MaryJane
Queen Bee

16373 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16373 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2006 :  11:38:12 AM  Show Profile
To our dear farmgirl chapter and forum members, a little someone needs your help. Eight-year-old Mahri, who “modeled” for us in the last two issues of our magazine, has lost her mother, former MaryJanesFarm employee Stefanie Crawford. Stefanie lost control of her car when she hit a patch of black ice last Saturday near the small town of Colfax. A single mom, she was traveling with Mahri and the latest addition to her family, another little girl, two-month old Meadow.
Meadow is still in critical condition and struggling to survive but Mahri’s prognosis is good. With two broken legs and a bruised lung, Mahri’s body will eventually heal even though it took paramedics two hours to pry her from the wreckage. She knows her mother didn’t make it.
We’re hoping to deliver lots of cards to Mahri every day until Christmas. Please consider adding her to your Christmas list this year. She’s a voracious reader so some age appropriate books would be great. Cards and more cards--homemade like our forum mail-art or playful store-bought. Dolls and doll things, playful Christmas ornaments … whatever you think would delight and distract her. We want her to feel immensely loved and cared for, so much so that total strangers are willing to take her into their hearts.

Mahri has lost the kind of mother that keeps motherhood on a pedestal. It’s almost as if Stefanie knew her time with Mahri would be short. She was a fiercely joyful, playful, adoring mother 100% of the time. Mahri always came first. She was Stefanie’s everything and vice versa.

Stefanie and Julie Bell hosting our 2004 Christmas party.

Please consider dropping Mahri a card or a bit of gift in care of MaryJanesFarm at PO Box 8691, Moscow, ID 83843

Stefanie comes as a rag doll to our Halloween party.

MaryJane

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2006 :  11:47:42 AM  Show Profile
You can count on it. I added her to the RAOK list! Thanks for letting and I am sorry for the loss.

~*~Brightest Blessings~*~
Tasha-Rose
blogs: http://gaiarose.wordpress.com
http://frugalwitch.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

celebrate2727
True Blue Farmgirl

989 Posts

Beth
MJF Farmgirl
989 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2006 :  12:00:39 PM  Show Profile  Send celebrate2727 a Yahoo! Message
Oh how tragic for this sweet child. I will indeed be sending a box full of things to make her smile. I will also keep her in my prayers. Thank you for sharing this with us farmgals.

blessings
beth
Go to Top of Page

Txfarmgal
True Blue Farmgirl

585 Posts

AK

USA
585 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2006 :  12:08:28 PM  Show Profile
MaryJane, Thanks for sharing this beautiful little girl with us. I will be praying for her as well as sending her a box of books to your address. hugs

Angi~Be Joyful Always 1 Thes. 5:18
http://www.etsy.com/your_shop.php Check out crafts and gift ideas
www.mcranch-tx.com Fiber and other products
Go to Top of Page

BlueApple
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Julia
Oregon
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2006 :  1:28:35 PM  Show Profile  Send BlueApple an AOL message
How heartbreaking - this family will be in my prayers. Thank you for letting us know, and I be glad to help.

Julia
BlueApple Farm
http://www.homesteadblogger.com/BlueAppleFarm/
Go to Top of Page

bybiddie
True Blue Farmgirl

267 Posts

susan
upstate ny
USA
267 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2006 :  1:45:54 PM  Show Profile
I will add Mahri to all my lists - and both girls to my prayers. I am glad she has you and the FarmGirls to look after her and to ensure she feels loved. I am so sad for her loss.

Susan

Lovin' my life
http://BizzyHands.etsy.com

Edited by - bybiddie on Nov 29 2006 1:46:48 PM
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2006 :  2:00:00 PM  Show Profile
Oh, MaryJane - that is absolutely tragic. I will for sure be adding the little ones to my list. I am absolutely in tears when I think about it. Oh...

