Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Pretty In Pastel Swap:PARTNERS POSTED!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Pretty In Pastel Swap:PARTNERS POSTED!!! Next Topic
Page: of 2

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2015 :  8:37:56 PM  Show Profile
Hey Girls!!!

I love anything and everything in pastel colors and usuallyGi think of them especially during the Spring and Summer seasons...

If there is enough interest I would like to do a swap where we would gather things in beautiful pastel colors to exchange with our partner:):):)The ideas are endless!!!

Since we have an uneven number of ladies to sign up for the swap...I will have 2 partners...

PARTNERS AS FOLLOWS:

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan - GiGi58
wildflower - Sunkissedpeach
modernpioneermama76 - 36paws20hooves
Ladbek9756 - Bev
momof2jrt - wildflower17

Signups end Friday...April 24th...
Partners posted by Sunday...April 26th...
Mail out packages by Monday...May 4th...

Some ideas are pretty pastel dishtowels with birds, butterflies or flowers, floral stationery, teacups and saucer, birdhouses, wreathes, photo boxes, tart warmers, angels, ceramics, candles, mugs...anything with beautiful pastel colors...

I hope there is enough interest to do the swap:):):)

Hugs!

Judy

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"...

"Country Girl at Heart...Blessed Beyond Measure"!!!

Farm Girl #5440
Farm Girl of The Month September 2013

Edited by - wildflower17 on Apr 26 2015 7:57:45 PM

GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1414 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1414 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2015 :  3:31:01 PM  Show Profile
I think this would be a neat idea! I'd love to hear more about it :)

Joyce Hein
Farmgirl Sister #6071
Go to Top of Page

modernpioneermama76
Farmgirl in Training

40 Posts

Rebecca
Cavour South Dakota
USA
40 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2015 :  5:19:27 PM  Show Profile
What kind of things are you interested in swapping? I have a 3 year old daughter and sew a lot of clothing for her and her dolls, so I have a lot of pastel colored fabric scraps. What about pastel quilt block kits and directions for making the quilt blocks? Depending on the number of Farmgirls who sign up we could make wall or doll quilts or a baby quilts for someone and give as gifts then share pictures?

This would be my first swap to participate in.

Farm Families Forevermore
Go to Top of Page

Bev
Farmgirl in Training

29 Posts

Beverly
Nixa MO
USA
29 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2015 :  07:58:50 AM  Show Profile
I'm interested! Pastels are my thing too...this could be VERY fun..

Bev.

.......because nice matters.
Go to Top of Page

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2015 :  08:44:36 AM  Show Profile

Rebecca...Thanks for your interest as this is your first swap...thank you for sharing your ideas also...in this swap we have one partner and send them anything we like as long as it's keeping with the theme of "pastels":):):)As you probably read...I have listed several ideas of possible pastel items to exchange...so you choose what you would like to send:):):)

Bev...Welcome to the fun and thanks for joining the swap:):):)

Hugs!

Judy

Farm Girl #5440
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2015 :  09:32:01 AM  Show Profile
Color me "in," please! I love pastels, too, and since this is a wide-open category, it ought to really be fun, fun, fun!

Farmgirl #6318
"Where there's a will -- there's probably a family fight."
Go to Top of Page

momof2jrt
True Blue Farmgirl

194 Posts

Denise
grafton wv
USA
194 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2015 :  05:06:13 AM  Show Profile
I am in I love spring and pastels

I love jack russells
Go to Top of Page

modernpioneermama76
Farmgirl in Training

40 Posts

Rebecca
Cavour South Dakota
USA
40 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2015 :  08:43:22 AM  Show Profile
When are we getting our exchange partners? Just curious. I found a gorgeous pink tea cup and saucer from a local historical site yesterday at our local thrift shop while looking for a bike helmet and training wheels for my daughter's Easter gift... also found her an Easter dress and several pairs for shorts for my sons... weather is finally beginning to warm up here... hope we get some rain soon as it's very dry. I am also working on a pastel embroidery project, but don't know if I will finish that in time.

Farm Families Forevermore
Go to Top of Page

Sunkissedpeach
Farmgirl in Training

16 Posts

Sheena
Powder springs Ga
USA
16 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2015 :  5:05:41 PM  Show Profile
This sounds like so much fun! May I please be included in a this swap. ~ Sheena

To thine own self be true
Go to Top of Page

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2015 :  6:34:17 PM  Show Profile

Marilyn...Denise...and Sheena thanks for joining the fun...Rebecca...Partners will be posted on Sunday...April 26th...

