Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Prayers for my brother, Update 05/20/15
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Prayers for my brother, Update 05/20/15 Next Topic
Page: of 5

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13615 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13615 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2014 :  4:37:28 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
05/20/15: It's been a long time since I've posted anything about my brother. I received an email from him a couple days ago. He says it's hard to type because he can't use his left hand. He says he has very little control of his left hand and left leg because of the stroke, can only play the piano/organ with his right hand. (he's an exceptional pianist/organist . . this is sad!)
Says he walks around the house with a cane, but has to use a walker when out and about.
Sooooo . . . recovery is slow, but he is making some bits of recovery. Still having some issues with his heart rate that they hope to address soon.

I ask that you continue prayers for him and his wife!
Thank you so much!
CJ

02/21/15: Haven't heard anything new or different. I'm sure that my SIL will let us know of anything of great concern. But I do know it's a long, long, LONG journey . . . and that your continued prayers are appreciated.
Thanks so much!

02/05/15: My SIL has emailed an update. My brother is having all kinds of issues that they are trying to deal with, medication adjustments/changes, etc. He is doing okay but has had a couple further ER visits. She says they just try to deal with each day as it comes and realize it's a VERY LONG JOURNEY!
Your continued prayers are soooooo appreciated!
THANK YOU!
CJ

01/09/15: Good news! My brother did go home on that Monday morning and has been doing well! He's walking better with his walker without assistance, eating better, getting stronger. Still has P.T. twice weekly but occupational therapists have determined he no longer needs O.T. Please, please continue prayers for this LONG journey and THANK YOU for your prayers!
CJ

01/01/15: My brother was doing better and to be discharged home Monday morning. I have not heard that he did not go home. Things are so up and down and unpredictable and he has such a long arduous recovery/rehab. So your continued prayers are so appreciated!
THANK YOU!
CJ

12/28/14: Received an email from my SIL last night. My brother started having issues with blood pressure, very rapid heart rate, and other issues. Is back in the hospital as of Friday night!
PRAYERS PLEASE are appreciated!
THANK YOU!

12/26/14: It's the day after Christmas and I'm thankful to tell you that my brother continues to heal and progress. It is slow and arduous, but it is happening. He and my SIL are hanging in there! They are getting good support and assistance from her relatives and their church. He is still having therapy at home, but is getting there.
Would appreciate continued prayers . . .it's a LONG journey!
Thank you!
Happy New Year!
CJ

11/28/14: A few ups and downs here and there for my brother. This is such a struggle and difficult journey. Started with home health, PT and OT at home this week. My SIL's cousin and hubby came over with Thanksgiving dinner for them yesterday. I believe they have a good support system there, with her family and church folks. His appetite and energy level improved a tiny bit . . PLEASE continue to pray!
Thank you all SOOOOO MUCH!!
CJ

11/17/14: My brother is doing pretty well at home with his therapy and healing. My SIL states that the main concern right now is he has very little appetite and is losing weight. Doctors say that he needs to consume more and get some energy back so he can continue with therapy, etc.
So, please continue your prayers for him in this regard . . and continued healing from his heart surgery and stroke. And, for my SIL as she endeavors to get food into him!
Thanks so much for all your prayers and continued prayers!
HUGS!
CJ

11/09/14: Things are going pretty well for my brother at home, slowly improving. Last week was full of follow-up medical appointments, which can be exhausting.
Your prayers are so appreciated and I ask for continued prayers!
THANK YOU!
CJ

11/01/14: My brother was discharged home yesterday, Friday! Praising the Lord! Please continue your prayers for his continued healing and recovery. And for the two of them as they work together on his rehab therapy at home. . . patience, strength! There is still a long road ahead!
THANKS FOR CONTINUED PRAYERS!
CJ

10/23/14: My SIL says my brother is doing well, progressing slowly! I'm sure he's getting discouraged from time to time.
I ask for your continued prayers!
Thanks so much!
CJ

10/17/14: Friday evening. As of Thursday my SIL says that my brother was moved to the hospital rehab center, the staff said that they'd like to work with him. The intermediate care staff wished him well and told him that they really didn't want him to come back! They want him to stay on the road to recovery.
He will have to work hard and it will be a true test of stamina and determination. So, prayers appreciated for his rehab therapy, recovery and wellness so he can go home!
Also, for my SIL as she continues to encourage him and will have to help him with therapy, etc.
THANK YOU SO MUCH!
CJ

