyone out there who will want to read it?" Reading your introduction made me bubble with hope for the future. Thank you for being you! Clayton and your grandparents are extremely blessed. I'm so glad you decided to join us!

Wanda
Farmgirl sister #3399
www.wandasturrock.com
'The Simply Lived Life' blog http://www.wandasturrock.com/website/blog/
Go to Top of Page

guineahen
True Blue Farmgirl

86 Posts

Andrea
Hawley Pa
USA
86 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2015 :  04:18:39 AM  Show Profile
welcome! Your learning center is a great idea. You are going to school now-what is your major?
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2015 :  06:50:37 AM  Show Profile
Hi Beth! WELCOME! I love your idea of a learning center, too! Keep focusing on your dream - I believe you both will have an amazing life journey as you follow it! SO looking forward to hearing more and celebrating your successes! Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

www.papercraftingwithnini.ctmh.com

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6592 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6592 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2015 :  06:55:22 AM  Show Profile
Welcome to the Farm, MichalBeth! It sounds like you have a wonderful life on your homestead with your animals and projects! Looking forward to hearing and learning more about all the work that you are doing. You are definitely among like-minded friends here!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2015 :  07:54:42 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Beth! Congratulations on your engagement :) Your little homestead sounds wonderful, and your bigger dream fascinating and totally achievable. Looking forward to getting to know you better! What kind of dogs do you have? What have you canned so far?

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

callene
True Blue Farmgirl

214 Posts

Callene
Atlanta Georgia
USA
214 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2015 :  10:04:29 AM  Show Profile  Send callene a Yahoo! Message
A BIG southern welcome to you Beth.I am glad you found this collection of gals,myself included.We wish you the best with your as I call them micro,mini farm.I had one a couple years ago.Things happened and ended up in Atlanta.One day hope to get another going.I had three chickens,four dachshunds,one chawennie,6 rabbits,two hens,one turken rooster,fish and a ferret.One dachshund Lola died from eatting pecan shells,they are like razer blades in a dogs stomach.Was very sad thing.Rabbits,chickens and turken(Valasa,like a Valasaraptor.He looked like one.He was my spoiled baby) got eatten by coyotes.Ferret ran away.My youngest daughter has her two dogs and I have my three girls.I too kept a small garden and made several things that made the place a home.A huge congrats to the up coming marriage.Never did that one myself,but still holding out hope.What kind of dogs,horse and chickens do you have?I grew up with a quarter horse for a best friend.I miss him deeply.Do you collect anything?I collect tea pots and snow globes.I have a good collection of Christmas movies as well.I LOVE them!I am into the Pocket Letter craze now.LOVE it!!!!!Go on the swap section to see them.Or Youtube Pocket Letters.It is lots of fun.I have had loads of fun on here so far.Despite set backs we as humans must keep on going.Or as Dory says Just keep swimming.Just keep swimming.Have great fun on here Beth.Message anytime.

Callene C
Farmgirl 6216 and the doxies
Create the life you love
Love the life you create
Go to Top of Page

MichalBeth7
Farmgirl at Heart

2 Posts

MichalBeth
Owasso Ok
USA
2 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2015 :  11:09:55 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by guineahen

welcome! Your learning center is a great idea. You are going to school now-what is your major?

My major is agricultural education, with a minor in ag business! :)

quote:
What kind of dogs do you have? What have you canned so far?
Macie is a mixed breed. (I think she has some german shepherd in her, but who knows, haha.) And Bella is a Boston Terrier. I've only canned tomatoes and green beans so far but hope to learn more!

quote:
What kind of dogs,horse and chickens do you have?

My chickens are a mix of all different breeds, but I have quite a few Orpingtons, which are my favorites! I have about 15 or so hens and a rooster. Leo, my horse, is an American quarter horse, and a sweetheart. We also have Waylon, he's the resident old gentleman, our 17-year-old donkey. I'm not sure what type of donkey he is for sure, but he resembles the old Sicilian breeds.

Sorry for the weird way I did the quotes! Still trying to figure everything out, lol. :)

Even the smallest person can change the course of history.
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2015 :  1:56:49 PM  Show Profile
Beth, a welcome from Minnesota. Sounds like you are a high-energy farmgirl. Hope to hear more from you.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

callene
True Blue Farmgirl

214 Posts

Callene
Atlanta Georgia
USA
214 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2015 :  3:33:25 PM  Show Profile  Send callene a Yahoo! Message
I bet he is a grand old gentleman.I do not know what a Orpington looks like.I like Golden Buffs,Silkies and Frizzles.

Callene C
Farmgirl 6216 and the doxies
Create the life you love
Love the life you create

Edited by - callene on Sep 23 2015 5:38:19 PM
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16373 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16373 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2015 :  8:24:49 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Beth! Orpingtons are great chickens, I agree. Your mention of a donkey made me think about the rich history of mules in this country and then I remembered I had a Forest Service issue burro once and I'm not sure I know what makes them different from one another. Maybe you know? Anyway, your menagerie sounds fabulous (that includes Clayton:). Love the names Macie and Bella. Do share some of your photographs with us!

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6914 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6914 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2015 :  06:12:57 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Beth. I live in Paris, TX which is south of Hugo across the Red River. So thrilled to hear that a young woman is embracing the FarmGirl way of life. Looking forward to reading more about your little homestead.

Sara~~~ FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015
Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth.

Go to Top of Page

ladypony76
True Blue Farmgirl

313 Posts

Angela
Louisville MS
USA
313 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2015 :  12:10:14 PM  Show Profile
Hey there Beth,
My sister in law is in Ok .. A big welcome to you from Mississippi!!
Hugs,
Angela#6681

Farmgirl Farming on Faith!
Go to Top of Page

Song Sparrow
True Blue Farmgirl

1010 Posts

Amy
Talleyville Delaware
USA
1010 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2015 :  06:00:27 AM  Show Profile
Hi Beth, and welcome! These wonderful ladies know so much, you'll find all kinds of wisdom here, not to mention warmth and kindness! So glad to meet you.

Happy Day!
Peace in our hearts, peace in the world
Amy (Sister#6098) www.danaherandcloud.com

Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13617 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13617 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2015 :  2:50:24 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Hi Beth,
Welcome to the Connection . . . a great place to be!
Enjoy!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Hello from Oklahoma Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page