Printer Friendly
Author Outpost: Previous Topic Need tourist ideas for Phoenix area Next Topic  

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2015 :  06:34:33 AM  Show Profile
Hubby and I are heading to Az the 19th to see my folks. Son is manning the ranch. Can any of you suggest events, sites, and alternative natural healing practitioners around that area? My folks are in Queen Valley which is east of Apache Junction. Would love to see some Indian ruins, go to someone who does Reike, art/craft show, etc. Any ideas are welcome.

sherone_13
True Blue Farmgirl

2460 Posts

Sherone
Evanston WY
USA
2460 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2015 :  1:45:38 PM  Show Profile
Kem, there is some ruins near Florence, AZ called Casa Grande Ruins. Another fun thing to do is to go to the Botanical Gardens. I have been to the Boyce Thompson Arboretum and the Tucson Botanical Gardens....amazing! The real bummer here is that I will be there from the 12th to the 18th!

Sherone

Farmgirl Sister #1682

My Blog

www.annapearlsattic.blogspot.com

My Etsy

www.etsy.com/shop/annapearlsattic

Women are angels. When someone breaks our wings, we just jump on our broomsticks and fly! We are flexible that way!
Go to Top of Page

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2015 :  5:42:35 PM  Show Profile
shoot, we could have hooked up for a drink or something. Where are the botanical gardens. We have been to the Boyce Thompson Arboredum. Actually we are going again for a medicinal herb walk the 25th while we are there. I am need to ask my mom where the monk monestary is around there. She says it is really good also. I will ask my mom about the Casa Grande Ruins also. Thanks for the suggestions.
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13618 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13618 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2015 :  1:23:40 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Kem,
The Musical Instrument Museum is VERY IMPRESSIVE and well worth the visit. I'd plan a day and have lunch in the cafe there. We were just there last week!
I've never been but there is also a Irish Heritage Center (don't know the official name) that I've heard is great.
And, the Phoenix Zoo is great as well!
Casa Grande Ruins are near Casa Grande which is about 60 miles in a southeasterly direction from Phoenix.

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Outpost: Previous Topic Need tourist ideas for Phoenix area Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page