Hugs!

Judy

Farm Girl #5440
Go to Top of Page

36paws20hooves
True Blue Farmgirl

161 Posts

Danielle
Weirsdale Florida
USA
161 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2015 :  7:34:31 PM  Show Profile
Count me in! I love BRIGHT colors! ANYTHING pink and if it just happens to have glitter... ha! That's just icing on the cupcake baby!I don't mind the pastels either... what a great swap to get me back in the game. This will be my first swap in a LOOOOOOOONG time. Just getting back to my MaryJane family after too long away. Heck! I even had to email them to get help with my password and username
quote:
Originally posted by wildflower17

Hey Girls!!!

I love anything and everything in pastel colors and usually think of them especially during the Spring and Summer seasons...

If there is enough interest I would like to do a swap where we would gather things in beautiful pastel colors to exchange with our partner:):):)The ideas are endless!!!

Signups end Friday...April 24th...
Partners posted by Sunday...April 26th...
Mail out packages by Monday...May 4th...

Some ideas are pretty pastel dishtowels with birds, butterflies or flowers, floral stationery, teacups and saucer, birdhouses, wreathes, photo boxes, tart warmers, angels, ceramics, candles, mugs...anything with beautiful pastel colors...

I hope there is enough interest to do the swap:):):)

Hugs!

Judy

Farm Girl #5440

I'm so busy I don't know if I just found a rope or lost my horse!

Edited by - 36paws20hooves on Apr 02 2015 7:36:01 PM
Go to Top of Page

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2015 :  8:08:46 PM  Show Profile

Welcome to the fun Danielle:):):)

Hugs!

Judy

Farm Girl #5440
Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2015 :  5:07:10 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
Okay, I'm in. In looking over my schedule, school is out by the 30th and I already have a few pastels things done. This is going to be a great swap.
Becky

May the stars carry your sadness away. May the flowers fill your heart with beauty, and may hope forever wipe away your tears.
Go to Top of Page

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2015 :  5:08:13 PM  Show Profile

So happy you joined the fun Becky:):):)

Hugs!

Judy

Farm Girl #5440
Go to Top of Page

GiGi58
True Blue Farmgirl

71 Posts

Gayle
Billings Montana
USA
71 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2015 :  10:44:36 AM  Show Profile
Hello everyone! It is good to be back on MaryJane's Farm forum and website. It has been a LONGGGGGG Time! And, I have missed being here.As happens at times, life stepped in and took over. I have been the caregiver to my older sister (she passed away from colon cancer), my younger sister (she is now in an assisted living home, and last but absolutely not least, my sweet Mama (she passed away on February 3). It was a great blessing that I got to be their caregiver during that time, but mostly my Mom. What a joy she was and I miss her terribly.

So, when I got back on MaryJane's Farm Connection, I felt at home one more time. And, then I started looking to see if there was a swap I could join in. So, of course, I came across this one. I absolutely love Spring and the newness of it and the brightness of new life in so many ways.

So, with that said, I would love to be a part of this group! Pastels give me so much peace and comfort,but I also love ALL colors. There is just something about Spring and pastel colors that soften my heart and my life.

I would love to be a part of this group and am anxious to get started on a box for my partner (that is, if I am accepted into the group). :) I took a picture or two of my crab apple tree and will post it here to maybe give each one of you a bright and cheery day.

{{HUGS}} All Around!!

Gayle

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. - Mark Twain"
http://gigisdenofuniquewitty.blogspot.com/
Farmgirl Sisterhood #198
Go to Top of Page

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2015 :  3:24:32 PM  Show Profile

Gayle...You are more than welcome to join my ever growing list of farm girls!!!Hope you enjoy the swap:):):)

Hugs!

Judy

Farm Girl #5440
Go to Top of Page

GiGi58
True Blue Farmgirl

71 Posts

Gayle
Billings Montana
USA
71 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2015 :  08:19:48 AM  Show Profile
Judy, thank you so much!! I do look forward to participating in this Swap and getting to know all of the other Farm Girl Sisters in the meantime. Have a GREAT day!!!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. - Mark Twain"
Farmgirl Sisterhood #198
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2015 :  07:20:46 AM  Show Profile
Welcome back, GiGi. Sounds like you have had a busy time. I hope you are letting your heart heal for a while. I am looking forward to this swap as well.

