Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 what cha' got planned for sunday?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic what cha' got planned for sunday? Next Topic  

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2006 :  6:38:24 PM  Show Profile
i still have some garden winterizing to do .. and we're clearing out the barn cuz' tomorrow our 'crew' is coming to see what we want done to the barn .. we're going to have interior walls (rustic boards) put in .. same for the ceiling .. i think i talked honey hunk into building some 'cupboards' rather than 'shelves' to put 'stuff' on! out of SIGHT! he also wants a couple more windows in the barn .. i swear .. the man could live in a glass house and be happy!

will get pizza for our 'crew' .. have too much 'housework' to do after being gone for three weeks to conjure up much of a supper!

what you kids have planned for sunday?

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

vintagechica
True Blue Farmgirl

438 Posts

Eren
Poolville TX
USA
438 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2006 :  6:47:02 PM  Show Profile
Finishing the Christmas decorating and a trip to the fabric store for some supplies for the apron swap and a few Christmas decorations I want to make. Have a great rest of the weekend everyone!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
A sure way to avoid housework...live outdoors.

www.vintagechica.typepad.com
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2006 :  7:02:01 PM  Show Profile
Church in the AM then coming home to some Turkey Pot Pie for lunch. Probably will clean up the rest of the thanksgiving mess, parcel out leftovers to the dogs and just relax on my last day of 'vacation' before I go back to teaching on monday. I know on monday morning it wont feel like i had any time off but I have really enjoyed this little break. Sometimes I don't realize how stressed out I get until I have a few days away from it all.

Eren - I like your quote at the bottom! CUTE!

Jewelry, art, baskets, etc.

www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

vintagechica
True Blue Farmgirl

438 Posts

Eren
Poolville TX
USA
438 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2006 :  7:21:40 PM  Show Profile
Thanks, it just seems to be my mantra these days...gotta get these boys outside or they keep making more work around here for me, LOL!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
A sure way to avoid housework...live outdoors.

www.vintagechica.typepad.com
Go to Top of Page

Nicie
True Blue Farmgirl

185 Posts

Denise
Lincoln NE
USA
185 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2006 :  7:38:13 PM  Show Profile
One more trip to Lincoln. We got to take our daughter,Caitlin, back to school tomorrow and we will stop and see our son, Ben.
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2006 :  10:19:23 PM  Show Profile
gonna start my Christmas decorating and putting up the tree tomorrow with my kids and hubby

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2006 :  10:26:20 PM  Show Profile
I've had my 2 grandboys (8 & 6) since Thanksgiving so.....If we still have snow its out to play, if not we will try to clean up and maybe move some hay around in the barn and then after lunch their mom will be here and it will be time to sit back and relax. Whew!!!

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com

"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2006 :  04:42:22 AM  Show Profile
Church first then we come home to decorate the tree. when that is finished I will work somemore on my Christmas sewing projects while DH watches football. I will savor the last day of my vacation...back to work tomorrow!

...she is far more precious than jewels and her value is far above rubies or pearls.
Prov 31:10
www.beequilting.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2006 :  05:01:28 AM  Show Profile
Hoping to do more outdoors work today -- I put in lots of orphaned pansies yesterday and need to finish up some raking and cutting down of the perennials.

I'm still working on the big Christmas display for my client. She has cement urns (painted) at her front door and those are always the most difficult to make special and 'big' enough for max impact. They are tall but not tall enough, and not very broad. So I stack two 18" grapevine wreaths atop each one and that allows room to slip a plastic flower pot inside -- bringing the height up and also I can prep the displays here in the plastic pot, using all my greens, pods, chinaberries, etc., and then just drive up and pop them in the cement urn. I need to paint the wreaths white, maybe glitter them a bit, and get the arrangements done. I found some wonderful glittered snowflakes and want to afix some of them to the wreaths and put some on silver wire so they can 'dance' in the arrangement of greens.

Forgive me -- I do go on. Sometimes I feel like I'm just blurting out all the plans that are in my head! So -- short version: Will work on outdoors here and then do the arrangements for client. We hung all the cedar garland there yesterday and put the lights on timers -- it looks fantastic!
Go to Top of Page

Horseyrider
True Blue Farmgirl

1045 Posts

Mary Ann
Illinois
1045 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2006 :  06:31:08 AM  Show Profile
Let's see.... Going to help hubby split some logs and stack them. The garden is already put to bed, but I might spread some manure on it through the winter to till in in spring.

I want to clip some of that goat hair under my young Friesian's jaw, but that puts a lot of coarse hair down my sleeves and shirt, and makes me itch until I change clothes and shower. I'd like to ride my bay gelding through the woods if there's time, and there aren't any deer hunters down there. I need to go through tails with some slippery stuff, so they don't pick up any mud in the days ahead. It helps a lot to retain hairs.

I'll also be making some turkey barley soup on the stove.

And Katie-ell, go ahead and blurt! It sounds beautiful, and like a great way to show your creativity.
Go to Top of Page

berries
True Blue Farmgirl

475 Posts

gloria g
Florida
USA
475 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2006 :  06:51:09 AM  Show Profile
My son and family left, and I have taken a cold, so I will just piddle around, picking up, doing some laundry, resting, dishes, then maybe sew on a quilt - depends on how I feel, and rest! Yep, did I say rest. I have been so sleepy with this head cold. But I do have oh so many quilts to do I have to get to work. Enjoy your Sunday girls!

farmgirl hugs, gloria g. Richards, TX

strawberry fields forever and ever!

www.strawberryhousequilting.com
Go to Top of Page

brightmeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

2045 Posts

Brenda
Lucas Ohio
USA
2045 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2006 :  09:37:48 AM  Show Profile
We went to church this morning, then out to breakfast, then to my parent's house. Looked at their old barn that is falling down and trying to decide the best thing to do with it - I am thinking of leasing the land from my dad and putting up a greenhouse, but it would be a LOT of labor to tear down that old barn...

Since we got home, I put on some leftover turkey, went to the garden and pulled up some carrots, and am making turkey noodle soup. Now I am knitting socks. I have done 3 socks this weekend on my machine and have started on the fourth, plus last night I started a pair handknitting while watching TV with my hubby.

You shall eat the fruit of the labor of your hands - You shall be happy and it shall be well with you. -Psalm 128.2
Visit my blog at http://brightmeadowfarms.blogspot.com ,web site store at http://www.watkinsonline.com/fish or my homepage at http://home.earthlink.net/~brightmeadow

Edited by - brightmeadow on Nov 26 2006 09:42:10 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic what cha' got planned for sunday? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page