Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 What's your New Year's Resolution(s)?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic What's your New Year's Resolution(s)? Next Topic  

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2014 :  04:51:23 AM  Show Profile
After spending a year grieving my Mom's passing, I'm choosing to find joy in every day.

Catherine
Sister #76 (2005)
One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt.

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6916 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6916 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2014 :  05:02:23 AM  Show Profile
I want to begin writing my cozy mysteries again. Haven't written in over a year - that's way too long.

Catherine, by choice you are already on your way to finding joy every day. Expect it, acknowledge it, then give thanks for it, and there will be more the next day.

Sara
Walk in Peace - Live with Joy
FarmGirl Sister #6034 Aug 25, 2014
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16373 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16373 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2014 :  06:22:35 AM  Show Profile
My New Year (re-new year) resolutions include spending more time with my grandchildren and cows (I already spend a fair amount of time with them each day but want to increase that) and to make time to chat here more. As my children and their spouses take on more and more of the work here, I hope to change how crazy busy I am on a daily basis.

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3930 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3930 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2014 :  09:28:53 AM  Show Profile
I will be joining the exercise group at the clinic for people who are movement challenged, getting my teeth fixed at the University of Minnesota School of Dentistry (they are not as expensive and sometimes free) and completing at least one-quarter of my UFOs.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13618 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13618 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2014 :  1:11:02 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
I want to continue to heal from health challenges that I never saw coming!
Enjoy relationships with my hubby, my daughter and my friends!
Carry and "attitude of gratitude" into every day and all that I do!
Be okay with NOT being an over-achiever, workaholic! Savor each day more!
Walk closer with my Lord and Savior!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2014 :  4:55:39 PM  Show Profile
I've been doing some soul searching as of late... what is it that I should be endeavoring towards in life!?!? Generally, my mind and being is in reaction mode... but I would rather look towards the future and be pro-active rather than re-active! And this goes for every aspect of my life. Not sure what this is going to look like or how it is going to come into fruition, but i do know that God is calling our family more towards simplicity. As we gear up to retire and move, and then beginning to truly homestead, I find myself desiring to embrace simpler ways of life in preparation.

We are also changing up the way we do school with the kiddos. I have been extremely eclectic in my approach, picking different curriculum per subject, but will be starting a unit study with them in just a couple weeks, and only really adding math to it. The unit study is extremely hands on, teaching life skills, in a Biblical manner. I am really looking forward to it, as are the children.

My walk with my Heavenly Father needs a lot of growth. Your prayers for me in that regard would be greatly appreciated!!!

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Daizy
True Blue Farmgirl

992 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
992 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2014 :  04:41:59 AM  Show Profile
Reaching out to become closer to my Creator.
Bringing the cattle into a more fruitful business.
Marketing my Pasture poultry to the Local-vores.
Adding turkeys to the program.
Creating a niche for competitive horse riding on the ranch.
Camp once a month with my friends.
Do more community service.
Finalize my 10 year plan.
Groom my children to take over the ranch in 10 years.

Not in that order and that's just a few things I want to accomplish in 2015.

Its gonna be a GREAT year. I hope it will be for ya'll also.

Hugs and prayers, Daizy #1093
Poor House Farmgirl Chapter {A virtual chapter open to everyone.}
A good day is when you find ALL your ear tags! I wonder how my cows would like my Farmgirl apron??
www.poorhouseparadise.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2014 :  7:52:33 PM  Show Profile
I'm going to stop trying to impress other people and instead do something to impress myself!
Cindy

"Come by the hills to the land where fancy is free; And stand where the peaks meet the sky and the rocks reach the sea.Where the rivers run clear and the bracken is gold in the sun. and cares of tomorrow must wait till this day is done"--Loreena McKennit
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

sherone_13
True Blue Farmgirl

2460 Posts

Sherone
Evanston WY
USA
2460 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2014 :  06:20:14 AM  Show Profile
My New Years Resolution is to not have a New Years Resolution. It doesn't work for me.....it has to be an All Year Resolution.

Sherone

Farmgirl Sister #1682

My Blog

www.annapearlsattic.blogspot.com

My Etsy

www.etsy.com/shop/annapearlsattic

Women are angels. When someone breaks our wings, we just jump on our broomsticks and fly! We are flexible that way!
Go to Top of Page

laurzgot
True Blue Farmgirl

1669 Posts

Laurie
Alvin Texas
USA
1669 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2014 :  08:24:08 AM  Show Profile
Start a new tradition with my granddaughter by taking her to the Build a Bear store in the mall or where ever she would like to go every year for her Birthday which is in January. Also take my children out to lunch on their birthday's. I'm very fortunate have my children close by. But I feel like my thoughts are telling me this.

Hugs,
Laurie
Country girl at heart
"Smile and be yourself everyday."

Go to Top of Page

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2014 :  09:34:35 AM  Show Profile
Mine would to be healthier every day, help someone everyday, make someone happy daily, be more productive, and sign up for some kind of certified herbal program. And as always be kinder and gentler to everyone and everything. An after thought..... in a bible study I remember saying that when I am having a intense discussion with anyone think... What would Jesus do and do it instead of my knee jerk reaction. Much better decision or reaction I am sure.
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1414 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1414 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2015 :  1:17:28 PM  Show Profile
I'm going to send everyone on our birthday calendar a birthday/anniversary card that is homemade :)

Joyce Hein
Farmgirl Sister #6071
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic What's your New Year's Resolution(s)? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page