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2006 :  2:38:24 PM  Show Profile
It is so sad. My kids and I will be glad to help, and add the girls to our prayers.
Bonnie

...she is far more precious than jewels and her value is far above rubies or pearls.
Prov 31:10
www.beequilting.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

susanne
Farmgirl in Training

14 Posts

susanne

USA
14 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2006 :  2:47:17 PM  Show Profile
MaryJane, this is the "old" meadowlark, susanne is my little sis ( she won't mind if I use her for this)...this little girl has my prayers as well as her tiny sister Meadow. A box of little girl goodies will be on it's way to Idaho. You always think of others...this is as hard as it gets in life...thank you for putting the call out. My thoughts and prayer for all who are grieving the loss of this beautiful young mother.
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2006 :  3:06:57 PM  Show Profile
my heart breaks for these dear little girls and their sweet mother.

i have so many american girls dolls .. and just visited them all .. and KIT .. the 1930's doll seemed to smile and say she would love to live with little Mahri. Kit has her little miniature KIT doll that will accompany her to Mahri's heart and home.

Kit was the last of the dolls in the series that i started collecting .. and i do not have the books .. but thought if some farmgirls and farmgirl chapters would visit the American Girls website and order these books for Mahri to go with her doll .. that would be so special ... since she loves to read .. and is right at that magical age when these dolls begin to teach of life in early America.

You might want to post which book(s) you ordered so that she won't get duplicates .. if you decide to do this special thing for Mahri. Oh .. and there are lots of clothes and accessories too for KIT. It would be so grande if as a group we all became Mahri's "angels unawares" and remembered her and sent her cards and letters and little gifts during the next few years of her little life. And of course, if little Meadow survives this terrible accident of life .. we need to remember her too.

The American Girls web-site is: http://store.americangirl.com/shop/home.php

The web-page for KIT is: http://store.americangirl.com/shop/kitdoll.php?catid=375915

==

following is information on the six books in the KIT collection, plus two more and the KIT paperdolls.

AMEICAN GIRLS DOLL: KIT KITTREDGE (1930's era)

Kit Kittredge is determined to help her family through America’s Great Depression.
As a girl growing up in 1934, Kit sees her Dad lose his business overnight. Now her days are filled with worry about whether her family can save their house. Kit pitches in at home all she can, struggling with an endless list of chores that keeps her constantly busy.

Meet Kit
$6.95 50167 Meet Kit - Paperback
by Valerie Tripp

Kit Kittredge is enjoying the carefree life she has always known—until suddenly her world turns upside down. First, Mother’s friend and her sickly, pampered son Stirling come to live with her family. Then Kit’s dad loses his business, and things go from bad to worse. Will life ever be the same again? 80 pages. First in a series of six books.

Kit Learns a Lesson
Kit hopes her father will find a new job soon so that things can return to normal, with no boarders in the house and no long list of daily chores for her to do! But a visit to a soup kitchen shocks Kit—and shows her just how much the Great Depression has changed everything. 80 pages.

Kit’s Surprise

It’s just before Christmas when Kit overhears the terrible news that her family may lose their house. Kit wants to earn money to help out, but she gets stuck taking care of cranky Uncle Hendrick and his nasty dog Inky instead. Kit and her best friend have had a fight, so she has no one to turn to. Can she still find a way to make the holidays bright? 80 pages. Third in a series of six books.

Happy Birthday, Kit!
Kit’s tenth birthday is approaching, but the chances of having a celebration are pretty slim. There’s no time to plan a party, and no money, either, since Dad still doesn’t have a job. When Aunt Millie comes for a visit, Kit finds new reasons to hope. With all her thriftiness and good ideas, Aunt Millie seems to be able to make anything happen! 80 pages. Fourth in a series of six books.

Kit Saves the Day

Kit is looking for excitement after a summer full of chores. When a young hobo named Will offers to help out in the garden in exchange for a meal, he tells her about life on the road. His stories inspire Kit to pursue her own adventures. When her curiosity gets her—and her friends—into trouble, will she be able to save them all? 80 pages. Fifth in a series of six books.

