Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Needing prayers for this Farmgirl! - Updated 9/14
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Needing prayers for this Farmgirl! - Updated 9/14 Next Topic
Page: of 3

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2014 :  6:36:23 PM  Show Profile
9/14 - went and saw the surgeon Friday. I got great news - the mass came back as NOT cancer, praise God! My potassium has gone up to normal, without supplementation, and my blood pressure is slowly lowering. It could take up to six months for it to go down! As far as the pain, it is slowly getting better. In some aspects, I am apparently pushing myself too hard, too fast. We got home tonight.... To a DISASTER! A friend of church was staying here with her daughter, while we were gone to take care of our critters. I am not sure if our dogs were mad we were gone so long or what, but they peed and pooped all over the house! I know I shouldn't do too much, but my 14 month old is still not walking, so I HAVE to scrub this house! So far I have gotten the kitchen done. And yes, I hurt terribly bad tonight after what I have done this evening, but I have to make it safe for her! I am hoping with a full day tomorrow, the children and I can get the house clean. My hubby has to take our five year old for a hearing test, and then he has a disaster in the yard to deal with! Oy! But I know God will take are of us! Thank you all for your prayers!

9/11 - Dearest friends - I really really really need prayers today! I am having intense pain on my left side - the muscles seem to be really mad, one of the four incision sites really hurts, and I am getting shooting pains in my left shoulder (the brain has difficulty registering pain below the diaphragm in the abdominal region and often you will feel it in other areas, especially shoulder and neck). To top it off, I feel extremely sick to my stomach. We see the surgeon tomorrow for a follow up, and I am praying that something has not gone askew. I have taken my narcotic already today, which is odd in that I have only been needing it at night, but that tells you how bad it is this morning. Thank you!

9/6 Thank you all for your prayers! My surgery went well. But boy oh boy do I hurt! The doctor says I am going to feel lousy for at least the next week and won't be "normal" for at least a month. I had thought it would be less major than a c-section, but it is waaaaaayyyyyy worse! But God will see us through!!!

9/2 - thank you for the prayers! My sinus infection is pretty much gone. Tomorrow is the surgery. In a word, I am petrified! I know that God has predetermined my days, and I am in His loving hands. With that said, I have coded post-anesthesia before due to a miscommunication (they gave me four pain medications at the same time, dropping my pulse, respirations, etc), so the thought of going under again terrifies me. Your prayers are much appreciated! Surgery is at 11:45. When I get the chance, I will update everyone on how it went :)

8/23 - Update: Last week we went and met with the anesthesiologists. Everything is good to go for surgery as far as they are concerned. BUT I am now sick with a horrendous sinus infection. Please please please pray that I can get over this quickly so I can still have my surgery on September 3rd, that everyone else in the family stays healthy (especially my hubby and youngest daughter as they will be the ones to visit so I can nurse her), and that the surgery goes well. Thank you!!!

Hi everyone. I am pretty sure I have posted about this before, but in case I haven't, let me briefly explain, and beg for prayers. I have a mass on my adrenal glands that is causing my potassium to drastically drop and my blood pressure rise to a dangerous high. The only remedy/cure is surgery. As soon as it gets approved for my youngest to visit so I can nurse her during my stay, we will be heading up to Johns Hopkins for said surgery. Right now, however, I am really struggling. I am on 200 mEq each day of potassium, which is WAY higher than most people can take, yet my potassium is only 2.7 (normal is 3.5 to 4.5). I am on two blood pressure medications, yet my blood pressure is HIGH at 189/102. I am fighting a massive headache and just do not knw what to do at the moment. The hospital down here are completely Ill equipped to deal with said issues and could potentially do more harm than good. Please pray for my family that we will get through this time with His grace, mercy, and love! I know each one of our day's are pre-numbered and if it is my time to come face to face with my Lord, I am ready, yet I am worried about my six young children. Thank you dear friends!

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/

Edited by - hudsonsinaf on Sep 14 2014 7:04:04 PM

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2873 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2873 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2014 :  6:52:15 PM  Show Profile
Shannon
I am praying for you!
You have so much going on right now!
Praying that the wisdom of a wise doctor and his team will help you to heal.
Blessings!
Lisa

"We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.” – R.R.
Go to Top of Page

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2014 :  7:32:40 PM  Show Profile

Shannon...prayers for you my dear...that God will touch you in a great and mighty way and bring healing to your body...

Hugs!

Judy

PLANT SEEDS OF KINDNESS EVERYWHERE YOU GO!!!

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened...

"Country Girl at Heart...Blessed Beyond Measure"!!!

Farm Girl #5440
Farm Girl of The Month September 2013
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13617 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13617 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2014 :  8:23:00 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Shannon,
You can count on my prayers! Trusting God to guide, direct, comfort, strengthen, heal and encourage!
PRAYING!!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6592 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6592 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2014 :  9:21:44 PM  Show Profile
Shannon, I will be joining all of the others here in keeping you in my prayers for your surgery to take place soon so that you can get to feeling better. Let us know how you are doing and please take it as easy as possible with your current high blood pressure!!

Winnie # 3109
Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2701 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2701 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2014 :  05:28:40 AM  Show Profile
Shannon,

Will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep us posted on how you are doing and if there is anything that I can do please let me know,

hugs,
Marcy

Farmgirl #170

Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give...Eleanor Roosevelt

Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2014 :  05:48:02 AM  Show Profile
Shannon, you and your family are in my prayers.

