True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2006 :  05:08:32 AM  Show Profile
Oh Yes, I love Bing Crosby too!
The tv stations have been a little slow for me getting these shows on the air! So I am starting a dvd collection myself! So don't feel bad Sunshine-I love NESTER! And I did see the Nun/Shepherd one on the Family Channel a few nights ago. Rankin/Bass shows are awesome. They did such a wonderful job presenting the fun and true meaning of Christmas.
You girls all have mentioned great shows! Too bad we couldn't have a big popcorn, PJ, movie nite!

...she is far more precious than jewels and her value is far above rubies or pearls.
Prov 31:10
www.beequilting.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2006 :  06:46:39 AM  Show Profile
These aren't necessarily holiday "movies", but can be when you watch them in marathon format...my husband and I are big fans of the West Wing and have all seasons on dvd, so at Thanksgiving and Christmas time, we watch all of the seasonal shows--don't know if there are any other fans out there, but the seasonal episodes are so poignant!

Just before D-Day, we start watching Band of Brothers, too, to time it with the Normandy invasion....It's my husband's idea, he has some issues

Just think of all of the roads there are...all of the things I haven't seen....yet.
Go to Top of Page

Niamh
True Blue Farmgirl

140 Posts

Idaho
140 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2006 :  07:47:19 AM  Show Profile  Send Niamh a Yahoo! Message
Elf, Wonderful Life, those are great.

My favorite is Love Actually. The talent they pulled together for that movie is amazing-Emma Thompson, Alan Rickman, Colin Firth, Hugh Grant, Bill Nighby, Keira Knightley, Claudia Schiffer, Laura Linney...the list goes on-lots of up-and-coming actors also.

And the storylines...and the acting...it's just fantastic and I watch it at least twice a week from Thanksgiving to Christmas, LOL! My DH goes crazy.

If you watch it, be warned, the little girl's version of "All I Want For Christmas" (yes, it's really her singing it-amazing!) and Bill's version of "Christmas is all around" will be stuck in your head for days.
Go to Top of Page

Bluewrenn
True Blue Farmgirl

1122 Posts

Erin
Texas
USA
1122 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2006 :  10:38:20 AM  Show Profile
White Christmas!!!!!

My Homesteading Journal http://toomyvara.livejournal.com

My craft journal http://bluewrenn.livejournal.com

Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2006 :  11:06:57 AM  Show Profile
The old Miracle on 34th Street. I have seen it twice in the last week, and the scenes of the Macy's Parade are hilarious, not meant to be, but so old-fashioned now. I love that movie. Natalie Wood is just a little girl! And the court room argument for the existence of Santa Claus is great! The first time I saw it, I was a little girl, and I was hooked for life.

Ephesians 1:17
Go to Top of Page

katiedid
True Blue Farmgirl

601 Posts

Kate
West Jordan Utah
USA
601 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2006 :  10:50:09 PM  Show Profile
I love Elf too, and White Christmas...my daughters love to run around singing...."sisters, sisters, there were never such devoted sisers.."

I love the animated one that Disney made a long time ago, before everyone had to be so politically correct and you could have a holiday movie about Jesus...The Small One.
It is about the little boy who sells the donkey to Mary and Joseph on their way to Bethlehem. It is really sweet.

I love It's a Wonderful LIfe, because who doesn't love Jimmy Stewart. And A Christmas Story.. I love the scene where they are in the Chinese resturant and they chop the duck's head off at the table!! And the Chinese carolers!

my new blog http/www.theknifemakerswife.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Celticheart
True Blue Farmgirl

811 Posts

Marcia
WA
USA
811 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2006 :  2:17:29 PM  Show Profile
Oh I agree! I have to watch A Christmas Story just for the scene in the Chinese restaurant and the Chinese guys singing "Deck the Halls"...it's too funny!

My favorites are any version of A Christmas Carol and White Christmas. I like to watch it on Christmas Eve late at night if I'm up. My newest favorite is Love Actually. I think somebody else mentioned that one too. Ya gotta love Hugh Grant dancing through the house to the Pointer sisters.

"I suppose the pleasure of country life lies really in the eternally renewed evidence of the determination to live." Vita Sackville-West

Go to Top of Page

lilpunkin
True Blue Farmgirl

368 Posts

Texas
USA
368 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2006 :  10:09:11 PM  Show Profile
Ok this one hasn't been mentioned but it is funny, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. Oh, what a funny movie! Elf still wins for me this year, I haven't changed my mind yet, it's so cute!

Life isn't measured by how many breaths you take, but by how many moments take your breath away.
Go to Top of Page

Phils Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

1095 Posts

Ann
Parsonsburg Maryland
USA
1095 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2006 :  3:58:30 PM  Show Profile
My current favorites are NOT typically thought of as Christmas movies... that said, last night Phil brought out "Little Women", announced that it was Christmassy, and we had a wonderful time. My other pick is the Wonderworks version of "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe". Lucy, I believe, is told by the beavers that it's always winter, never Christmas.... and won't be until Aslan comes and takes power away from the witch. As the power leaves her, Father Christmas does come.... and finally Aslan takes all her power away. Yeah!

...Peace on Earth, Good will to men.

Ann

There is a Redeemer.
Go to Top of Page

berries
True Blue Farmgirl

475 Posts

gloria g
Florida
USA
475 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2006 :  4:12:14 PM  Show Profile
Prancer!!!! I watch it every year, even if I can't get anyone else to watch it with me. I just love it! Yea....Prancer!

My husband loves The Christmas Story! Me too!

farmgirl hugs, gloria g. Richards, TX 77873

strawberry fields forever and ever!

www.strawberryhousequilting.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Holidays: Previous Topic Favorite Holiday Movie Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page