Farmgirl #6318
Go to Top of Page

GiGi58
True Blue Farmgirl

71 Posts

Gayle
Billings Montana
USA
71 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2015 :  2:29:16 PM  Show Profile
Hi, Marilyn! Thank you for the warm welcome. I am so glad to be back among people who I feel a kinship to. Since losing my sweet Mama a couple of months ago, now, I have not been able to function much and decided I needed to get back into the groove (so to speak), and I remember how wonderful MaryJane's Farm was, so here I am!! I already feel a sense of love and acceptance and can place my interests in doing things to keep my mind and hands busy. That's not to say I don't still miss Mom (I miss her more and more everyday and feel so lost and empty without her), but she would want me to carry on her love of the country (so to speak) and her love of crafts. She was the original, I think, Queen of recycle and of crafting, so this is one way I can keep her memory alive and going. Thanks, again. Sorry for the long rant and rave. I just feel pretty good right now, especially with your sweet note to me. Thank you so much!! Have a great day and I look forward to being a part of this Swap! What fun and Spring is my most favorite time of the year (although, we just had snow night before last, which caused some of the pink and white blossoms to fall off the crab apple tree), but we sure needed the moisture, so I was definitely glad for that and today, it is back up in the 60's. Go figure. I guess that is what they mean by Springtime in the Rockies. Ha, ha!!! Enjoy your day!!

Farmgirl Sisterhood #198
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2015 :  07:20:13 AM  Show Profile
"When it's springtime innnnnnn the Rockies..." I remember my folks singing that! They sang on the radio back in Indiana before I was born and then after they retired and started wintering in Arizona, they joined a little dance band. My dad learned to play rhythm guitar and my mother was the "girl" singer. They retired very young, so they were just in their early 60s at the time and were considered quite the kids in their little community in the desert. They have sure enjoyed a wonderful long retirement -- in their early 80s now and beginning to slow down physically (and my mother -- mentally) but they are still known to break into song around the house or wherever at exactly the same moment. Music is so full of love for our family.

Everything is popping into bloom here, so we are enjoying more pastels every day! On my walk this morning, I stuck my face into the damp blooms of a Royal Star magnolia that is in full bloom across the street from the shop -- just heavenly. I know people probably watch me on my morning mile and think I'm nutso, but I have to stop and smell anything that's blooming. No wonder my nose is running and I keep having sneezy fits. There's a little apartment on the ground floor back of a business building uptown -- sits right on the sidewalk, but they have a little chair and a tiny table sitting under the overhang next to the door. They have put a pot of bright purple hyacinths there and it makes the whole spot a little garden -- lovely fragrance. Everything around them is parking lot and asphalt, but the aroma right there is a delight.

I should be paying attention to work, but there is absolutely NOTHING going on here this morning. Probably a few people coming in to make their loan payments later, but right now it is just me and my coffee cup. Mmmmm

Farmgirl #6318
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2015 :  06:33:23 AM  Show Profile
Getting very excited about this swap. I went to the cutest little country shopping center yesterday and picked up a couple of nice little swap-worthy items. I need to stop myself!!! Hope everyone else is enjoying spring as much as I am -- it is lovely here.

Farmgirl #6318
Go to Top of Page

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2015 :  07:38:52 AM  Show Profile

So happy to hear the excitement about the swap:):):)

Hugs!

Judy

Farm Girl #5440
Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2015 :  8:16:00 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
Sent Bev an email.

May the stars carry your sadness away. May the flowers fill your heart with beauty, and may hope forever wipe away your tears.
Go to Top of Page

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2015 :  8:17:44 PM  Show Profile

Sent both my partners an email:):):)

Hugs!

Judy

Farm Girl #5440
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - May 01 2015 :  06:16:09 AM  Show Profile
I sent my partner an e-mail but I haven't heard back from her! Eeek. I would like to get her things mailed out. GiGi -- are you out there???

Farmgirl #6318
Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - May 01 2015 :  11:43:48 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
I also have not heard from my partner. Sent her an email the day partners were posted.

Becky

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Pretty In Pastel Swap:PARTNERS POSTED!!! Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page