Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2006 :  08:14:04 AM  Show Profile
This isn't a complaunt mind you, just a little something that maybe someone else has to deal with.

Here in NC it has rained HARD for nearly 24 hours.

We needed this badly, however when we get this much too fast it causes the septic to do weird things. No backed up sewage thank goodness, just some bubbling in the bowl. Sounds kind of funny and will take you by surprize if you aren't used to it.

But all this means we can't use the facilities and must resort to other backwoods methods. Times like these, and one of those compostable toilets would really hit the spot!

But no, this particular item will not grace my Christmas list.

For once I'm kind of glad to be at work...even if it is raining

summerbreeze
True Blue Farmgirl

277 Posts

Laura
WA
USA
277 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2006 :  08:37:27 AM  Show Profile
It has rained non stop here. We have had terrible flooding. We just broker the record for the second wettest month ever and the most rain for November.

Big problems with septic and well water. Luckily my septic is still working. We have had entire towns cut off from flood waters. Hopefully the flooding is over.

Yikes, sorry to hear about the septic.

Laura

You only live once,if you do it right once is enough.
Go to Top of Page

Nicie
True Blue Farmgirl

185 Posts

Denise
Lincoln NE
USA
185 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2006 :  09:40:23 AM  Show Profile
Well, The sun is shining here in Nebraska and I have clothes on the line well sheets but I think that they will dry today.

Denise
Go to Top of Page

Anastasia
True Blue Farmgirl

56 Posts

Anastasia
Telkwa BC
Canada
56 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2006 :  09:53:45 AM  Show Profile
We've got snow...again. :) After an incredibly dry summer, the moisture would have been welcome but the snow isn't helping much. And to think all us folks around here have been 'noticing' the lack of snow for the past four years! We even had a green Christmas two years ago! Unheard of. I'll be thinking of you everytime I pass my scuba gear... ;)

Good luck!

Cheers,
Anastasia :)

"Speciality is for insects." -Robert Heinlen
Go to Top of Page

MsCwick
True Blue Farmgirl

775 Posts

Cristine
Farmville Virginia
USA
775 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2006 :  9:59:02 PM  Show Profile
I feel your situation Anna. I'm just north of you here in Virginia, and we're have horrible wind and rain today. Our power flickered a few times this morning, and I feel so bad only one of my horses has a blanket!! I think we've gotten about 3-4 inches in 24 hours, so that wasn't counting the sleet we got yesterday afternoon. I love dreary weather though because it keeps my husband home ;) <--sly girl! I have three baskets of laundry waiting by the door to go out tomorrow. Every now and again I think about having a dryer, but I would never have one again. Who ever said that keeping house was easy? I like to hang the important things by the woodstove anyways.
Tomorrow should be sun for you, rain for us in the morning.
Go to Top of Page

garliclady
True Blue Farmgirl

274 Posts

Reidsville NC
274 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2006 :  05:25:47 AM  Show Profile
Rain! We have had way too much in the last month or so . We are still trying to get all our garlic in the ground!(we have planted 150 # of about 550#) We had plan to spend Thanksgiving weekend planting and now it is way to wet.We had rain part of Tuesday and all day Wed, It is still cloudy here I am about half way between You Anna and Cristine. The only thing I was supposed to bring for thanksgiving dinner at my nieces house is salad. I had to go out in the COLD rain and pick lettuce ,spinach, arugala,
wintercress, baby kale ,carrots, radishes , carrots, and mushrooms.

My Farm http://home.bellsouth.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=16&ext=1&groupid=140532&ck=
My Recipes http://recipecircus.com/recipes/garliclady/
]
My blog http://www.epicourier.com/Garliclady/
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic rain rain..... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page