Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 What's on your needle(s)?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What's on your needle(s)? Next Topic
Page: of 2

wovenheart
True Blue Farmgirl

80 Posts

Dona
Washington State
USA
80 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2006 :  6:31:20 PM  Show Profile
I've got too many things in the works---3 little red & white felted gift bags, a couple of hats and a sweater for my niece. The sweater could and most likely will be a Valentine gift:)

"It's the beauty that thrills me with wonder...It's the stillness that fill me with peace."

berries
True Blue Farmgirl

475 Posts

gloria g
Florida
USA
475 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2006 :  6:46:33 PM  Show Profile
Dona, too many to even count! Quilts, quilts, quilts, redwork, pillowcases, block of the month, more, and more. You know UFO's, unfinished objects! But then it would be boring if I didn't have everything to do! I love what I do!

farmgirl hugs, gloria g. Richards, TX

strawberry fields forever and ever!
Go to Top of Page

Carolinagirl
True Blue Farmgirl

486 Posts

Kim
Rutherfordton NC
USA
486 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2006 :  7:02:30 PM  Show Profile
Let's see... a pair of felted fuzzy feet for my sister, embroidered dishtowels for holiday presents, two sweaters for myself, a hat for my 2 year old... and there's lots just sitting and waiting to be started!
Go to Top of Page

abbasgurl
True Blue Farmgirl

1262 Posts

Rhonda

USA
1262 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2006 :  7:15:10 PM  Show Profile
Well...I have two silly looking Christmas mice and a large snow angel waiting to be finished for this weekend's art show. I have two primitive dolls, custom order, Abe & Mary Todd Lincoln. Hooked wool stars-Christmas ornaments, and a wool applique' project I'm taking with me to a doctor's appointment tomorrow.

I'm a one girl revolution.
Go to Top of Page

lambgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

93 Posts

Heidi
Ellensburg wa
USA
93 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2006 :  7:25:51 PM  Show Profile
Pot holders, flax and lavendar bags, and oh yes the never ending scarf (haha) can't seem to stop it just keeps growing. :o)

Heidi
Go to Top of Page

MsCwick
True Blue Farmgirl

775 Posts

Cristine
Farmville Virginia
USA
775 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2006 :  8:24:26 PM  Show Profile
Love Faith Hope Tea Towels. Who ever knew three words could linger for soooooo long?

Cristine
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2006 :  8:28:05 PM  Show Profile
Embroidered tea towels, binding Summer's quilt, and doing hand quilting on my autumn quilt and lot in the planning or just cut out stages.

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

PlumJoy
True Blue Farmgirl

50 Posts

joy
Merced Ca.
50 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2006 :  8:29:45 PM  Show Profile
I just started painting a new picture. Floral still life for my bedroom, and I am still embroidering the blocks for a new quilt for my bed.

PlumJoy
Go to Top of Page

cmandle
True Blue Farmgirl

846 Posts

Catherine
Minneapolis MN
846 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2006 :  8:41:23 PM  Show Profile
Click on my blog to see my latest story of "reckoning with a UFO." I'm also working on socks, seaming a knitted blanket for my cousin, finishing a cabled vest knit by my late aunt, and am still searching for the perfect pattern for a sweater for Jackson's dedication in December (better get moving!!).

Love to knit. Have to keep the hands moving...

Catherine

http://yogurtandgranola.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ktknits
True Blue Farmgirl

582 Posts

Kathy
Northwest Indiana
USA
582 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2006 :  04:40:28 AM  Show Profile
Tea Towels, 4 quilts (well, even more if you count the ones cut out), a blue sweater for my mom, a fall sweater for me (just needs to be assembled), a scarf & hat for my secret "prayer pal" at church, several little miscellaneous things, and I'm always spinning more yarn. Now if I could just get rid of this full-time job so I could concentrate on these things that I love to do!! (oh wait, it's the full-time job that pays to buy the supplies to do these things----oh well, never mind!)
Kathy
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9092 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9092 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2006 :  04:55:27 AM  Show Profile
Catherine,
I have ripped things out that I have worked on and it is a good feeling once its done, because you don't have to think about it anymore. But I was looking at your UFO, THAT IS THE ONE ON THE BED RIGHT? You could embroider a small colorful design in the middle of each block. My aunt made a beautiful knit blanket and it is embroidered all over. Maybe I can put a picture of it on my blog this week.
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

