brightmeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

2045 Posts

Brenda
Lucas Ohio
USA
2045 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2006 :  10:04:52 AM  Show Profile
I have been chuckling all week... We watched "Cars" again last weekend and I caught something I didn't catch the first time through.

The lost married couple is wandering through the town consulting a map, and the wife sees the Surplus Outlet and says "Ooooh, surplus!" and the husband says, "We have TOO MUCH surplus...."

I can't stop thinking of this line! My husband thinks I've gone crazy because I'm sitting there knitting and all of a sudden I burst out laughing.

Anyone else have a favorite?

You shall eat the fruit of the labor of your hands - You shall be happy and it shall be well with you. -Psalm 128.2
Visit my blog at http://brightmeadowfarms.blogspot.com ,web site store at http://www.watkinsonline.com/fish or my homepage at http://home.earthlink.net/~brightmeadow

asnedecor
True Blue Farmgirl

1054 Posts

Anne
Portland Or
USA
1054 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2006 :  12:43:08 PM  Show Profile
We just watched a "Wonderful Life" for the 1000th time and my favorite is when George Bailey is at the dance and he is going to dance with Mary and he takes her away from her date - the date says "Hey that is my date" and George says "Oh quit bothering people" and the date apologizes. I think that is funny.

Anne in Portland

"Weeds are flowers too, once you get to know them" Eyeore from Winnie the Pooh
Go to Top of Page

doglady
True Blue Farmgirl

435 Posts

Tina
Howard Ohio
USA
435 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2006 :  3:06:36 PM  Show Profile
I just watched "Gone With The Wind" and I just love these two lines:

but Miss Scarlet, I don't know nothin bout birthin no babies, and
frankly Scarlet, I don't give a damm

I just love that movie!

Tina

The dogs own the house but the people pay the mortgage!
www.kennelcreations.com
Go to Top of Page

OregonGal
True Blue Farmgirl

511 Posts

Chris
No. IL
USA
511 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2006 :  5:50:59 PM  Show Profile
I like from Field of Dreams, when he tells her he doesn't know who it is that's whispering things to him out in the field, and she says, "I hate it when that happens." (I use that line all the time) Or from Superman, when he catches Lois Lane in one arm and the falling helicopter in the other, Superman says, "Don't worry, I've got you." and Lois looks around and then at him and says, "You've got me. Who's got YOU?" So many movies, so many funny lines.....I watch 'em over an over til I practically know all the lines by heart. oh dear. thanks for askin.
Go to Top of Page

susan kate
True Blue Farmgirl

109 Posts

susan
Western Washington
109 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2006 :  6:55:23 PM  Show Profile
"We're on a mission from God."
-Elwood Blues

From the cult classic, "The Blues Brothers."
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2006 :  9:58:18 PM  Show Profile
"You can come and haul away our stock and sell our equipment but when you come to take us off this land you better bring more than a piece of paper cuz We're staying!! -Jewell Ivy (Jessica Lange) in "Country" my very favorite movie. That line brings tears to my eyes every single time. And the rest of my family rolls their eyes..every single time.

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com

Edited by - Aunt Jenny on Dec 03 2006 9:33:18 PM
Go to Top of Page

Horseyrider
True Blue Farmgirl

1045 Posts

Mary Ann
Illinois
1045 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2006 :  04:29:37 AM  Show Profile
One of my favorites is from The Natural. Roy Hobbes is being confronted by the evil Judge, who is trying to get him to throw the playoff game. He's given him $20,000 while Roy was in the hospital, which Roy returned to the Judge. The Judge then asks him, "What do you plan to do?" and Roy says evenly, "To hit away." Such integrity! Gives me goosebumps every time.

Or from Field of Dreams, when Shoeless Joe Jackson asks Ray (Kevin Costner), "Is this heaven?" and Ray replies softly, "No, this is Iowa." It reminds me that we all have a little piece of heaven right here on earth, if we just open our eyes to see it.

Can you tell I like baseball movies?

Or in A Time To Kill, when the young inexperienced lawyer is giving his closing arguments to the jury, and concludes by saying "....Now imagine she was white." Pow! Very moving, and it exposes all our assumptions.

Or in To Kill A Mockingbird, when Walter Cunningham comes to lunch with the Finches, and Scout gets upset and says "But he's dumped syrup all over his dinner!" And Cal, the day help, takes Scout brusquely into the kitchen and says "That boy's your company! If he wants to eat the tablecloth, you let him!" My mom always used to say that it was far worse manners to point out someone else's bad manners. And that poignant scene on the front porch where Atticus hears the children talking about their dead mother: "Was she pretty?" "Yep." And the father quietly sitting in the swing. And again later in the swing, when the sheriff said "If you ask me, Bob Ewell fell on his knife." And in the prologue, where the narrator says "Boo Radley gave us a watch, a spelling medal, some soap dolls, and our lives." I love that sweet little movie. That book is the only one Harper Lee wrote, and she won the Pulitzer for it.

