Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Just a quick prayer.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Just a quick prayer. Next Topic  

AFinkberry
True Blue Farmgirl

310 Posts

Ally
Kalama Washington
310 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2015 :  8:08:02 PM  Show Profile
Good evening ladies!
Thank you all so much for your prayers and healing thoughts for my relative! She is doing so much better and is home with her new baby!
May I ask for prayers for my self this time?
Hubby and I are having a difficult time financially. We are uninsured and under the ACA/"ObamaCare" we would have to pay $800 dollars a month to have measly coverage. I understand that we'd see it returned to us in a tax refund, but we just don't have it in the first place. Today, we had to take our youngest to the doctor to test for pertussis. We pay out of pocket, which isn't bad when we only have to see one doctor once, maybe twice a year. But today, we had to pay for an office visit to a separate clinic that administered the test, in addition to our PCP this coming week to go over the results of the test, and now I just found out that the lab that is doing the test bills separately, so what I paid today for an office visit just to swab my son's nose, didn't even cover the cost of the test! I just paid $140 for a PA to stick a long q-tip up my son's nose and send it off to a lab that will eventually bill me $240 to tell my if my son's cough is whooping cough, and if it's ok for him to go back to preschool.
Now, I've been trying to budget using a system similar to the method Dave Ramsey advocates. Before my niece and nephew came to stay with us, I had done well. We had a nice, albeit small, cushion saved up for these kinds of situations. Well, we pretty much spent everything I had manage to save on the care of my brother's kids. And now here we are, feeling the squeeze financially. It's going to take us a while to get back on our feet!
I would really appreciate any prayers for peace and maybe for my Husband to get a raise that is four years overdue!
Thank you in advance, Sisters!

Ally
Farmgirl Sister #5672

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness." ~His Holiness the Dalai Lama

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2015 :  06:40:30 AM  Show Profile

Ally...You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers...times seem to be so hard these days...but we must keep looking to God knowing that He knows everything that is going on in our lives...I do pray for your husband to get a pay raise and for peace of mind for you...and that God will work things out for you in a way that will amaze you:):):)

Hugs!

Judy

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"...

"Country Girl at Heart...Blessed Beyond Measure"!!!

Farm Girl #5440
Farm Girl of The Month September 2013
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2015 :  12:42:16 PM  Show Profile
Ally, prayers to you and your family. Hugs.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2015 :  1:40:41 PM  Show Profile
Many many prayers coming your way!!!!

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2015 :  10:36:49 AM  Show Profile
Praying!

Susan

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?"
Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

626 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
626 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2015 :  3:15:17 PM  Show Profile
Praying you and your family Ally.

Erin
Farmgirl #3762

"It is... through the world of the imagination which takes us beyond the restrictions of provable fact, that we touch the hem of truth." - Madeleine L'Engle

http://www.etsy.com/shop/femmepostale/
http://www.pinterest.com/femmepostale/
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13617 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13617 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2015 :  1:33:29 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Ally,
Praying for you and your family!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

auntsmelly
True Blue Farmgirl

559 Posts

Jenny
Pitman NJ
USA
559 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2015 :  5:32:44 PM  Show Profile
praying for you, your family and your financial situation.
God always provides.

God has a bigger plan for me than I have for myself.
Jenny,
Blessed Farmgirl #4359
FGOM October 2013
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2015 :  12:38:37 PM  Show Profile
Ally,
My prayers are with you! Does Washington have a state insurance program? Minnesota has something called MinnesotaCare for people with limited income that supplements insurance costs. The money you had saved was put to good use, so lucky you had it when it was needed! You did it before you can do it again!

Susan

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?"
Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7582 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7582 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2015 :  1:36:57 PM  Show Profile
God will make a way, but in the meantime, you have my prayers for your finances that things will get better and maybe the medical system will realize what is not working,

Prayers going up for you all right now!

Blessings
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page
  Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Just a quick prayer. Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page