Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Prayers for Cassie
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Prayers for Cassie Next Topic  

callene
True Blue Farmgirl

214 Posts

Callene
Atlanta Georgia
USA
214 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2015 :  10:13:44 PM  Show Profile  Send callene a Yahoo! Message
Please pray for my furbaby Cassie.She is a five year old dachshund and she has a slipped disc in her back.She is on meds and the vet is very positive about her recovery.We are hoping and praying the meds do the trick.Surgery for this is $5,000.00,of which I do not have.I need LOTS of prayers for her.She is like one of my children and I love her to death.It would shatter my heart to lose her,especially if I have to decide to put her down.PLEASE pray for a speedy and cheap recovery.Thank you. With a worried heart Callene

Callene C
Farmgirl 6216
Create the life you love
Love the life you create

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2015 :  2:38:40 PM  Show Profile
I am praying for Cassie. I know how it is to love an animal. Hugs to Cassie. Hugs to you.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13617 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13617 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2015 :  4:02:50 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Our furbabies are sooooo much a part of our families, aren't they?
PRAYING!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

callene
True Blue Farmgirl

214 Posts

Callene
Atlanta Georgia
USA
214 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2015 :  4:25:18 PM  Show Profile  Send callene a Yahoo! Message
She is throwing up the muscle relaxer,not a good thing.She has not peed as far as I have seen.I tried to move her so she could lay more comfortably.And I hurt her.She yelped so much,I still feel horrible.She is so long and hard to manuever.I need to find a wheely cart for her so she can use the bathroom.I do not want to make her worse trying to help her.They said use a towel to hold her up,so she can potty.She will not go,she looks back like I am doing something weird.LOL,well it is weird.For both of us.Just want her to get better soon.

Callene C
Farmgirl 6216
Create the life you love
Love the life you create
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7582 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7582 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2015 :  7:38:47 PM  Show Profile
Oh Callene,
It is so hard to help them but maybe she will realize what you are doing is going to help her. Poor baby, she is in my prayers for healing. and you for stresst.

Take care
blessings
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

Song Sparrow
True Blue Farmgirl

1010 Posts

Amy
Talleyville Delaware
USA
1010 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2015 :  04:52:43 AM  Show Profile
Dear Callene, my heart breaks for you. I'm praying for your dear puppy and for you.

Happy Day!
Peace in our hearts, peace in the world
Amy (Sister#6098) www.danaherandcloud.com

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7582 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7582 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2015 :  08:16:28 AM  Show Profile
Praying for less pain for Cassie.

Take care Callene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

callene
True Blue Farmgirl

214 Posts

Callene
Atlanta Georgia
USA
214 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2015 :  3:50:54 PM  Show Profile  Send callene a Yahoo! Message
She really does not seem to be in a lot of pain,unless she turns wrong.She is more sad that she is stuck in the kennel.I just am praying they do not tell me she needs surgery,cause it is $5,000.00.I do not have that.I hate her having to be in the kennel.I want to be positive,I am trying to be.Thank you for your prayers.PLEASE continue to pray for us.She goes to the vet again tomorrow.I started halfing her muscle relaxer she is keeping it down.She peed today.Praying for the best,which is for her to get well.

Callene C
Farmgirl 6216
Create the life you love
Love the life you create
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13617 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13617 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2015 :  5:01:13 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Continuing to pray! Sending all the hugs and encouragement I can . . . and prayers!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

auntsmelly
True Blue Farmgirl

559 Posts

Jenny
Pitman NJ
USA
559 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2015 :  06:54:01 AM  Show Profile
I am praying for your little girl. I know how difficult it is when our furbabies
are hurting. Thinking of you both...

God has a bigger plan for me than I have for myself.
Jenny,
Blessed Farmgirl #4359
FGOM October 2013
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

3075 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
3075 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2015 :  08:41:32 AM  Show Profile
Praying for you and Cassie. I hope your vet appointment is good news for both of you.

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7582 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7582 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2015 :  4:42:40 PM  Show Profile
Hi Callene,

Just checking in on how Cassie is doing? Take care and still praying.

