Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Support
 Technical Support
 subscribing to henhouse news
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Technical Support: Previous Topic subscribing to henhouse news Next Topic  

carolj
True Blue Farmgirl

244 Posts

Carol
Waynesboro Georgia
USA
244 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2014 :  12:40:03 PM  Show Profile
Is there a way to subscribe to henhouse topics/forums? I can't find it as an option, but I'm sure it would be so helpful to me. Thanks and blessings,

Carol

Blessings,

Carol
Farmgirl 1823

Sow what you want to reap.

Gabe
True Blue Farmgirl

374 Posts

Gabe
Moscow Idaho
USA
374 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2014 :  5:06:02 PM  Show Profile
I see you are on the Hen Houses. It looks like a person can subscribe to any other Hen House's topics, regardless of being a member of any particular one.
I also see you definitely have no subscriptions.

I guess we'll go through a checklist:
1) Are you logged in? (I'm assuming you are, but I have to check, you know.)
2) Try clearing out your cookies (or at least those for the HenHouse, if you want to figure out how to do just that).
Here's directions for how to do it, for each browser:
http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser s-Cookies
3) What browser, version and such are you using? (i.e. Internet Explorer on Windows 8; Safari on a Mac, etc.)
Go to Top of Page

carolj
True Blue Farmgirl

244 Posts

Carol
Waynesboro Georgia
USA
244 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2014 :  05:23:14 AM  Show Profile
My issue is that when I'm on the Hen House page, I see no place that says "subscribe to this topic" or "subscribe to this forum". I have no problem with posting there or subscribing to anything else. Have I overlooked the button?

Blessings,

Carol
Farmgirl 1823

Go to Top of Page

Gabe
True Blue Farmgirl

374 Posts

Gabe
Moscow Idaho
USA
374 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2014 :  10:17:19 AM  Show Profile
Apparently I missed some key pieces of info when I looked things over last night. I thought I saw that all the groups had subscription icons showing when I glanced through them. But apparently Goodmedicine Girls and Poor House Farm Girls didn't (and I see that now that I'm looking again this morning).

And now that I've seen that, I also see that you are in the Poor House Farm Girls. So, that explains that.

I turned the subscriptions on for your group. I don't know if they were set the way they were for a reason. I'll have to ask around.

So, there's that, then! Sorry I missed it.
Go to Top of Page

carolj
True Blue Farmgirl

244 Posts

Carol
Waynesboro Georgia
USA
244 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2014 :  11:52:05 AM  Show Profile
Thanks, Gabe. You are so patient and kind. I'll try to provide all pertinent information at the front end next time I have an issue.

Blessings,

Carol
Farmgirl 1823

Go to Top of Page

Gabe
True Blue Farmgirl

374 Posts

Gabe
Moscow Idaho
USA
374 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2014 :  1:03:00 PM  Show Profile
Always appreciated, though I think you did just fine in this case. No extra info was actually needed.

For myself, I need to be able to sort some things out better and be more thorough; but in my defense, I certainly have a difficult time keeping different issues separate by the time I've worked on a few. (And similar problems mysteriously often seem to happen around the same time, but then work out to have very different causes. This does not help keep me from jumping to hasty conclusions... Now don't be hasty.)
Go to Top of Page

carolj
True Blue Farmgirl

244 Posts

Carol
Waynesboro Georgia
USA
244 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2014 :  04:55:40 AM  Show Profile
No worries. I imagine your job must be a lot like herding cats. I can't imagine keeping up with thousands of accounts and questions. Thanks for all you do.

Blessings,

Carol
Farmgirl 1823

Go to Top of Page
  Technical Support: Previous Topic subscribing to henhouse news Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page