True Blue Farmgirl

313 Posts

Angela
Louisville MS
USA
313 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2015 :  7:01:33 PM  Show Profile
Hello everyone,

My name is Angela and I am from Mississippi. We are currently helping my father in law on his Black Angus Farm and trying to get our farm started. I am an Army veteran and I love to cook hunt fish and we grow most all of our own veggies. I am so excited to be here and cannot wait to get going on my first merit badge. I did join the sisterhood. I have been getting my MaryJanes magazine from my mom I loved it so much she saved all her copies to give me. I live on forty acres and we have 20 more about a mile up the road, so I use alot of tips in my magazines. I put up my own veggies for the winter. This year I finally have the items I need to process our own meat. I love to save a dollar where I can. I have taken a conservation class and have that also I have an associate degree in criminal justice and am currently working on my bachlors. I have two sons and one is with his father in Indiana. He is 28. My oldest son lived with my mom who is a cancer patient and would have been 31 in October was killed in a car wreck May 12 of this year. I also lost my best friend 3 months after that and I have my own medical issues.
My point is I believe no matter what life deals you and sometimes it is not a good hand you can make it and still accomplish your dreams and goals. Mine is too get my degree and enjoy getting our farm going the most sustainable way possible, which brought me here. I am looking forward to badges and new friends....(hope I didnt rattle too long LOL)

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6592 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6592 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2015 :  7:19:56 PM  Show Profile
Well come Angela ! I am so glad to meet you and hear about all of your Farmgirl interests!! It sounds like you have done some wonderful homesteading projects in your current situation. Yes, MaryJanes magazine has inspired Ll of us with countless ideas and suggestions. I look forward to hearing more about all of the things you are working on!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

ladypony76
True Blue Farmgirl

313 Posts

Angela
Louisville MS
USA
313 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2015 :  7:33:13 PM  Show Profile
Thank You so much!
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2015 :  8:08:30 PM  Show Profile
Angela - Welcome to the farm! I look forward to hearing more about your homesteading adventures! Huge (((hugs)))for all you have gone through! Any idea which badge(s) you are going to conquer first? Oh - and thank you for your service!!!

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16373 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16373 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2015 :  8:12:47 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Angela! We're so glad you found us. And we found you. Your attitude about all things life (and death) is inspirational. I'm sure there are many aspects of what you're about and have been through that can benefit us as a group.

I saw your request for one of our library books come through a few minutes ago. We'll get that sent out tomorrow. If you have any questions about Merit Badges, don't hesitate to ask. Brian and I have fallen behind the last couple of weeks getting badges approved and for that we apologize. We had more submissions than usual and it caught us off guard. Today, we discussed a back-up plan should it happen again (which is a good thing, really). One of the things we'll do going forward is to send out a quick personal email letting Merit Badge earners know we're behind but that the submission was received (right now, all you get is a form letter saying your submission was received).

Anyway, welcome to the Sisterhood, Angela!

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

ladypony76
True Blue Farmgirl

313 Posts

Angela
Louisville MS
USA
313 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2015 :  8:25:17 PM  Show Profile
First merit badge for me is going to be Know Your Food..highly interested in learning about sprouts.
I really love alfalfa sprouts in place of lettuce they are great never did my own though that should be awesome
Hugs for all
Angela
Go to Top of Page

TexasWildflower
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Wanda
Hallettsville Texas
USA
206 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2015 :  12:10:04 AM  Show Profile
Hi, Angela, and welcome from Texas! Bless you for your service (I have a grandson in the Army now). And, I'm so sorry for your loss.

I very much share your outlook on life and dreams. You go, girl!

Wanda
Farmgirl sister #3399
www.wandasturrock.com
'The Simply Lived Life' blog http://www.wandasturrock.com/website/blog/
Go to Top of Page

guineahen
True Blue Farmgirl

86 Posts

Andrea
Hawley Pa
USA
86 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2015 :  04:25:17 AM  Show Profile
Welcome! sorry about your loss. Thanks for serving! Is your bachelors going to be criminal justice too? You said you were getting your farm going-what will you be growing to sell?
Go to Top of Page

ladypony76
True Blue Farmgirl

313 Posts

Angela
Louisville MS
USA
313 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2015 :  06:19:24 AM  Show Profile
Hello GuineaHen
Very nice to meet you, we will be getting our farm going to raise
Black Angus cows also. These are cows you would use to breed, not eat
the angus you eat is commercial grown. I suppose you could eat these
however I cant see processing a cow that cost 2500. One of our top
bulls sold one year for 7000 and these are the ones we help my father in law with and he gave us a bull that we sold last year and it paid for all our fencing we got 4000 for our bull...Lot of folks think we have alot of money but they do not figure in the costs of doing all this
As for the food we do grow food in our own garden like purple hull peas
we grow squash, butter peas and butter beans, tomatoes, snap beans this year because of the drought we are planting a fall garden with peas butternut squash and turnips. I dont usually sell them because i have so much to do however when i get my bachelors which is in general studies I may consider that it is an excellent idea.
Go to Top of Page

DoriTroutman
Farmgirl in Training

24 Posts

Dori
Kelso TN
USA
24 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2015 :  07:46:25 AM  Show Profile
Dear Angela,

Oh I loved your introduction. And I love so much what you shared of moving forward towards goals and dreams no matter what life deals us. We all need to be reminded of that often and I am thankful for your reminder today!

