Page: of 2

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2015 :  12:02:41 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Andrea: Enjoy your time with the farmgirls. I look forward to reading your postings.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2015 :  02:03:31 AM  Show Profile
I got to meet Andrea on Sunday - she only lives a few miles from me! We had a nice chat even though I was working, and we are hoping to get together again. First time I've actually met one of our MJF ladies!

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

My blog: finallyafarmgirl.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

guineahen
True Blue Farmgirl

86 Posts

Andrea
Hawley Pa
USA
86 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2015 :  03:07:46 AM  Show Profile
It was good to meet Beekeepersgirl and I hope that soon there will be more MJF ladies in Northeast PA!
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2015 :  6:03:51 PM  Show Profile
Hello, Andrea! No need to be shy, we are all friendly farmgirls here! Looking forward to seeing more posts from you about your animals and family. A long time ago, I used to live in PA, too, though I am not sure where Hawley is. It's been awhile since I have been there.

Welcome!

Farmgirl Hugs,
Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Chapter Leader, Connecticut Simpler Life Sisters
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2013

Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/

www.facebook.com/suburbanfarmgirlblogger
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2015 :  6:12:38 PM  Show Profile
Andrea, a special welcome from the farmgirls in Minnesota. Love to hear more from you.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

guineahen
True Blue Farmgirl

86 Posts

Andrea
Hawley Pa
USA
86 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2015 :  02:09:56 AM  Show Profile
Thank you, ladies. Texdane-I lived in Connecticut a long time ago!
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2015 :  1:20:32 PM  Show Profile
Hey there, Andrea! Welcome! SO glad you've joined us! I'm at the opposite corner of the state out near Pittsburgh! My homeschool son just graduated last spring and started attending college this fall! My GOODNESS how time flies!!! I know you're just going to love it here - and I'm very much looking forward to getting to know you better! Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

www.papercraftingwithnini.ctmh.com

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

guineahen
True Blue Farmgirl

86 Posts

Andrea
Hawley Pa
USA
86 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2015 :  5:47:09 PM  Show Profile
How are you adjusting to your son being in college-do you miss homeschooling? Seems to be a wide range in how colleges view homeschooling. I lived in many different neighborhoods in Pittsburgh-love that city!
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2015 :  07:13:33 AM  Show Profile
Oh! WOW!!! Andrea - I just love Pittsburgh! What a small world!!! Where is Hawley?

I'm thrilled for my son, and have been so busy here since homeschool ended that I really haven't had time to miss it! LOL! My son's still at home while attending school, so that probably makes the transition a bit easier. I just love when he comes home, tells us all about his day, discusses his classes with us, etc. And now that he's at school, he pretty much takes care of his own meals during the week, so my husband and I are thoroughly enjoying foods we haven't had in years due to our picky eater kid! LOL! Now I just have to decide what I want to do with the rest of my life. I really thought things would quiet down and come to a complete halt once we finished homeschool, but it's quite the opposite! :) It's good to know I still have a purpose! LOL!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

www.papercraftingwithnini.ctmh.com

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

callene
True Blue Farmgirl

214 Posts

Callene
Atlanta Georgia
USA
214 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2015 :  10:57:01 AM  Show Profile  Send callene a Yahoo! Message
Welcome Andrea.I had a micro farm for a bit,garden included.Sounds like you have a good business going for yall.My folks settled in your state at first.They were wiped out by the flu and my grandfather moved to Tenn and met my grandmother.God works in mysterious ways.We would not have come to be if not for tragedy.Hmmmm wonder if that is why my life is so tragic,because it was forged upon tragedy.Wow,never thought of it that way.But hardships make for strong character.Or so I have heard.LOL.I worked with lamb a bit,they are stubborn skiddish things.Kinda like goats.But not as crazy.LOL.We had some crazy goats growing up.One actually saved our lives as young children.The house caught on fire.I placed an etch a sketch on the heater.We let the goat sleep with us,against our mom's wishes.While mom was at work.It was a two room farm house/shack.Living/bedroom and a kitchen.The goat jumped on us til we got up.My sister put out the fire and we sat on the porch sooty waiting for our mom to come home from the graveyard shift at a clamp factory.We are lucky the house did not explode the heater was gas and now that I think of it my sister probably put out the pilot light.WOW,God sure knows his business.Right?Well going to go coupon with my daughter now.Have a marvelous day.Oh the goats name was Sugar,cause she always got in and ate the sugar bags open.LOL.I should write a book about our Tenn escapades.LOL.

Callene C
Farmgirl 6216 and the doxies
Create the life you love
Love the life you create

Edited by - callene on Sep 27 2015 12:44:27 PM
Go to Top of Page

guineahen
True Blue Farmgirl

86 Posts

Andrea
Hawley Pa
USA
86 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2015 :  5:13:34 PM  Show Profile
Ninibini-I know what you mean, meals are so much easier with just the two of us. Our only one at home is a vegetarian so cooking for her can be a challenge. But these days, her fiancé is always taking her out to eat. We are about 45 minutes from Scranton, if you have ever heard of that. Near Lake Wallenpaupack, maybe you have heard of that? Its cool that your son enjoys discussing his days with you, that you are all that close.
Go to Top of Page

guineahen
True Blue Farmgirl

86 Posts

Andrea
Hawley Pa
USA
86 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2015 :  5:20:39 PM  Show Profile
Callene-Tennessee is so beautiful, I'd love to see it some day. Your family history is interesting and I loved that goat story! Your poor Mom must have been so shocked! Yes, I think you should write about those times. I miss our goats but the youngest got jobs and was no longer available to milk and we couldn't fit in milking and cheese making without her. I find the sheep calmer and really appreciate that.
Go to Top of Page

ladypony76
True Blue Farmgirl

313 Posts

Angela
Louisville MS
USA
313 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2015 :  12:16:09 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Andrea
My mom's side of the family originated in PA they were all miners. Eventually everyone went to Ohio some are still in PA.
I have always wanted to get back there to see the mountains. I visited my great grandma once and have never forgotten the scenery. Big Welcome!
Hugs,
Angela#6681

Farmgirl Farming on Faith!
Go to Top of Page

callene
True Blue Farmgirl

214 Posts

Callene
Atlanta Georgia
USA
214 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2015 :  12:52:15 PM  Show Profile  Send callene a Yahoo! Message
Andrea hi.Does goat cheese have the musky taste like goat milk? What do yall do with your wool? Are you a knitter? Yes Tennis is very gorgeous. Would love to see your territory.

Callene C
Farmgirl 6216 and the doxies
Create the life you love
Love the life you create
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Hello from Pennsylvania Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page