Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Honey, rice bran & coconut oil
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Honey, rice bran & coconut oil Next Topic  

wovenheart
True Blue Farmgirl

80 Posts

Dona
Washington State
USA
80 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2006 :  6:42:07 PM  Show Profile
That's my face cleansing & moisturizing routine. I was told once to not put anything on your face that you would not want to put in your mouth...what's part of your daily routine?

"It's the beauty that thrills me with wonder...It's the stillness that fill me with peace."

lilpunkin
True Blue Farmgirl

368 Posts

Texas
USA
368 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2006 :  7:30:12 PM  Show Profile
Wovenheart, do you have a recipe for your face cleanser? And moisturizer? It sounds wonderful.

lilpunkin
Go to Top of Page

wovenheart
True Blue Farmgirl

80 Posts

Dona
Washington State
USA
80 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2006 :  7:58:20 PM  Show Profile
Actually, I use each one separately/indivdually. I wash my face with plain old honey in the mornings and at night I use rice bran, when mixed with water it turns milky. I follow each with coconut oil. Couldn't be easier or cheaper:)

"It's the beauty that thrills me with wonder...It's the stillness that fill me with peace."
Go to Top of Page

lilpunkin
True Blue Farmgirl

368 Posts

Texas
USA
368 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2006 :  09:21:40 AM  Show Profile
I have never heard of anyone washing with these things. It sounds wonderful! Could you tell me the benefits of it as well. I mean I know the coconut oil is for moisture but what about the honey and the rice bran? Rice bran the exfoliator? But the honey...hmmm! I will try this for sure. It sure does sound great. I like the idea of it being all natural!

lilpunkin
Go to Top of Page

bohemiangel
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Bridget
Ligonier pa
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2006 :  5:40:53 PM  Show Profile  Send bohemiangel an AOL message  Click to see bohemiangel's MSN Messenger address  Send bohemiangel a Yahoo! Message
WOW interesting! Kevin Trudeau (he's a lil over the top IMHO) says not to put anything on your skin that you would not eat! yup yup.

"... to thine ownself be true."
Go to Top of Page

~Tracey~
True Blue Farmgirl

351 Posts

Tracey
TN
USA
351 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2006 :  7:49:57 PM  Show Profile
I love coconut oil for moisturizing too!!! Not daily but every other or 3, I wash my hair with baking soda and do a vinegar rinse. Absolutely soft and shiny. I also use baking soda on my face, every few days as an exfoliator!!

Tracey,
mama to Callum 13, Katie 8, Wil 5.5, Benjamin 3 and Andrew 7 months!!

http://hansenhootenanny.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

MustangSuzie
True Blue Farmgirl

634 Posts

Sarah
New London Missouri
USA
634 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2006 :  05:48:00 AM  Show Profile  Send MustangSuzie a Yahoo! Message
When I first read this post I was thinking....really??? But I finally tried washing with the honey and it's absolutely amazing!! My face has never felt so soft. I have skin on the oily side and i haven't noticed a problem with it since I've been washing with the honey. It's awesome!!! The coconut oil for moisturizing is great too. It reminds me of Palmers cocobutter that I used when pregnant. Thanks for posting your ideas!
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Honey, rice bran & coconut oil Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page