Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Parenting & Farm Kids
 Grandpa's Little Helper...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic Grandpa's Little Helper... Next Topic  

TheSoapMaven
True Blue Farmgirl

691 Posts

Susan
LA
USA
691 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2006 :  06:24:58 AM  Show Profile  Send TheSoapMaven a Yahoo! Message
Our little grandson Sam came to stay a week with us and during that time, Jerry retiled the tops of my cabinets and had to set the dishwasher back in...he had a little help!

Susan
Proprietress of Dahlem's Soapworks http://www.thesoapmaven.com

Horseyrider
True Blue Farmgirl

1045 Posts

Mary Ann
Illinois
1045 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2006 :  06:58:18 AM  Show Profile
Oh, what sweet pics! This is how little ones learn, by watching their grownups. I bet my dad has no recollection of explaining to me why paint is applied in spray patterns like it is, or how to pull the brush through the paint properly. I was very young, but I remembered; and every time I paint I think of him.

Your husband's a good guy to allow the little one in such close quarters while he's working. Your grandson will learn a great deal from him in time.
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2006 :  07:58:34 AM  Show Profile
What great pictures. How fortunate for both Grandpa and Grandson to be able to be together like this. My husband was a mechanic and his daughters were his gophers and they loved working with him. Unfortunately for his two youngest grandsons he has had a stroke and is either in bed or in a wheelchair. They are so good with him tho. they think it is there duty to make sure Papa is ok and has whatever he needs. Children can be so knowing.

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com

"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2006 :  10:40:57 AM  Show Profile
I think it is so neat to see kids helping like that. I remember loving following my "Pappy" around. He loved animals and always had quite a few...I KNOW that is where I got my animal thing..since both my parents are "one dog" people. Pappy raised chickens, guineas, pheasants and always had horses, including ponies for us when we were little and had pigs we raised together, drop calves we raised to weaning age to sell, and sometimes a steer or milk cow. He had a dairy farm when my mom was growing up and I feel like she was so lucky to grow up like that. ( she dosn't share my enthusiasm for cows)
My grown boys learned to work on cars from my dad by following him around. They also learned about fishing and hunting from him. MaryBeth..your grandkids are learning compassion..how great is that?

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2006 :  10:28:31 PM  Show Profile
awww how precious.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2006 :  05:01:03 AM  Show Profile
That is sweet!

...she is far more precious than jewels and her value is far above rubies or pearls.
Prov 31:10
www.beequilting.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic Grandpa's Little Helper... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page