Author Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Greendimes Next Topic  

bohemiangel
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Bridget
Ligonier pa
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2006 :  07:18:08 AM  Show Profile  Send bohemiangel an AOL message  Click to see bohemiangel's MSN Messenger address  Send bohemiangel a Yahoo! Message
http://www.greendimes.com/index.html?src=mkt&partner=idealbite1106

This website was listed and explained in my Ideal Bite newsletter that I receive through email. They have "Green" tips and natural/organic products ideas. I love it...I highly recommend subscribing to the Ideal Bite...it's free and loaded with info. But this is a site that will: Almost, according to the GreenDimes school of thought. The concept is simple: for a dime a day, the company will stop your paper junk mail and plant a tree for you each month. So, for the cost of fishing between your couch cushions every once in a while, you get the pleasure of avoiding paper spam while making the air and waterways a little cleaner for all of us. Considering that collectively in the US, one year's junk mail could fill 420,000 dump trucks, it's worth collecting those dimes."

Why care?"In its first month, GreenDimes stopped 3,220 lbs of junk mail and saved 11,272 gallons of water.
In that same month, the company planted more than 4,000 trees with the non-profit Trees for the Future.
Protects your identity. Getting off junk mail lists reduces the chances of someone stealing it.
Contacts more direct mail companies than other services, making sure you'll receive a lot fewer catalog and credit card offers.
Saves you the hassle of doing it yourself.
Uses recycled paper at their HQ.
Their gift memberships make prime holiday presents."

Just thought I'd share that...sorry if this is NOT in the correct place to put it..I thought it has to do with home business so...

"... to thine ownself be true."

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2006 :  8:59:33 PM  Show Profile
That is really an interesting idea, Bridget - I'm off to check out the website! Thanks for the information!

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

Nance in France
True Blue Farmgirl

1438 Posts

Nancy
St. Laurent de la Salanque
France
1438 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2006 :  07:54:14 AM  Show Profile
What a great service they provide. Thanks for sharing it with us, Bridget!! Nance
Go to Top of Page
  Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Greendimes Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page