44 Posts

Holly
Ontario
Canada
44 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2014 :  06:22:15 AM  Show Profile

Greetings!

Hello!

I'm a lady in her mid twenties from Southern Ontario! I stumbled on the Farmgirl Connection when I was searching for craft related subject matter. I'm absolutely smitten with the Farmgirl concept, so I decided to join up. I'm living in the city with my fiance and we can't stand it! Our dream is to move into a big old Victorian house in the countryside or a small town.

A little about me...

I'm an aspiring folk artist and I love Halloween. I have a thing for all things dark, like bats and classic horror films. I suppose you could call me a Goth Farmgirl lol. I am a rescue/foster mom who loves her cats. I'm learning to knit but my best skill is sewing. I sew lots of vintage (40's-60's) and alternative clothing. When I get spare time I like to go daytripping and antique shopping. I'm not much of a green thumb but I'm learning to garden. I'm also teaching myself how to fish again, even though I haven't done so in fifteen years lol.

I'm looking forward to sharing ideas and getting to know like minded people!

Cheers~
*AUTUMN*

rksmith
True Blue Farmgirl

858 Posts

Rachel
Clayton GA
USA
858 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2014 :  1:54:15 PM  Show Profile
Greetings and welcome! I LOVE all things dark and Halloween also.

Rachel
Farmgirl Sister #2753

True enlightenment is nothing but the nature of one's own self being fully realised-- His Holiness the Dali Lama

www.madameapothecary.com
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6594 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6594 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2014 :  04:25:41 AM  Show Profile
Welcome autumn and I am a huge fan of Halloween and Fall in general! You are going to love this site and all of the fun that is shared. Plus, if you don't already have a subscription to MaryJane's magazine, that is a must! Each issue is jam packed with great ideas for healthy, eco-friendly living Farmgirl style! You will love any of MaryJane's books as well.

Looking forward to hearing about some of your Halloween projects in a few months!!

Winnie #3109
Go to Top of Page

Autumn
Farmgirl in Training

44 Posts

Holly
Ontario
Canada
44 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2014 :  05:08:26 AM  Show Profile
Thank you for the warm welcome! :)

I'm excited to see all the crafts and home projects here. It's such a great resource! I've been having fun combing through all the threads. I'm looking into the MaryJane books (I compile a list of books to order each month it seems lol).

I look forward to sharing my Halloween projects. I haven't finished any lately, and I usually start around this time! I guess I should get busy lol. :)

Cheers~
*AUTUMN*
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2014 :  12:24:40 PM  Show Profile
Hi Autumn! Welcome!! Fellow Halloween lover here too! I hope you will have a blast here. There are so many wonderful ladies and great posts!! I hope you'll have jump right in :D

Hugs,
Jessica

F.K.A. CRsHelpmeet

"A friend is one who overlooks your broken fence to admire the flowers in your garden."
Farmgirl Sister #235
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9329 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9329 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2014 :  05:33:53 AM  Show Profile
Hi Autumn and welcome! I am not too much into Halloween but I do love the season of fall.
Look forward to seeing some of your Halloween projects though. You will enjoy it here. There is always a Halloween swap you would probably enjoy joining into. Not sure who does it but I am sure it will be showing up before too long.

hugs,
Denise
Farmgirl Sister #43

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
http://www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Autumn
Farmgirl in Training

44 Posts

Holly
Ontario
Canada
44 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2014 :  07:26:15 AM  Show Profile
Thanks so much : ) I've never joined a swap before, that would be really cool!
Go to Top of Page

Joanna
True Blue Farmgirl

94 Posts

Ontario
Canada
94 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2014 :  7:54:39 PM  Show Profile
Hello Autumn,
I am from Ontario as well and only recently joined, too! I am sure we are going to have a lot fun on "the farm!"

Joanna - Sister #5965

http://roomsandwindows.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

Autumn
Farmgirl in Training

44 Posts

Holly
Ontario
Canada
44 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2014 :  06:16:40 AM  Show Profile
Hi Joanna!

I'm glad to hear from someone in my neck of the woods. I was surprised to find that we have a lot of chapters in Ontario, but none where I live! I guess I'll have to move out to the country lol.
Go to Top of Page

laurzgot
True Blue Farmgirl

1673 Posts

Laurie
Alvin Texas
USA
1673 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2014 :  07:36:14 AM  Show Profile
Here's a BIG HOWDY FROM TEXAS Autumn. You'll have a great time and the swaps are fun to do.
Laurie

"Smile and be yourself everyday"
Country girl at heart
Laurie

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2014 :  07:40:36 AM  Show Profile
Welcome :) Fall is such a lovely time of the year :) Not into Halloween though, but LOVE Fall! This site is a huge blessing to me!!! From the outlet to be creative, to the advice, to the dear sweet friendships I've made!!!

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2014 :  1:56:18 PM  Show Profile
I love Halloween also!!!!!! Enjoy!!!!!
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Hello from Ontario! : ) Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page