Changes for Kit

Cranky Uncle Hendrick has come to stay with Kit’s family. His gruff orders and fiery letters to the editor leave Kit losing hope for better times. But when he unwittingly gives her a great idea, she proves that even one girl can make a difference. 86 pages. Sixth in a series of six books.

===========

Welcome to Kit’s World
$16.95 5359XH

by Harriet Brown

Step into the 1930s with this beautiful hardcover book. Imagine living through the Dust Bowl, losing your home, or making a dress from a chicken-feed sack! Discover how families survived during the Great Depression, how Shirley Temple made them smile, and how girls like Kit became everyday heroes. The lavishly illustrated spreads are nearly two feet wide when open. Hardcover. 64 pages.

==============

Shop|Historical Characters|Kit|Bookstore|Danger at the Zoo: A Kit Mystery

Historical Characters

Danger at the Zoo: A Kit Mystery
$6.95 5989X Danger at the Zoo: A Kit Mystery - Paperback

While gathering facts for her summer job at the newspaper, Kit stumbles into some strange monkey business at the zoo. If she follows her reporter’s instincts, will she find the story? Or just find danger? At the end of the book you’ll find the “Looking Back” section full of colorful pictures and interesting facts. Paperback includes a tear-off recipe card. 192 pages.

=======

Kit’s Paper Dolls
$9.95 57064H

Set includes paper dolls of Kit, Stirling, and Ruthie, plus outfits and accessories that attach with reusable sticky dots. Comes with illustrated backgrounds and more! Paperback. 28 pages.

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2006 :  3:14:13 PM  Show Profile
our prayers and thoughts going out to the little girls and remaining family members going through this event.
So very sad.
Will be sending a bit of things for Mahri and her sister.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2006 :  3:20:16 PM  Show Profile
Oh my gosh how sad. I will for sure be getting some things and books and cards together. Thanks for letting us know how to help do what we can.

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

robyn
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

robyn
welch mn
USA
4 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2006 :  4:41:17 PM  Show Profile
Dear Mary Jane,
There are no words to describe how my heart goes out to this family. They will be constantly in my heart and prayers. Our God is an awesome God. Not only is Stephanie resting in His arms, but her two little girls are being cared for also by Him. robyn

i refuse to tiptoe through life just to get to death safely......rbp
Go to Top of Page

TheSoapMaven
True Blue Farmgirl

691 Posts

Susan
LA
USA
691 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2006 :  5:39:44 PM  Show Profile  Send TheSoapMaven a Yahoo! Message
Oh MaryJane, I am just overcome with sadness. Stephanie was the first person I ever spoke to at MaryJanesFarm. She was the one who forwarded my first email to you. She was just a delight. My heart is breaking. Those sweet little ones are in our hearts and prayers.

Please keep us informed.

Susan
Proprietress of Dahlem's Soapworks http://www.thesoapmaven.com

Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2006 :  6:29:59 PM  Show Profile
This just breaks my heart. I will definitely add these little girls to my prayer list and gift list.

Handmade delights at www.rusticcottagecreations.com

Visit my blog! http://nwfarmerette.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2006 :  6:43:34 PM  Show Profile
Maryjane - thank you for letting us know about Stephanie and Mahri and Meadow. I hope both little girls heal and grow strong in memory of their loving mom. They are in my prayers, and I know they will receive full Farmgirl love from you and your family and from this wonderful place. I wish I could hug them, but I will send a hug and a gift from Florida.

Ephesians 1:17
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2006 :  6:56:10 PM  Show Profile
Tears are streaming down my face right now. She will definatly be added to our christmas list. I am so sorry to hear of this and hope that both girls will make a full recovery. I hope they know that they are loved all over the world.

