shawneefarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

91 Posts

Linda
Missouri
USA
91 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2015 :  08:39:10 AM  Show Profile
I had started using the original dawn and vinegar mix for cleaning. I have been using the blue dawn. My problem is - the blue dawn makes me gag - I cannot stand the smell of it. I heave, too. So I was wondering if the big bottle that is marked "Simple" is the same original formula. It comes in green, also, and I think that may be an apple fragrance. Can anyone help me out here?? Thanks farmgirls - I so love the fact that I can come to you girls for honest answers..

I'll tell you the truth, if a man keeps my word, he will never see death." John 8:51

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2873 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2873 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2015 :  09:14:05 AM  Show Profile
I've used all kinds of detergents, including Seventh Generation. They all seem to work the same, honestly.

"We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.” – R.R.
Go to Top of Page

rksmith
True Blue Farmgirl

858 Posts

Rachel
Clayton GA
USA
858 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2015 :  09:18:26 AM  Show Profile
I use the green Dawn and it works fine. Although recently I've been experimenting with using soap nuts and liquid soap nut soap and it has been working quite well too.

Rachel
Farmgirl Sister #2753

True enlightenment is nothing but the nature of one's own self being fully realised-- His Holiness the Dali Lama

http://rachelsmithhhp.com

www.madameapothecary.com
Go to Top of Page

knittingmom
True Blue Farmgirl

665 Posts

AnneMarie
Edmonton Alberta
Canada
665 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2015 :  10:04:43 AM  Show Profile
I tend to use Seventh Generation or Nature Clean both work well. The all purpose and anti-bac natural cleaners are mostly vinegar based (at least that's what it smells like).

Farmgirl Sister #3759

"There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world"

"The things that matter most are not really things after all"
Go to Top of Page

shawneefarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

91 Posts

Linda
Missouri
USA
91 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2015 :  1:09:58 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Lisa, Rachel ans AnneMarie. I feel that now I can go outside the box of blue dawn !!! I will try the green dawn, if that bombs, I;ll go to Seventh Generation. Thanks

I'll tell you the truth, if a man keeps my word, he will never see death." John 8:51
Go to Top of Page
  Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Dawn/Vinegar question Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page