melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3317 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3317 Posts

Posted - May 21 2015 :  4:59:32 PM  Show Profile
Just found out my youngest has been accepted to attend Belmont University in Nashville. I am very pleased!

Looks like it will just be me and my hubby this fall knocking around this old boat of a house---It's going to feel kinda strange.

Any advice for soon to be "empty-nesters?"

Melody

Edited by - melody on May 22 2015 06:36:08 AM

AFinkberry
True Blue Farmgirl

310 Posts

Ally
Kalama Washington
310 Posts

Posted - May 21 2015 :  9:14:44 PM  Show Profile
No, we are still at that pre-tween stage and can't wait till he's gone! I'd say party, but I know I'd feel differently when my dude is grown up and flying the coop! Maybe you can pick a hobby to do with your hubby!

Ally
Farmgirl Sister #5672

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness." ~His Holiness the Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

Song Sparrow
True Blue Farmgirl

1010 Posts

Amy
Talleyville Delaware
USA
1010 Posts

Posted - May 22 2015 :  05:07:53 AM  Show Profile
I only have one child and raised her on my own from the time she was 2, so I had a bit of a struggle with empty nesting when she went to college. I did two things that really helped me. I planned a big needlework project, I mean big, I'm still working on it and she's 35! And I focused on doing more volunteer benefits (I'm a musician). Both things gave me something to focus on besides thinking about how much I missed my daughter, and worrying! As it turned out, she was one of those "revolving door" kids and came back a few times! Congratulations to your son and to you for raising him! Now's the time for you to rediscover your wonderful self!

Peace in our hearts, peace in the world
Amy (Sister#6098) www.danaherandcloud.com

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Belmont Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page