Dori
The Ranch Farmgirl for MaryJanes Farmgirl bloggers

http://www.farmgirlbloggers.com/category/ranch_farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

sherone_13
True Blue Farmgirl

2460 Posts

Sherone
Evanston WY
USA
2460 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2015 :  07:50:59 AM  Show Profile
Welcome! Welcome!

Sherone

Farmgirl Sister #1682

My Blog

www.annapearlsattic.blogspot.com

My Etsy

www.etsy.com/shop/annapearlsattic

My Avon

www.youravon.com/sheronetaylor

Women are angels. When someone breaks our wings, we just jump on our broomsticks and fly! We are flexible that way!
Go to Top of Page

ladypony76
True Blue Farmgirl

313 Posts

Angela
Louisville MS
USA
313 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2015 :  08:01:22 AM  Show Profile
Thank you so much Dori and everyone!!! I have found a site that shows me how to do a t-shirt braided rug so I am going to try that. I always wanted to make those. My great grandmother made huge ones. So I feel I need to keep this tradition going. I will send photos as soon as I figure out how on here... If anyone knows how HELP!! As far as my military I thank and appreciate all of you and would go again in a moment if I was able....Love and Hugs to all!
Angela
Go to Top of Page

Cissik
True Blue Farmgirl

578 Posts

Sylvia
Kent WA
USA
578 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2015 :  08:33:31 AM  Show Profile
Welcome from the NW corner of the map! I, too, just lost my son. The hole left behind will probably never be filled but he left us with some pretty powerful memories. I wish the same for you, gather those memories and hold on tight.

Your farm and your dreams are wonderful. Push on. There are so many people here who will pick you up if you ever get down.

Sylvia
Kent, WA
Farm Girl #5389
http://vintagehousegoods.blogspot.com
http://etsy.com/shop/Vintagehousegoods
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2015 :  08:54:37 AM  Show Profile
Angela, a great big welcome from Minnesota. So sorry for you losses. Sometimes life is just hard. But I am excited you joined the far girls. We'll give you lots of encouragement. You make my mouth water with all the great things you grow. Ours is a much shorter season. Good luck with the breeding stock. Can't wait to hear more from you.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

ladypony76
True Blue Farmgirl

313 Posts

Angela
Louisville MS
USA
313 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2015 :  6:50:12 PM  Show Profile
How do I submit photos?
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2015 :  07:01:35 AM  Show Profile
Hi Angela! I'm so happy you've found us... This is a wonderful sisterhood of women who care, share, uplift and help to bear... The girls ALWAYS make life brighter. :) You are going to love it here - SO many like minded women! Just jump in and enjoy! And please always remember to stay strong and keep the faith. Good things are surely to come!!! Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

www.papercraftingwithnini.ctmh.com

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2015 :  12:31:56 PM  Show Profile
A great big welcome, and also a thank you for serving our country.

So glad you're here; looking forward to more of your posts, and getting to know you better. This is a fun place to be.

Farmgirl Hugs,
Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Chapter Leader, Connecticut Simpler Life Sisters
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2013

Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/

www.facebook.com/suburbanfarmgirlblogger
Go to Top of Page

Song Sparrow
True Blue Farmgirl

1010 Posts

Amy
Talleyville Delaware
USA
1010 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2015 :  04:27:58 AM  Show Profile
Hi Angela, I'm so happy to meet you. Thank you for your service to our country! I'm very sorry for your losses, but I admire your way of looking at things. I'm really looking forward to getting to know you! Hugs!

Happy Day!
Peace in our hearts, peace in the world
Amy (Sister#6098) www.danaherandcloud.com

Go to Top of Page

ladypony76
True Blue Farmgirl

313 Posts

Angela
Louisville MS
USA
313 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2015 :  12:05:40 PM  Show Profile
I think I missed saying Thank you to Nini, Nicole and Amy.
I do apologize for that. I am really glad to be here and have jumped on board with some crafts already. This is a place full of love, support and happiness for me. For all of you I am truly grateful.
Hugs,
Angela#6681

Farmgirl Farming on Faith!
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2015 :  11:26:07 AM  Show Profile
Hi (better late then never) to you Angela...
My daddy was born in Bultzer MS... but with his family like so many during the Depression,,, the family moved to California...

Welcome to the MJF Forum.. they ladies are awesome, resourceful and supportive... and will make you laugh too! (best medicine)..
hugz
>^..^<

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2015 :  11:34:10 AM  Show Profile
Hi Angela: Welcome to the MJF forum.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

ladypony76
True Blue Farmgirl

313 Posts

Angela
Louisville MS
USA
313 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2015 :  12:15:30 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Marly and Grace for the warm welcome!! I dearly love my MJF sisters and newfound friends. I have been keeping busy which I usually do. I love the new craft projects I have jumped on board with. Very excited that I found everyone!
Hugs,
Angela#6681

Farmgirl Farming on Faith!
Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2015 :  2:05:48 PM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
A Big Welcome from Wisconsin to you, Angela!! You are just going to love it here!! So many wonderful ladies ... so many interesting things to read about... learn doing... or just to sit back and observe.

Julie
Farmgirl #399
May 2010 Farmgirl of the Month

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic New Member ladypony76 Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page