Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 A little help, experts? Lap quilt size
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic A little help, experts? Lap quilt size Next Topic  

CindyG
True Blue Farmgirl

293 Posts

Cindy
Fairfax VA
USA
293 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2015 :  2:42:29 PM  Show Profile
Hello Quilters,

I am quite new to this craft, and am in need of some advice for an up and coming project. I have three young ladies from my Girl Scout troop graduating high school....sniff. I'm making them each a similar but personalized patchwork quilt with some really fun fabrics representing the various activities we have done, such as s'mores, campfires, a Mardi Gtas themed party, a Candyland themed dance, plus I scored some vintage GS fabric on eBay.

So my question to those who know:

What is a good size for a "lap quilt"? I want it small enough that they might take it to college and have it on the end of their bed but large enough that they can use it as a layer over them when they are studying. Optimistic, arent't I? I'm fine if it sits at home and they only see it on visits.

Any advice is sincerely appreciated!

Thanks,
Cindy

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16373 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16373 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2015 :  07:32:19 AM  Show Profile
I like 72" x 58" for a lap quilt.

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

CindyG
True Blue Farmgirl

293 Posts

Cindy
Fairfax VA
USA
293 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2015 :  2:31:45 PM  Show Profile
Hello MaryJane,

I'm going to take that as a sign from above - that is almost exactly the size of the pattern I was settling on!

Thank you for sharing your true expert opinion - very much appreciated. I can start cutting...after measuring at least twice #128512;

Cindy
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic A little help, experts? Lap quilt size Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page