10/15/14: Wednesday morning. My SIL says all the "bells and whistles" have been removed from my brother as of yesterday, but Heparin drip would remain until today. The rehab therapy team is not sure if he is strong enough for the program at the hosp. rehab center, he may to go somewhere else. That decision remains to be made. He is getting discouraged with this and really needs encouragements. My SIL needs to remain encouraged and positive.
Continued prayers are SOOOOO appreciated!
CJ

10/13/14: Monday morning. My SIL's email from last evening says he's getting better and better! Praise God! He's feeling well enough to be a bit ornery with the staff . . a very good sign. Still getting the Heparin drip to work on the blood clots. Hoping to move back to rehab really soon!
Thanks so much for your prayers . . . continued prayers are requested too!
HUGS TO YOU ALL!
CJ

10/11/14: Saturday afternoon. My brother is improving little by little. Swallowing (result from stroke) is still a concern, as are the two blood clots. He's receiving Heparin (blood thinner) drip in hopes of dealing with the clots. Drs. want him back to rehab and therapy soon. His oldest son was able to fly up (brother and SIL live near Portland, OR) from southern Calif. to visit for the weekend. Praying for that to be encouraging and strengthening.
Still a LONG ways to go . . . please continue to pray!
THANK YOU SO MUCH!
CJ

10/10/14: Friday evening. My SIL says he is improving and moved out of ICU to intermediate care. Praying for those two blood clots to dissolve and no more to form! Praying he can get back to therapy and rehab and back home. He is an avid gardener and is missing his flowers! He is also an accomplished pianist and organist . . .don't know what this will do to his ability to play!
PRAYING!
THANKS FOR YOUR CONTINUED PRAYERS!!!!
CJ

10/09/14: Thursday evening. Was doing pretty good in the rehab, but developed problems breathing. He has been moved back to ICU, testing shows a blood clot on his lung too. So, another scary setback!
My SIL is such a trooper but she is tired!
PRAYERS PLEASE!
CJ

10/08/14: Wednesday update. He is being moved into the rehab center for intensive therapy to work on getting him back to as much function as possible. My SIL says she sees improvement and is a bit encouraged. However, as already mentioned, it's the blood clot that is scary! Praying for his recovery and healing and for that blood clot to dissolve!
Thanks for your prayers and encouragements!
CJ

10/07/14: MRI did indicate that my brother did have a stroke, seems to have been relatively mild and he is doing bit by bit better. There are issues with his swallowing, however and he will also have to undergo therapy. It's all very uncertain right now.
The MRI also showed a blood clot in an artery in the back of his neck that goes to his brain . . . this is the scary part! Praying that this will dissolve and disappear as it could lead to more serious stroke. This is very discouraging, yet we know GOD KNOWS and CARES!
Please continue praying!
THANK YOU SO MUCH!
CJ

10/05/14: Yesterday was up and down but overall brother improving. More tests today. He's had prior surgeries which add to the "mix". They say that CT scan from yesterday does indicates possible mild stroke. Scary! But I know GOD KNOWS!
Thanks for continued prayers!
CJ

10/04/14: Later this evening . . . Talked with SIL in early afternoon. My brother was awake and responding. CT, MRI, other sensory testing, etc. as they thought it might have been TIA. BUT, surgeons were very much in agreement they needed to find out what happened and how to take care of it. My SIL said it was "scary"!
So, improvement but still very uncertain!
I have to tell you, when I received her email this AM, it hit me like a gut punch . . . had to go take a walk, pray and cry a bit!
Thanks for continued prayers!
CJ

10/04/14:
Email from SIL @ 6:30 AM from hospital. My brother was up taking a walk, bent over and collapsed. They said vitals are good, but are getting no response . . . the word "stroke" was mentioned!

URGENT PRAYERS PLEASE!
Thank you!
CJ

Hi there praying farmgirls,

My oldest brother, who will be 79 this month, is scheduled to have triple by-pass surgery tomorrow morning. I ask for prayers for him, the surgery team, the surgery and his wife.

Needless to say, it's a bit concerning . . .but GOD KNOWS!
Thanks so much!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com

Edited by - ceejay48 on May 20 2015 11:39:53 AM

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2014 :  4:50:49 PM  Show Profile
He is in my prayers, CJ. They all are. And you, too. I know it's scarey, I really, really do. Just remember that with all of us praying, he is definitely being lifted into the Best Hands! Keep us posted, okay! Love you, sister cous! Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2014 :  5:42:56 PM  Show Profile

Prayers for your brother and all of your family...please let us know how things go with the surgery...

Hugs!

~Judy~

"Autumn~The year's last, loveliest smile."

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"...

"Country Girl at Heart...Blessed Beyond Measure"!!!

