Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Garden Gate
 Planting/Sowing In the Gardens has Begun
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Garden Gate: Previous Topic Planting/Sowing In the Gardens has Begun Next Topic
Page: of 2

Catherine
True Blue Farmgirl

166 Posts

Catherine Ann
Temple TX
USA
166 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2015 :  2:21:49 PM  Show Profile
Sara,
Parsley is slow to germinate.
I planted seeds around the edge of a pot of violas in late fall. It took so long that I decided the seed was old and wasn't going to grow. One day I saw a few tiny parsley leaves in there, and now it is growing well.
Don't give up!
:)
Blessings,
Catherine Ann

www.lovecatherineann.com
http://stillroomherbs.blogspot.com
Farmgirl Sister #1801

Judge each day not by the harvest you reap but by the seeds you plant. ~Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6953 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6953 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2015 :  2:45:22 PM  Show Profile
Catherine Ann, thanks for the info. I checked today and still no sign but I'll give it more time before I plant something else in it's place.

Sara
FarmGirl Sister #6034 Aug 25, 2014

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth.
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2015 :  09:54:29 AM  Show Profile
Hi girls! Sara - I'm so excited! Yesterday, the temperature hit almost 70 degrees, and the evening forecasts for the coming week are no lower than the mid-40's. 'Feels like we stepped right out of winter and straight into the beginning of summer! Since the next few days will be splattered with thunder showers, my husband and I went out to the raised bed, pulled back the wood chips to reveal the black gold soil that has been awaiting us all winter, and excitedly planted some seeds! We planted carrots, two types of lettuces, spinach, kale, turnips, beets, and a little bit of parsley to fill in where some from last year didn't return. Mother nature is nurturing the garden with gentle rains, the birds are out there, finally able to reach some worms, and the garlic seems to have perked up over night. Good things are sure to come! YES! Spring has sprung! More planting surely to happen over the next couple of weeks! I am happy dancing in Pittsburgh! Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6953 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6953 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2015 :  06:52:54 AM  Show Profile
Went to Kelly's Fruit & Veg Stand yesterday and had a wonderful time. Plants and more plants. His plants are always healthy and grow beautifully for me. Came home with the following plants:

2 chives
1 lemongrass
1 dill
1 'Red Rubin Basil' looked purple to me
1 chocolate mint
1 spearmint
1 Mojito mint ~ Cuban mint (new mint to me)

2 white petunia hanging baskets - one for front porch - the other for Yellow Rose Cottage front porch

The thing I have to remember when I am among so many plants is to buy only what I am willing & able to water in Aug. That keeps my urges to buy more from getting out of hand.

Have a blessed day, Sara
FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14

Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6953 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6953 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2015 :  06:56:45 AM  Show Profile
Nina I know you can't wait to dig in your raised beds. Raised beds are popular around here too. I mostly do my growing in containers but have been thinking about a raised bed for east side yard. Maybe next year.

Have a blessed day, Sara
FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6610 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6610 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2015 :  09:44:28 AM  Show Profile
Sara , all of your gardening sounds like fun!! I had to laugh at your comment about watering in August. That month is so hot and miserable down here and most of our summer flowers are just exhausted from the heat even if you water.!! It exhausts me just thinking about that oppressive heat too!! By then I am dreaming of Fall and apples just to bide time and living vicariously through Farmgirls who report the firs cool,evenings!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Garden Gate: Previous Topic Planting/Sowing In the Gardens has Begun Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page