And Dances With Wolves, where he writes "Everything I've been told about these people is wrong." The paradigm shifts, and he sees clearly, without the filter of prejudices.

I could go on....
Go to Top of Page

FlipFlopFarmer
True Blue Farmgirl

198 Posts

Carla
Molalla Oregon
198 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2006 :  2:40:38 PM  Show Profile
Quote from the movie Pratical Magic:

My darling girl, when are you going to understand that "normal" is not necessarily a virtue? It rather denotes a lack of courage.

Live simply.
Love generously.
Care deeply.
Speak kindly.
Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2006 :  3:38:42 PM  Show Profile
from the movie "The American President" w/ Micheal Douglas & Annett Benning. When the president tells her he doesn't want to lose her over an issue and votes on that issue she says, "Mr. President you not only lost me, you lost my vote". Then she walks out. Love that movie & that line.

she selects wool and flax and works with eager hands Prov.31:13
Go to Top of Page

Nance in France
True Blue Farmgirl

1438 Posts

Nancy
St. Laurent de la Salanque
France
1438 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2006 :  08:26:57 AM  Show Profile
I love all of these lines you gals have recited, especially the Practical Magic reference. In the vein of humor, the first one that sprang to mind when I read this thread was in 'When Harry Met Sally'; she's showing him girls CAN fake orgasms and the lady at the next table tells her waiter 'I'll have what she's having'.... too funny. Nance
Go to Top of Page

KitchenWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

98 Posts

Kristina
Santa Fe New Mexico
USA
98 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2006 :  12:32:35 PM  Show Profile  Click to see KitchenWitch's MSN Messenger address
Practical Magic is one of my favorite movies, so it's not surprising that I'd add:

I dream of a love that even time will lie down and be still for.

And from The Abyss:

You have to look with better eyes than those.

And, finally, from Babette's Feast:

Old Martina: [after learning Babette spent 10,000 francs on the dinner] Now you'll be poor for the rest of your life.
Babette: An artist is never poor.

<i><h6>Live deliberately, simply, abundantly. Remind your neighbors how to thrive.</i></h6>
Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2006 :  5:41:37 PM  Show Profile
Nancy thats so funny, my first thought was the movie saturday Night fever when a girl tells him (travolta) "guys like you aren't relationships, your just exercise". Too funny!

she selects wool and flax and works with eager hands Prov.31:13
Go to Top of Page

lavender gal
True Blue Farmgirl

64 Posts

grace
wantagh ny
USA
64 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2006 :  6:00:21 PM  Show Profile
"Leave the gun, take the cannoli's" - albiet that it is being said at murder scene - this man has priorities!

Gal

"Don't Sweat the Small Stuff"
Go to Top of Page

Niamh
True Blue Farmgirl

140 Posts

Idaho
140 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2006 :  6:15:15 PM  Show Profile  Send Niamh a Yahoo! Message
Hmmm...Pretty much anything from Monty Python's "Life of Brian".

Or the mud peasant in Monty Python's "Search for the Holy Grail". I love his diatribe about kings. Or when the villagers want to burn a witch and are asked how they know she's a witch...VILLAGER #3: Well, she turned me into a newt. BEDEMIR: A newt? VILLAGER #3: I got better.

Cracks me up every time.

I should have classier favorite lines like you ladies!
Go to Top of Page

Anastasia
True Blue Farmgirl

56 Posts

Anastasia
Telkwa BC
Canada
56 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2006 :  6:15:52 PM  Show Profile
"It's not the age, it's the mileage." Indiana Jones in "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

"Speciality is for insects." -Robert Heinlen
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2006 :  7:38:56 PM  Show Profile
Or in The Princess Bride..."I've been mostly dead all day".

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

mommom
True Blue Farmgirl

854 Posts

Susan
Lancaster Pennsylvania
USA
854 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2006 :  09:41:45 AM  Show Profile
My movie is "In the Spirit" when it says, "Hers is a faith unenlightened by Judgement." And then there's Cars, at the end when the couple is still lost and the woman says, "For the love of Chrysler......." . I absolutely love the movie Country, too, and the line mentioned in the above from Aunt Jenny. Flip FlopFarmer also quoted another one of my favs from Practical Magic. How about Jerry Maguire when Renee said "You had me from hello!" I just love movies! Susan
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Favorite movie lines? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page