Jewelry, art, baskets, etc.

www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

Luzy
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Luanne
Pueblo Colorado
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2006 :  7:01:27 PM  Show Profile
I'm so sorry to hear about this terrible loss. My heart aches for the little girls as well as all of her friends and family. Of course, please count me in. I'd be happy to send a box of little girl things as well as cards. Thanks Mary Jane for sharing. I'm glad we can help. Please keep us posted on the girls progress. Big hugs, Lu

--
May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.
Go to Top of Page

vintagechica
True Blue Farmgirl

438 Posts

Eren
Poolville TX
USA
438 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2006 :  7:06:20 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Mary Jane,I am in tears as I type this and my 4-year old wants to know why Im sad. Please know that your whole MJF family will be in my family's prayers. And yes, we will drop her a card and a gift in the mail. And I hope you dont mind if I let a few of my good girlfriends know as well. My heart is just breaking for these two sweet little girlies.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
A sure way to avoid housework...live outdoors.

www.vintagechica.typepad.com
Go to Top of Page

lamarguerite farm
True Blue Farmgirl

649 Posts

missy
Battle Ground Wa
USA
649 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2006 :  8:46:13 PM  Show Profile
The girls will definately be in my prayers and a box of "special girly things" will be on it's way next week.

love and blessings

Missy

If you have a dream, even if you don't feel qualified to accomplish it, just try your hardest.-Maggie Jensen
http://18happyhens.blogspot.com
http://LamargueriteFarm.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2006 :  9:05:51 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
I am so sorry to hear of this. I hope for the rest of her life she will remember the holidays with love and not sadness. Much love, prayers and well wishing for the children.

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe my blog http://sunshinescreations.blogspot.com
my web stores www.sunshines.etsy.com and http://vintagethreads.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

jo Thompson
True Blue Farmgirl

603 Posts

Jo
the mountainside of the Chugach in Alaska
USA
603 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2006 :  9:10:11 PM  Show Profile
I lost my mother near Colfax in 1979 in a car accident on a patch of ice just four days after christmas. My father had passed away when I was only eight years old. I cannot tell you what the loss of a parent is at that age, you are all so wonderful to care about this child. I haven't been on the board in awhile, I was busy here with an Alaskan winter, my sister and I talked about that winter of losing our mother in that way. My mother was miles from any kind of medical center that could have saved her had that even been possible. I never watched my mother grow old. This is so very sad about Mahri. It isn't any wonder that care for trauma victims now. It is especially difficult over the holidays. jo

"friends don't let friends eat farmed salmon"
http://homepage.mac.com/thomja/Anchorage/PhotoAlbum15.html
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2006 :  9:41:48 PM  Show Profile
What a terrible loss for everyone but most especially those two dear little girls. They will be in my prayers and heart, and I will send whatever is needed. My thoughts are with all of you. Please let us know of any other help we can provide. I am just so sorry, this is one of those things that doesn't make sense no matter how you look at it. I also lost my Mom too early and it's just one of those things you carry with you your whole life. Love to you all...

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9092 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9092 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2006 :  11:12:10 PM  Show Profile
MARY JANE,
Its times like this that the true purpose of the MJ members is brought together. How sad for little Mahri and Meadow. Please keep us updated as to their needs as they arise.
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

beachbuminthecountry
Farmgirl in Training

31 Posts

Effort PA
USA
31 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2006 :  05:01:44 AM  Show Profile
Wow, how sad. There are no words to say. I will help and pray for the two little ones. I would like to thank the person who posted that everyone read this thread, cause for some reason before that post I had no intension to read it. I have one more question do they still have a dad?

Thank you and God Bless
BB

If Satan comes knocking at your door, just say " Jesus can you get that for me"
Go to Top of Page

MustangSuzie
True Blue Farmgirl

634 Posts

Sarah
New London Missouri
USA
634 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2006 :  06:44:03 AM  Show Profile  Send MustangSuzie a Yahoo! Message
Thanks for sharing this with us Mary Jane. I'll be glad to help in making this precious little girl feel special. I think it's wonderful to be a part of such a wonderful group of people here with big hearts. Mahri and Meadow will be in prayer.

Sarah
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 **News from MaryJanesFarm: Previous Topic Stefanie and Mahri Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page