JenniferJuniper
True Blue Farmgirl

359 Posts

Jennifer
New Hampshire
USA
359 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2006 :  05:59:07 AM  Show Profile
Tiny cotton knit preemie skullcaps for the Save the Children campaign
A wool 1940's inspired cardigan that is giving me fits since I have to translate the knitting chart into words
Knit playtime "Make Believe Crowns" for my friend's little girls
Embroidered tea towels
Totebags made from the quilting calico I inherited when my grandmother passed last winter
Aprons, aprons, and more aprons
Patchwork slipcover for the bedroom dog bed, since the current one clashes with bedquilt
A pair of embellished jeans inspired by Helena Bonham Carter's "Pantaloonies" clothing line

All of it is fueled by embarassing quantities of coffee......
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2006 :  06:22:13 AM  Show Profile
I have TWO quilts in progress for my mother's 60th b-day next year. One Queen size top is finished, and I am hand stitching a red and white lap quilt.
Also started a primitive looking wall hanging.
Searching for tea towels to start some "days of the week" towels
My son brought home a Michigan State College apron we are going to work on Friday (no school)
ummmm...two pillowcases to make for my girlfriends twin nieces. (probably be done Friday also)
And now the ladies at work are hiring my services...one wants me to make seasonal cash register covers and another asked me to design APRONS for the moniters in the Elementary cafe.
Those two projects will probably not be started until Christmas vacation.
Whew!

...she is far more precious than jewels and her value is far above rubies or pearls.
Prov 31:10
www.beequilting.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9092 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9092 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2006 :  06:32:12 AM  Show Profile
JENNIFER, YES, I'am with you that the dog bed should match the bed quilt. And bless the person that figured out the coffee thing.
BONNIE,you must retire and stay home at all times, we have way to much to do.I ordered the Mitford cookbook you told me to on another site. Now don't tell me to do anything else for awhile I'am running out of money. Hey I might have to go back to work, just to support all the MJ IDEAS!!
NANCY JO

Go to Top of Page

MullersLaneFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

596 Posts

Rock Falls IL
596 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2006 :  06:35:42 AM  Show Profile
I have some black cria on the wheel, couple felted goats & need to start the crocheting the hat & mittens to felt to match the felted scarf

Cyndi
Muller's Lane Farm http://www.mullerslanefarm.com
Go to Top of Page

bybiddie
True Blue Farmgirl

267 Posts

susan
upstate ny
USA
267 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2006 :  09:10:34 AM  Show Profile
A pair of socks I am knitting entirely on two circular needles (as opposed to my usual method of "cheating" on the heel with a couple dps), a lace merino scarf, a huge sweater for my Great Dane (Mr. Shivers), an apron for my apron swap, a couple of tea towels, and some holiday gifts. Oh, yes, and a couple pair of very cute baby socks in some scrumptious cotton yarn, and a Dutch-inspired baby bonnet for my etsy site. Whew!

Lovin' my life
http://BizzyHands.etsy.com

Edited by - bybiddie on Nov 08 2006 09:11:58 AM
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9092 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9092 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2006 :  11:16:10 AM  Show Profile
My goodness Susan!! Hey I wore the pretty blue scarf with my white jacket the other day, and I must say it looked perfect with the white, really showed it off. So I keep it right on the jacket all the time. It just belongs with that Jacket.
NANCY JO

Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2006 :  11:36:35 AM  Show Profile
BONNIE,you must retire and stay home at all times, we have way to much to do.I ordered the Mitford cookbook you told me to on another site. Now don't tell me to do anything else for awhile I'am running out of money. Hey I might have to go back to work, just to support all the MJ IDEAS!!
NANCY JO

Nancy Jo, I am telling my hubby you said I could retire!!! I would love to do this full time! I have to quit giving you book ideas...O Pioneers was my idea too!!!!

