forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2015 :  09:08:28 AM  Show Profile
Well, you are all so busy and I've been busy...haven't spent too much time on the Connection. I want you to know I have received my Christmas fabrics from Denise, Beverley, and Linda! All so pretty! Its like getting candy in the mail! I cut out my squares yesterday and will put them in the envelopes after I finish on here. They will all be in the mail tomorrow! Yay!

Joyce and Callene, I am so happy you are still with us!

Linda, what can I say? You be da best!!!

Marilyn, take your time...I went through the back surgery 1 1/2 yrs. ago with my DH. Your hubby will be on his feet in no time..and, hopefully, feel so much better.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7489 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7489 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2015 :  09:10:51 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Thanks, Judith. Glad they arrived safely. Can't wait to get started on the quilt.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2015 :  12:24:37 PM  Show Profile
I have received about half of mine so far and I am beyond excited. They all are just too wonderful. they are really different than the material I had so my quilt will come out so cute!! Never really got into making a Christmas quilt before but now I am excited to get it started!! Wooo Hoooo!!!

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog....Charles F. Doran
beverley baggett
Beverley with an extra E...
https://sites.google.com/site/bevsdoggies/
http://bevsdoggies.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2015 :  12:41:44 PM  Show Profile
I agree. My granddaughter is so excited and asks to open each one. Then she loves to show me the beautiful squares. Her favorite today was the Nativity.

TexasGran
Let God's light shine through you every day.
www.etsy.com/shop/
anniemayme
Amazon Children's Books, look for my name:Marilyn Robinson Godfrey
Craftsy: patterns for farm stick animals
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2015 :  12:57:21 PM  Show Profile
Yay!!! I mailed out all of my Christmas fabric squares today!! Hope it gets to each of you soon!

Today I received squares from:
-Someone with no return address,postmarked N. Texas and Dallas TX, "Ironing Water" recipe, and darling western boot print. Is this you, Marilyn? I love it!!!
-Maryellen: I just love the Nativity print!
-Becky R- The horse print is lovely, and I just purchased the other print to make Christmas sachets!
Sherry B-Very elegant prints!
Rebecca Robertson White- Thank you, for the tuck'in! Yum! And, 2 very fun fabrics!

It felt like Christmas today!!! Thank you, swappers and Linda!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7489 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7489 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2015 :  1:03:31 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
If any of you need help making your quilt, please let me know. I want to work on the Quilting Merit Badge, and since I've been quilting for over 50 years (did I really say that?) I can teach someone to quilt or help them with quilting. So please ask me questions on the pattern I sent or a pattern of your choice and help me get my merit badges. LOL!

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2015 :  1:31:45 PM  Show Profile
Mine are in the mail also. Joyce yours will take a bit longer, but it is on its way.

TexasGran
www.etsy.com/shop/
anniemayme
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7489 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7489 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2015 :  2:45:07 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
I received fabric form Maryellen - love the Nativity; Marilyn - thanks for the extra squares and the Ironing Water recipe; Rebecca - love the Santas and the words fabric - and the tea; Becky - love the horse print and the ice skates. All these fabrics are so colorful! I was at JoAnns yesterday and could not find what I wanted for the sashing. I'll look on line tonight. I love all the different fabrics. This is so much fun.

I'm thinking of Valentines/Red&White for the next one if there is enough interest. What do you think?

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Edited by - quiltee on Sep 08 2015 2:52:33 PM
Go to Top of Page

Denise Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

831 Posts

Denise
Shoreview MN
USA
831 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2015 :  4:27:06 PM  Show Profile
I got home went to the mail box and had tons of fun mail!
I received squares from Marilyn, thank you for the cute hats and boots fabric and the poinsettias fabric. I love the iron water recipe, I will need to try that for sure.
Beverley thank you for the cute snowmen, and the trees fabrics, they are so cute and happy.
Sherry, thank you for the words print and the holly fabrics, they are really sweet.
Rebecca the the toys and the horses are too cute, I will need to hide the horse print from my niece!
Maryellen The fabric with the mittens and skates and the nativity fabrics are beautiful.
This truly made my day, since I have to prep for the dreaded colonoscopy tonight. I can look at my beautiful fabric and plan my quilt!
Thank you so much!
Denise Ann
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7489 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7489 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2015 :  4:42:20 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Isn't farmgirl mail FUN??? Love all the fabric squares.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2015 :  4:55:14 PM  Show Profile
Linda, when I first asked you what you thought about this kind of swap, I was not sure if anyone would join in. But just look at how much we are all enjoying it now. Finding that quilt pattern and altering it for our squares was a great idea. I have made two Christmas quilts in the past and they were given to my GRANDDAUGHTERS, perhaps this one is mine.

