Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Prayers for a co-worker
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Prayers for a co-worker Next Topic  

amyartgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

991 Posts

Amy
Junction City Ohio
USA
991 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2014 :  03:20:00 AM  Show Profile
Hi ladies,

At my second job I really need some prayers and the breath of Heaven....one of the therapists at work needs prayers lifted up. She is dealing with domestic violence, her ex is wanting to hurt her. She has kids too I had to really try to console her yesterday as she had an appointment and is afraid of losing her job. She just kept "running in circles" with her words and could not stop crying (it was a strange experience seeing how she was reacting to the situation for sure - she just kept saying I am such a worthless person, I am a bad mother, etc)I offered her a place of refuge as I live about an hour away from where she lives/works. I am also afraid this guy will be coming to try and find her at our workplace in the coming days. I was told not to tell the bosses and I told her I would not tell them but now I am in a fix. I do have to go in to work today, so kinda sacred myself.

Her name is Lauren - thanks!!!!!

Happy FG Sister #21

Edited by - amyartgirl on Sep 05 2014 03:29:17 AM

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6914 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6914 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2014 :  04:13:40 AM  Show Profile
As I write this I am offering it up as my prayer. Amy, may the Lord guide you in this situation and put a hedge of protection around you. Listen in your spirit and you will find the right path to follow. I pray for your peace of mind and for your own safety.

I pray that Lauren will find the strength to do what is best for herself and children. She has hard choices to make and only she can decide what to do. No one can make them for her. I pray also that she will be touched by your relationship with the Lord and want to know about him in time.

I also pray that the Lord will work with this man to turn his heart & mind away from such violence. I ask all in Jesus name, amen.

Now woman to woman. I would seriously think long and hard about inviting her to stay with you. These situations can turn violent. A woman's shelter would be a good place for her and her children. They are equipped for this sort of thing.

Sara
Walk in Peace - Live with Joy
FarmGirl Sister #6034 Aug 25, 2014
Go to Top of Page

amyartgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

991 Posts

Amy
Junction City Ohio
USA
991 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2014 :  04:27:14 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Sara!

Happy FG Sister #21
Go to Top of Page

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2014 :  05:20:09 AM  Show Profile

Amy...I agree wholeheartedly with Sara...if you sense this man could be dangerous to others than your friend...please take that to heart...and truly a women's shelter would be a good place to start for Lauren a place to live...her children do not need to be in a violent environment such as what is going on at home...Thank you for being such a good friend to Lauren and sharing her needs here with us...thoughts and prayers are with both of you...

Hugs!

Judy

"Autumn~The year's last, loveliest smile."

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened...

"Country Girl at Heart...Blessed Beyond Measure"!!!

Farm Girl #5440
Farm Girl of The Month September 2013
Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

626 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
626 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2014 :  05:45:24 AM  Show Profile
Praying for you and Lauren today, Amy.

Erin
Farmgirl #3762

May my heart be kind, my mind fierce and my spirit brave. - Kate
Forsyth

http://www.etsy.com/shop/femmepostale/
http://www.pinterest.com/femmepostale/
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7583 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7583 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2014 :  2:15:47 PM  Show Profile
My prayers go out for you Amy and for your friend Lauren and her frightening situation. I pray that you are both protected by God's hand and that she and her children will stay safe. I ask for protection as well Amy for taking her in.

Blessings and hugs to you both.
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2014 :  4:08:47 PM  Show Profile
If domestic violence is affecting her job, she has the right (according to federal law) to take time off to deal with the situation. This can include getting therapy. I think the law allows for either six or twelve weeks off and she has to be either reinstated at her job or offered one at equivalent pay when she comes back. If her employer retaliates, she can file a complaint against him. I think it's called the Domestic Violence Victims Act. I would check it out. The last thing she needs to worry about is her job. Her safety, and that of her children, is the most important thing right now. I'm praying for her.
Cindy

"Come by the hills to the land where fancy is free; And stand where the peaks meet the sky and the rocks reach the sea.Where the rivers run clear and the bracken is gold in the sun. and cares of tomorrow must wait till this day is done"--Loreena McKennit
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

carolj
True Blue Farmgirl

244 Posts

Carol
Waynesboro Georgia
USA
244 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2014 :  1:26:15 PM  Show Profile
I'm adding my prayers to Sara's and second her recommendation for the woman's shelter. God is good and will show you the way.

Blessings,

Carol
Farmgirl 1823

Sow what you want to reap.
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2014 :  7:01:31 PM  Show Profile
Oh Amy! I am most definitely praying for you, for Lauren, and for her children! I understand your desire not to break your word to her regarding speaking about the situation to the boss... perhaps you could encourage her to seek help through y'all's boss, especially with knowing she has the act that PrairieHawk was speaking of, to fall back on!?!? As easy as it is to talk badly of the hubby for his abuse and mistreatment, I will also be praying for him, as he obviously needs the Holy Spirit's intervention in his own life as well! God can work miracles, and I will be praying that He does just that in this scary and trying time!!!

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2014 :  11:38:20 AM  Show Profile
Amy, I am praying for you both! Please, share this scripture with her and I hope it comforts you too.
2 Corinthians 1:3-5
Praised be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,+ the Father of tender mercies+ and the God of all comfort,+ 4 who comforts* us in all our trials*+ so that we may be able to comfort others+ in any sort of trial* with the comfort that we receive from God.+ 5 For just as the sufferings for the Christ abound in us,+ so the comfort we receive through the Christ also abounds.

Agape,
Marsha

Farmgirl sister #308
Cooling Neck Wraps
www.marketsofsunshinefl.etsy.com
http://jeanpatch.blogspot.com
Vendor Marketing Swag Bags
www.marketsofsunshine.com
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5077 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5077 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2014 :  11:57:34 AM  Show Profile
Amy I am praying !!!!! a lot of women in this country are in this situation and it is so sad and heartbreaking! Praying!!!!!!!!
Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

amyartgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

991 Posts

Amy
Junction City Ohio
USA
991 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2014 :  06:59:14 AM  Show Profile
Hiya sisters,

Here is a slight update...I don't know the whole deal on things. All I know is no one came to the office looking for her, so that is good there. However, I still don't know if she has left or went back or what the deal is. Thanks all for your thoughts and prayers on this, as it was a very scary and uncertain situation for sure. Will keep you all updated as I hear things.

Happy FG Sister #21
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

3075 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
3075 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2014 :  7:43:13 PM  Show Profile
Praying for a terrible situation.

Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page
  Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Prayers for a co-worker Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page