Blessings
darlene

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

callene
True Blue Farmgirl

214 Posts

Callene
Atlanta Georgia
USA
214 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2015 :  11:26:50 PM  Show Profile  Send callene a Yahoo! Message
The vet examined Cassie,as she did she told us she had a doxie that was paralyzed for four years.She told us that she feels Cassie needs surgery,but feels that she is beyond help.Or at least from surgery.She said Cassie has a bladder infection.She is on antibiotics along with her other meds.She has to have her bladder expelled four times a day.Morning,lunch,dinner and before bed.My daughter feels this is to much.I do NOT.She is my baby and worth getting a fighting chance.The vet feels with the bladder infection gone and Cassie eatting and drinking right.Well,she thinks the meds might start to work(Only GOD can say what he can and will do).If not we will try her with a wheely cart.But this is not a death sentence.As long as Cassie does not keep getting bladder infections(which lead to kidney failure)she will be ok.I am still praying for a miracle healing for my baby.She so hates being locked in the kennel at bedtime.My daughter feels I will be living my life around a dog.I am not sure what she wants me to do.But if this means no dating,so be it.But I believe I have a soulmate out there looking for me and this will be ok for him.If not he is not a perfect match.And I believe soulmates are just that.God designed them to be.And if I miss out on the love of a man for the love of my dog a few more years then oh well.I must be meant to be alone.The vet said her bladder can be emptied and I can be gone up to 5 hours,so that is plenty of time for social things.When I find a job I will come home on my lunch.My daughter has refused to help with Cassie as far as expelling her bladder.She said it is gross.I will do what I have to do for Cassie.I am thinking of making dachshund stuffies to sale to help with Cassie's vet bills and wheely cart.Do yall think that will work?Just have to figure out how to get my sewing machine and sewing stuff up here from Alabama.I got a few cute patterns from pintrest.I thought I was not going to be able to expel her bladder,but did it twice today.I think we can do this.If I have to move back home for Cassie,I will.Will hate it,but I will.My mom said she would help with Cassie's care.Getting us to the vet and expelling her bladder.It may end up being a bad thing,though.My brother and I fight.And I mean toe to toe fist fight.My mom did take up for me last visit.Let's just say it is best for me to not over stay my welcome,which lasts maybe two days.Not sure what I will do.Pray for us,please.A lottery win would be nice.Thank yall Callene

Callene C
Farmgirl 6216
Create the life you love
Love the life you create

Edited by - callene on Aug 28 2015 11:32:15 PM
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2015 :  11:33:06 PM  Show Profile
It would seem to me that there has to be some sort of doxie lovers group in your area. Google dacshund clubs and see what comes up. They may be able to help with expenses and give advice. good luck. If a man can't accept my dog, I know that he isn't the guy for me.
Cindy

"Come by the hills to the land where fancy is free; And stand where the peaks meet the sky and the rocks reach the sea.Where the rivers run clear and the bracken is gold in the sun. and cares of tomorrow must wait till this day is done"--Loreena McKennit
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7582 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7582 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2015 :  07:18:50 AM  Show Profile
oh Callene you have a handful in your life.

It is nice that your mom will help. Is she far from you? I would check in to the Doxie groups too like Cindy mentioned and see if there is something that they can offer too. I think your idea for making dachshund stuffers. It would help you too and making them will help keep your mind busy as well as make extra money.

My prayers go with you and Cassie.

darlene

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

callene
True Blue Farmgirl

214 Posts

Callene
Atlanta Georgia
USA
214 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2015 :  11:58:18 AM  Show Profile  Send callene a Yahoo! Message
You got that right Cindy.They are like my kids love me love my kids furbabies included.Thank you.I will check into it.I do not know much about this state though.But the net is a crazy thing and great tool.lol.
quote:
Originally posted by prariehawk

It would seem to me that there has to be some sort of doxie lovers group in your area. Google dacshund clubs and see what comes up. They may be able to help with expenses and give advice. good luck. If a man can't accept my dog, I know that he isn't the guy for me.
Cindy

"Come by the hills to the land where fancy is free; And stand where the peaks meet the sky and the rocks reach the sea.Where the rivers run clear and the bracken is gold in the sun. and cares of tomorrow must wait till this day is done"--Loreena McKennit
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/