TexasGran
www.etsy.com/shop/
anniemayme
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7489 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7489 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2015 :  5:29:50 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
I agree. In a way I'm helping farmgirls who sew to build up their stash and challenging us to make something with these squares. I can't wait to see the Christmas quilts and other projects we all make with them.

I'm looking for a possible quilt pattern for Valentines day squares. LOL! I'm thinking, like you, that having a quilt in mind for the squares is interesting for some of those who sign up. If making for different people, this same quilt pattern would work.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Go to Top of Page

proseharley
True Blue Farmgirl

96 Posts

ROSE
dover ohio
USA
96 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2015 :  5:37:09 PM  Show Profile
I will be sending mine out tomorrow. I have been busy with a new grand baby.

Rose #5393 Dutch Valley Farmgirl Where rolling hills and buggies you will see.
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7489 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7489 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2015 :  5:40:19 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Congratulations, Rose. Is this your first?

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Go to Top of Page

Denise Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

831 Posts

Denise
Shoreview MN
USA
831 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2015 :  5:47:48 PM  Show Profile
Linda,
I appreciate you hosting this swap. I am really enjoying it. I am interested in any other fabric swaps you want to host.

Rose congrats on the new grand baby!

Denise Ann
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7489 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7489 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2015 :  8:01:11 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Thank you, Denise. I sew a lot, and there are many farmgirls who do also. There are so many projects and quilts that can use "layer cake" fabrics. Marilyn and I talked about it and I said let's give it a try. I'm happy there are so many interested. It's a great way to increase our "themed" fabrics, because often we want to make something for an event or holiday and need multiple designs on the fabric.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Go to Top of Page

proseharley
True Blue Farmgirl

96 Posts

ROSE
dover ohio
USA
96 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2015 :  09:22:45 AM  Show Profile
It's my 12th .got mine sent this morning.

Rose #5393 Dutch Valley Farmgirl Where rolling hills and buggies you will see.
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2015 :  09:53:10 AM  Show Profile
Wow, Rose! 12 dgk's! I would call that heaven! I have 6 and love each one soooo much!

Farmgirl sister #3926

Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2015 :  12:55:58 PM  Show Profile
Mine are out today too.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7489 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7489 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2015 :  3:29:39 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
I received Beverley's squares today.

AND - I received Joyce's fabrics from the online shop. SO - I will cut and put in envelopes and mail tomorrow or Friday. I love everyone's fabrics.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7489 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7489 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2015 :  11:30:11 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Joyce's fabrics are in the envelopes, stamped and sealed. Ready for the PO tomorrow. Wait til you see the Christmas Robins fabric she ordered. Love it!

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Go to Top of Page

mbenton16
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Maryellen
Stanfield North Carolina
USA
206 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2015 :  07:06:51 AM  Show Profile
I am in Florida babysitting. My husband said you have a bunch of farmgirl mails back here in North Carolina! I can't wait to get home and see it all. Thank you ladies. Hugs, Maryellen

Maryellen Benton
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7489 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7489 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2015 :  10:25:26 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Have fun with your babysitting.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2015 :  4:51:09 PM  Show Profile
My granddaughter and I went to our local quilt shop and Wal-Mart today. Sad to say I did not see any new Christmas fabrics that were as pretty as what I have received from all of you. I need to make a short trip to Granbury and see what they have.

TexasGran
www.etsy.com/shop/
anniemayme
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2015 :  1:10:58 PM  Show Profile
Your Christmas fabric arrived today, Diana!! They are soooo pretty! Really sweet prints and shading of the Christmas red and green! Thank you, Diana!!

Farmgirl sister #3926

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 12 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Christmas Fabric Swap Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page