True Blue Farmgirl

978 Posts

Lora
Alexandria IN
USA
978 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2014 :  12:54:50 PM  Show Profile
****Cross posted in Herbal Wisdom *****

Okay ladies, my 14 y/o DS has a recurring rash in his crotch. It's red, crusty, oozes and smells awful. When he sits or stands near me, I can smell it. He showers a minimum of every other day and he says he dries it completely. He sleeps in only his undies. He's not that athletic so he's not sweating in excess.
We've taken him to the doctor several times - they continue to say it's just jock itch and prescribe ointments. None have helped.
In my opinion I think he has a form of yeast infection. I have had him put myconizal on it and it helps the itch and it will clear up a lot, but doesn't go away completely. We've had him change from tidy whities to boxer briefs. I suggested switching again to boxers for a thinner more breathable fabric.
I have put Burt's Bee's diaper rash cream on it. He said it helped a little but still didn't clear it up.
I wanted the doctor to test for candida but he didn't think that was necessary. I would appreciate any suggestion as to what any of you think it might be and what I could use. Thanks in advance.

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway" -John Wayne
www.farmallchick.blogspot.com www.farmallchickphotos.blogspot.com

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2014 :  1:38:10 PM  Show Profile
Sorry from the get go. But you need to demand what you want him tested for. Or find a different doctor.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

FARMALLChick
True Blue Farmgirl

978 Posts

Lora
Alexandria IN
USA
978 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2014 :  2:16:53 PM  Show Profile
We had to use that doctor because of insurance. Now we just found that we are losing that insurance. I've been checking on Obamacare, but we supposedly make too much to get assistance, but we don't make enough to afford the premiums which are twice what our house payment is. Rock and a hard place.

Edited by - FARMALLChick on Dec 10 2014 2:18:09 PM
Go to Top of Page

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2014 :  10:20:29 PM  Show Profile
Read up on essential oils for jock itch and dilute them with olive or almond oil and try that. I have a latex allergy and found out the elastic in my underwear were causing me to have sores. Also, if you think it is candida go to a health food store and see what they may offer. Last but not least, get him on a yeast, sugar, bread, and grain free diet. It is hard, but can be done. I have been on this diet for 3 years because of health issues. I know it has saved my life.
Go to Top of Page

countrymommy85
True Blue Farmgirl

898 Posts

Krystle
MT
USA
898 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2014 :  09:02:18 AM  Show Profile
Have you tried pure, cold pressed Extra virgin olive oil? Coconut oil? I would highly suggest tea tree essential oil mixed with either olive or coconut oil and put that on like crazy. Also, take a good probiotic. A doctor just recommend to me that I need to get some Primal Defense probiotics. Go low sugar and dairy free, if possible. Hoping it will go away soon!

Mothers are those wonderful people who can get up in the morning before the smell of coffee. ~Author Unknown

http://countryrenaissance.blogspot.com
http://www.etsy.com/shop/SunflowersAndHoney
Go to Top of Page

FARMALLChick
True Blue Farmgirl

978 Posts

Lora
Alexandria IN
USA
978 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2014 :  11:38:19 AM  Show Profile
Well - I happened to be in Meijer after posting this and found some antifungal foot cream. I bought it and told him to give it a try and let me know in a few days what happened. Cleared it right up and it hasn't been back. I told him if it does come back to use it again until we can figure out what is causing it. We are going to try to get all of us on a low sugar, low yeast diet. Maybe that will help with some of his other issues.

Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Son has myster rash Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page