Callene C
Farmgirl 6216
Create the life you love
Love the life you create
Go to Top of Page

callene
True Blue Farmgirl

214 Posts

Callene
Atlanta Georgia
USA
214 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2015 :  12:03:21 PM  Show Profile  Send callene a Yahoo! Message
Thank you Darlene.My mom is way down in Mobile Alabama.I would have to move back to her house,with her and my brother.Not an ideal move.I will show yall the stuffies when I get one done.I have to figure out how and where to sale them.Did not do so good with my beaded jewelry.But this is VERY important,so will try try again.
quote:
Originally posted by darlenelovesart

oh Callene you have a handful in your life.

It is nice that your mom will help. Is she far from you? I would check in to the Doxie groups too like Cindy mentioned and see if there is something that they can offer too. I think your idea for making dachshund stuffers. It would help you too and making them will help keep your mind busy as well as make extra money.

My prayers go with you and Cassie.

darlene

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...

Callene C
Farmgirl 6216
Create the life you love
Love the life you create
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7582 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7582 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2015 :  4:19:08 PM  Show Profile
Well make sure to mention it on here and maybe Etsy, and Ebay and try Craigs list and Facebook online yard sales and craft sales coming up.

I hope that helps and I am glad your tooth is better.

Take care
darlene

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

callene
True Blue Farmgirl

214 Posts

Callene
Atlanta Georgia
USA
214 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2015 :  07:58:43 AM  Show Profile  Send callene a Yahoo! Message
Thank you Darlene.That does help.
quote:
Originally posted by darlenelovesart

Well make sure to mention it on here and maybe Etsy, and Ebay and try Craigs list and Facebook online yard sales and craft sales coming up.

I hope that helps and I am glad your tooth is better.

Take care
darlene

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...

Callene C
Farmgirl 6216
Create the life you love
Love the life you create
Go to Top of Page

callene
True Blue Farmgirl

214 Posts

Callene
Atlanta Georgia
USA
214 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2015 :  10:36:42 PM  Show Profile  Send callene a Yahoo! Message
Update.Vet said today she may walk yet.She has a bit of feeling in her back feet now.Praying,praying.She is not happy about being kenneled at all.But it is a must.Happy thoughts!Big smiles!

Callene C
Farmgirl 6216
Create the life you love
Love the life you create
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7582 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7582 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2015 :  1:18:02 PM  Show Profile
Good to hear Callene, Maybe in the Kennel she isn't moving as much which helps her to heal...

hugs

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2015 :  8:24:17 PM  Show Profile
Hi Callene,

I just saw your post and am praying for healing for Cassie. I totally understand your devotion to Cassie. We don't have children so our dogs are our kids and like you we love them so much.

Farmgirl Sister #5392

By His Grace, For His Glory
~Sharon

http://amerryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

callene
True Blue Farmgirl

214 Posts

Callene
Atlanta Georgia
USA
214 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2015 :  10:08:51 PM  Show Profile  Send callene a Yahoo! Message
Update on Cassie.She can feel and tug her back legs away some,but is not standing.And still has to have help with bladder draining.She will become a wheely dog.I am still trying to think of ways to raise money to get or make her a cart and for vet bills.Still thinking hard about the Dachshund stuffies.Maybe even some I love Doxies buttons.Any ideas?

Callene C
Farmgirl 6216
Create the life you love
Love the life you create
Go to Top of Page

Song Sparrow
True Blue Farmgirl

1010 Posts

Amy
Talleyville Delaware
USA
1010 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2015 :  05:44:06 AM  Show Profile
Callene, I am continuing to pray for you and Cassie. I'm glad there's a little progress. I like the doxie stuffie idea, I'd buy one for my granddaughter!

Happy Day!
Peace in our hearts, peace in the world
Amy (Sister#6098) www.danaherandcloud.com

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7582 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7582 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2015 :  12:19:29 PM  Show Profile
Both those ideas are great, maybe a doxie bed with a doxie appliqued on it.
My prayers continue.

Here is something I found on dog wheel chairs, if it helps or not, take care.

Take care
darlene

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...

Edited by - darlenelovesart on Sep 16 2015 12:53:53 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Prayers for Cassie Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page