My soul magnifies the Lord, And my spirit rejoices in God my Savior. Luke 1:46,47
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2014 :  06:20:25 AM  Show Profile
Thank you ladies so much for your prayers! This morning my blood pressure is 175/95, so better, but still not good! I am wondering if my body is just not absorbing the potassium in its form, so I am going to start taking it with Natural Calm, which is high in magnesium. I have already e-mailed my doctor (I have te best doctor EVER!) to let her know of my plan. I think at the moment I am worried about having a stroke than anything.

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5076 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5076 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2014 :  08:17:23 AM  Show Profile
Shannon!!! Big Hug! I have your family in my Prayer Journal and I will continue to pray for you!!!

Hugs! Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2014 :  1:28:49 PM  Show Profile
Received my official surgery date today! It will be on September 3rd. We will head up to MD in a couple weeks for a pre-op appointment, and then wait for my surgery. Very thankful God has worked things out to allow this to happen! We serve such an incredible Savior!

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2014 :  2:03:26 PM  Show Profile
Shannon,

You are in my prayers. Our God is an Awesome God!!!

Love to you,

Lori

God has promised strength for the day, rest for the labor, light for the way, grace for the trials, help from above, unfailing sympathy and undying love.

We are here to love each other, serve each other and uplift each other.
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2014 :  2:36:11 PM  Show Profile
Shannon,
Prayers are with you and your family. I'm glad to hear you are heading to a hospital where you will feel safer than in your local area, and feeling confidence in your doctor is such a gift! Waiting is hard, but your faith will help you through it.

Susan

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?"
Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2014 :  04:57:36 AM  Show Profile
Shannon,

Bless your heart. How stressful for you, and scary. Prayers are being sent your way, for you and your sweet family. Please, please keep us posted.

Farmgirl hugs,
Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Chapter Leader, Connecticut Simpler Life Sisters
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2013

Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2014 :  09:19:42 AM  Show Profile
Aly's sweat test to check for Cystic Fibrosis was today. We should know results tomorrow.

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2014 :  11:59:09 AM  Show Profile
Prayers to you Shannon. Keep us posted.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2014 :  08:36:52 AM  Show Profile
Dear Shannon,

I am thankful that you finally have your surgery scheduled, yay!
I am praying that Lord would heal you, that He would bring your blood pressure down to normal. I know that when we are worried about it when it's high we can cause even more stress so I am praying for the Lord to bring you peace in your heart and to remove all anxiousness and the headaches.

Farmgirl Sister #5392

By His Grace, For His Glory
~Sharon

http://amerryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2014 :  09:27:21 AM  Show Profile
I posted on my other post, but wanted to here as well - Aly's sweat test checking for Cystic Fibrosis has come back negative! YAY!!!

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2014 :  11:56:59 AM  Show Profile
Good to hear, Shannon. Hope you are feeling better.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

wooliespinner
True Blue Farmgirl

1311 Posts

Linda
Manchester Ohio
1311 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2014 :  8:22:32 PM  Show Profile
Shannon continuing to pray for you and Aly. Praying for a good surgery and a great outcome for all of you and a healing peace in your life.

Linda

Raspberry Run Farm
Nubian Dairy Goats
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2014 :  08:01:53 AM  Show Profile
Shannon, just seeing this now and am going to be praying for you! Love, Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7582 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7582 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2014 :  11:16:16 PM  Show Profile
Take care Shannon and Thank you God for the negative result on the Cystic Fibrosis.

blessings
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

626 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
626 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2014 :  06:19:55 AM  Show Profile
Shannon I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers as well.

Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed for I am your God. I will strengthen you, yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. - Isaiah 41:10

Love from Indiana,

Erin
Farmgirl #3762

May my heart be kind, my mind fierce and my spirit brave. - Kate
Forsyth

http://www.etsy.com/shop/femmepostale/
http://www.pinterest.com/femmepostale/
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6592 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6592 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2014 :  10:18:37 AM  Show Profile
Shannon, I am so relieved that Aly does not have cystic fibrosis! Hopefully her medical team can figure out why she is not at the proper weight and size for her age very soon and get a plan in place for her.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6592 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6592 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2014 :  05:39:50 AM  Show Profile
Shannon, I will be praying that you recover from the sinus infection. Take all of your antibiotics as prescribed and drink lots and lots of fluid to flush your system and thin out the sinus secretions to drain better. And rest! No canning or big projects. Rest, rest, rest and drink fluids. From now until your surgery, make rest your #1 mantra of the day. Just think of it as a medical prescription for getting caught up on your reading list or handwork projects. No cheating once you feel better@#! Hope this infection passes soon and the needed surgery will not be delayed!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014
Go to Top of Page

Dapple Grey Lady
True Blue Farmgirl

725 Posts

Betty
Goodrich Texas
USA
725 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2014 :  12:04:34 PM  Show Profile
Ditto what Red Tractor Girl said! Prayers for you!

~ Betty ~
Farmgirl Sister # 5589
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2014 :  1:02:52 PM  Show Profile
LOL! Winnie - have we met??? ;) I am totally one not to sit still, especially when I am feeling better. Hopefully my antibiotic will be called in soon. I am not one to take antibiotics, but this is one time I will, so that I can have my surgery. Thank you to both you and Betty <3

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Needing prayers for this Farmgirl! - Updated 9/14 Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page