Printer Friendly
Author Entrepreneurship: Previous Topic Hooray I did it! Next Topic  

Lizabeth
True Blue Farmgirl

560 Posts

Washington
560 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2006 :  4:06:07 PM  Show Profile
I decided 3 weeks ago to participate in a one day craft sale, at the hospital where I work on-call. It was my first bazaar and I was apprehensive about taking on such a challenge with a small time to prepare. I canned about 35 jars of MJB's pie filling, a dozen of apple butter, stamped and made 50 christmas cards, put together several gift baskets, and sewed a christmas scrub top (my mother-in-law also sewed a couple of these).
I sold everything! My husband was delighted I not only "broke even" but made a little profit
This was an incredible encouragement. I have definitely caught the bazaar bug; there are two more sales at the hospital (one in the spring and one in the summer) and, too, I will spend this coming year preparing for next year's holiday bazaar season. maybe I could do three or four sales!
Thank you to everyone who writes on this website. I have drawn such inspiration and strength from all a y'all's dedication to family and home arts. I now think it truly is possible to be a succesful wife and mother, while having a creative business.

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2006 :  4:09:28 PM  Show Profile
LIZ
GOOD FOR YOU, WOW, YOU TOOK A LOT OF STUFF TO THIS SALE, AND SOLD IT ALL??? I CAN SEE NOW THAT YOU WILL BE BUSY FOR THE NEXT ONE.
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2006 :  4:12:25 PM  Show Profile
Wow, good for you. I am worn out just thinking of all you did in a short time. Church and/or school bazaars are a great place to get started also. More power to you.

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com

"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

Lizabeth
True Blue Farmgirl

560 Posts

Washington
560 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2006 :  4:17:56 PM  Show Profile
Yes, I think it was my overachieving nature to give myself such a short time frame. Add to preparing all this taking care of my 10 month old son. He has now figured out how to toddle everywhere, so I was beside myself trying to keep him bemused/occupied, but not crumpling newly finished cards or sticking himself with pins ;)
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2006 :  6:26:08 PM  Show Profile
You go girl!! that is just wonderful!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2006 :  7:52:32 PM  Show Profile
Liz -- how wonderful!!! Good for you! That's always a wonderful feeling.

Handmade delights at www.rusticcottagecreations.com

Visit my blog! http://rusticcottage.blogspot.com/

The Clark County Farmgirls have a blog! http://thefarmgirls.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2006 :  09:20:08 AM  Show Profile
Liz,

That is so great. It is so satisfying when you can create and have others appreciate what you've done. You go girl!

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

Nance in France
True Blue Farmgirl

1438 Posts

Nancy
St. Laurent de la Salanque
France
1438 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2006 :  09:32:29 AM  Show Profile
Lizabeth, I am so excited for you! What a thrill to see your creations snatched up. High five! Nance
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2006 :  11:49:25 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Congratulations, Liz! That's wonderful. Give yourself a huge pat on the back! :)

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?" - 'Brother Dave' Gardner
Go to Top of Page

Lizabeth
True Blue Farmgirl

560 Posts

Washington
560 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2006 :  5:39:51 PM  Show Profile
Thank you all for your support and blessings!
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2006 :  9:24:17 PM  Show Profile
Liz - that is so great! I just love to hear of farmgirl successes like yours - I get so much inspiration from all the gals here, too. I'm sure the people who purchased your things will be glad to hear that you're interested in doing it more - they just sound both darling AND delicious!

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page
  Entrepreneurship: Previous Topic Hooray I did it! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page