...she is far more precious than jewels and her value is far above rubies or pearls.
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2006 :  11:39:29 AM  Show Profile
I am cross-stitching my second granddaughter her First Christmas ornament of an angel, I am finishing a lap quilt for my hubby, finishing a sampler reproduction for my kids, and wanting to get started on the finishing of my grandmother's last quilt top. I have a life's work on my needles! I should never start another project! :)

Ephesians 1:17
Go to Top of Page

BlueApple
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Julia
Oregon
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2006 :  1:49:11 PM  Show Profile  Send BlueApple an AOL message
Oh boy....still working on a knitted lace scarf which is almost done but I put it around my neck and keep thinking..oh, a few more inches, LOL. Four...no, make that six redwork projects - four for friends and a cute "sisters" one for my sisters. A Christmas holiday pillow, an Amy Butler Cafe Apron which I cannot wait to finish and show you guys a picture of and always spinning (not crazy, just crazy for wool! LOL).

Julia
BlueApple Farm
Go to Top of Page

cmandle
True Blue Farmgirl

846 Posts

Catherine
Minneapolis MN
846 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2006 :  2:07:06 PM  Show Profile
Okay, so another project just side-tracked me today: I'm now embroidering too. Doing the names of my son, my niece and my nephew on the baptismal/dedication gown that my niece will wear in one week (!). Jackson (my son) is way too big for it and he's being dedicated in one month, but his name goes on it too anyway, for posterity.

I've realized that I embroider like a knitter. I "throw" my embroidery floss from my left hand around the needle for the chain stitch just like I do with knitting!

(Jackson's up and it doesn't sound good...gotta run...)

Catherine

http://yogurtandgranola.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

bybiddie
True Blue Farmgirl

267 Posts

susan
upstate ny
USA
267 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2006 :  08:24:05 AM  Show Profile
Nancy Jo, I so happy you like the scarf! The mohair yarn was from a friend who raises angora goats and then spins and dyes her own wool! I haven't gotten that involved in the process yet, just an obsessive knitter...

xxx susan

Lovin' my life
http://BizzyHands.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

mama0moon
Farmgirl in Training

14 Posts

Stephanie
New Hampshire
USA
14 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2006 :  7:01:38 PM  Show Profile  Send mama0moon an AOL message  Send mama0moon a Yahoo! Message
Hi all!

I've been sadly neglecting popping in here, so now that the outdoor work around the farm is slowing I'm hoping to get more time online. As for what's on my needles- I'm knitting winter hats (http://www.knitting-and.com/knitting/patterns/hats/sweet16.html) for my daughter, niece and myself which will all be felted and I am also crocheting some dishclothes in some festive holiday colors.

Steph

Edited by - mama0moon on Nov 09 2006 7:05:46 PM
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2006 :  05:52:26 AM  Show Profile
Oh, those hats are cute! Would love to see them when you're finished!
Bonnie

Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2006 :  1:19:37 PM  Show Profile
What's on my needles? My 5th scarf since my first knitting lesson about a month ago...I guess I'm addicted!
I have a fun rule, though it may be selfish, it's about the only thing I am selfish about: I make one for someone, then one for me, one for someone, one for me....I wear scarves all the time....and I really enjoy saying "I made it." when folks ask.

Just think of all of the roads there are...all of the things I haven't seen....yet.
Go to Top of Page

Celticheart
True Blue Farmgirl

811 Posts

Marcia
WA
USA
811 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2006 :  10:11:02 PM  Show Profile
socks...of course
and an Aran sweater
and an afghan for charity
and....socks
and a hat for my grandson
and a hat for my son
and socks

the socks are all for me =~)

"I suppose the pleasure of country life lies really in the eternally renewed evidence of the determination to live." Vita Sackville-West

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What's on your needle(s)? Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page