Farm Girl #5440
Farm Girl of The Month September 2013
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2873 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2873 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2014 :  5:59:11 PM  Show Profile
Prayers to you CJ!

"We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.” – R.R.
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2014 :  6:51:17 PM  Show Profile
Prayers sent.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2014 :  7:02:27 PM  Show Profile
Praying for your brother and all the family, as well as the surgical team!!!!

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7581 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7581 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2014 :  7:09:40 PM  Show Profile
Prayers going up for your brother and the surgery team and surgery and all the family.
Blessings
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

Dapple Grey Lady
True Blue Farmgirl

725 Posts

Betty
Goodrich Texas
USA
725 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2014 :  7:20:08 PM  Show Profile
Prayers!

~ Betty ~
Farmgirl Sister # 5589
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6592 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6592 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2014 :  04:46:54 AM  Show Profile
Prayers for you , your brother and family today!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5073 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5073 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2014 :  05:19:03 AM  Show Profile
Praying for your brother and his family!
Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2014 :  08:39:42 AM  Show Profile
CJ - 'Just want to let you know I've had you on my mind, and am still praying for your brother... Hope all is well! Love and hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13615 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13615 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2014 :  09:23:35 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Just got an email this morning from his wife. He had a long echocardiogram yesterday. His surgery is scheduled for today just after noon (Pacific time . . they live in Oregon). She has been told the surgery will take approx. 2.5 hrs. but there will be consider prep and recovery room time and to anticipate considerable postop pain.
So, he is yet to go in . .
Thanks so much for your prayers!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2014 :  12:15:19 PM  Show Profile
At the time of my reading this post, it's probably just after his surgery begins. I am praying.

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2014 :  1:17:48 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Prayers for all all of you. You know God is in control so just rest in His arms. Keep us posted.

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

82kygal
True Blue Farmgirl

548 Posts

Laura
Somerset Kentucky
USA
548 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2014 :  1:25:35 PM  Show Profile
Prayers for him and you. !!!

With God, all things are possible. (Mark 10:27)
What ever you are, be a good one. (Abe Lincoln)
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2014 :  2:21:49 PM  Show Profile
Continuing to pray!!!!

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13615 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13615 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2014 :  7:27:52 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Surgery went well, my brother did well. Please continue prayers for healing, recovery, pain management . . and for his wife to get some rest tonight!
Will let you know how it goes tomorrow!
THANKS SO MUCH!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2014 :  7:57:56 PM  Show Profile
Thank God, CJ... That is wonderful news! Prayers will continue. Please get some rest yourself, too! Hugs and love - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7581 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7581 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2014 :  10:13:47 PM  Show Profile
Praise God! I am so glad he is doing well. Prayers continue for you all.

Blessings
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2014 :  10:53:55 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
God is faithful always. Prayers continue.

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

626 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
626 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2014 :  05:58:48 AM  Show Profile
Praying for your brother's recovery.

Erin
Farmgirl #3762

"Autumn ~ a second spring when every leaf is a flower. " - Albert Camus

http://www.etsy.com/shop/femmepostale/
http://www.pinterest.com/femmepostale/
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2014 :  06:11:02 AM  Show Profile
Sending prayers for your brother and family, CJ.

Keep us posted.

Farmgirl Hugs,
Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Chapter Leader, Connecticut Simpler Life Sisters
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2013

Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

3072 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
3072 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2014 :  07:59:47 AM  Show Profile
Praying for your brother.

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13615 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13615 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2014 :  09:08:54 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Emails from my sister-in-law, one last night telling us things went well and that he would be under very watchful care!
This morning, she says she called, he had a good night. Was slow to wake up from anesthesia, but did and is awake and breathing tube is removed. They will wean him off IV pain meds, onto oral meds and get him moving around a bit.
She was able to get good sleep last night and several of her family members have been with her to help keep her company, pray with her, etc.
Praising GOD!
Please continue your prayers as he has much recovery to go through!
THANK YOU FARMGIRLS!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

lovinRchickens
True Blue Farmgirl

3440 Posts

Kelly
Pipe Creek Texas
USA
3440 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2014 :  09:58:38 AM  Show Profile
Cj
I am late reading this but Praising God that the outcome has been good. I pray he continues to be stronger and heal wonderfully.

Farmgirl #5111
Blessings
~Kelly~
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2014 :  1:47:06 PM  Show Profile
CJ, I am just now reading this! So hung up my own family lately!

So happy that your brother's surgery is successful! I am praying for his successful recovery and for peace for you and all of the family.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Prayers for my brother, Update 05/20/15 Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page