Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Herbal Wisdom
 Easy herbal salve, lotion, or syrup recipes
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Herbal Wisdom: Previous Topic Easy herbal salve, lotion, or syrup recipes Next Topic  

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2014 :  7:41:09 PM  Show Profile
Going to be going to a friends house and we want to make some easy herbal healing salves, lotion, or syrups. Anyone care to share recipes with me?

danyel
True Blue Farmgirl

350 Posts

Danyel
Robertsdale PA
USA
350 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2014 :  4:21:41 PM  Show Profile
Any king in particular? I was introduced to two different books about 3 months ago and they are full of items to make. But most take several weeks to complete.
The one I am making next is called wild cherry cough syrup
fill a quart jar with shredded wild cherry bark, then cover with vodka or brandy : let set for three weeks, then strain and add an equal amount of honey to the liquid you have in a pot / kettle. heat until the honey is melted then simmer for about 5 minutes. there is said to be almost no alcohol left after it is finished. the book says it is the best for quieting a cough.
with fall and winter coming I think it will be a good one to have on hand.
I have tried the comfrey oil in the book, its on the shelf but have not had to use it, guess its a good thing.

there are so many items that sound like a good thing to have on hand in the book that I cant hardly wait to make some of them.

have fun.

Danyel
farmgirl sister 4202
Go to Top of Page

sjmjgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

566 Posts

Stephanie
Mt. Vernon Iowa
USA
566 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2014 :  4:59:15 PM  Show Profile
I have a very easy salve that I use mainly for dry skin, but it also works great for cuts, rashes, sunburns, etc.

1/4 c coconut oil
1-2 T. beeswax pastilles (depending on desired consistency)
6 drops lavender essential oil
2 drops lemon essential oil
2 drops tea tree (melaleuca) essential oil

Heat coconut oil and beeswax in microwave until completely melted. Add essential oils and pour into a 4 oz. container (preferably glass with a tight fitting lid) and let cool, opened. Can reheat and add more beeswax or coconut oil if salve is too hard or soft.

Farmgirl Sister # 3810

Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly.
- Dalai Lama

April is Autism Awareness month. Autism affects 1 in 88 children (1 in 54 boys, including my son). Go to http://www.autismspeaks.org/ to learn more and help Light It Up Blue on April 2nd!

Edited by - sjmjgirl on Jul 21 2014 5:01:40 PM
Go to Top of Page

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2014 :  6:03:06 PM  Show Profile
Stephanie, thanks for the recipe. I will try this one. It looks like a great salve to have around. I think the oils will be wonderful.
Go to Top of Page
  Herbal Wisdom: Previous Topic Easy herbal salve, lotion, or syrup recipes Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page