Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 GETTING PICTURES ON THE BLOG????
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic GETTING PICTURES ON THE BLOG???? Next Topic  

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9092 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9092 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2006 :  5:39:07 PM  Show Profile
IT takes me forever to get the pictures on my blog, so many steps to go through. I put the camera chip in the computer and then follow all these different steps. Isn't there an easier way? I just want to take a picture and get it on the blog, FAST FAST. Do you think I'am doing something wrong? I just put two new ones on and I feel like that was a really big job. So somebody better go look at them HA.
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com

brightmeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

2045 Posts

Brenda
Lucas Ohio
USA
2045 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2006 :  7:02:25 PM  Show Profile
Beautiful picture!

The image is so clear I wonder if maybe you are using a higher resolution than need be, or a photo format with more detail than you need.

Are you posting a .bmp file or a .jpg file? The jpegs are usually slightly lower resolution and some of the repetitive detail is filtered out so the file sizes are smaller. The eye can't really tell the difference when it is posted on the web, and a .jpg file is "good enough".

When you load the photo in from your camera, save it on your hard drive first then edit it in your photo editor - then try saving it and changing the options as to file type, then compare the different file sizes before posting it to your blog. You will see that the .jpg files are much smaller than the .bmp files.

Hope that helps and doesn't confuse more...

....edited to add....

Oh never mind, I just clicked on your picture and looked at the link and you have posted a .jpg file, so you are JUST FINE....

Your plant is beautiful too!

You shall eat the fruit of the labor of your hands - You shall be happy and it shall be well with you. -Psalm 128.2
Visit my blog at http://brightmeadowfarms.blogspot.com ,web site store at http://www.watkinsonline.com/fish or my homepage at http://home.earthlink.net/~brightmeadow

Edited by - brightmeadow on Nov 06 2006 7:04:50 PM
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2006 :  7:46:57 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
it is just a slow process you you will get faster at it. But it is still slow taking the picture downloading it to computer, editing it (if you doo that I do), uploading to blog ( or photo bucket then blog) then placing it where you want it. You havent played much with text and layout yet that takes even longer. That is why th etutorial took me a few days fighting pictures.

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe my blog http://sunshinescreations.blogspot.com
my web stores www.sunshines.etsy.com and http://vintagethreads.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2006 :  04:55:14 AM  Show Profile
I download my pictures onto the computer in a special file so all I have to do is look for it and add it when needed. I do agree with the post before me, after awhile it goes faster, it maybe your computer too if you have alot on it? Your doing fine though!

Visit me at my blogs:
www.countrypleasures.blogspot.com
www.herbalfarmstead.blogspot.com
And my new food blog at: www.homesteadblogger.com/gardencafe
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2006 :  04:57:08 AM  Show Profile
One more thing, the more pictures you upload at a time makes it slower too, that is why I only do one a day. Hope this helps? Loved the desk!!

Visit me at my blogs:
www.countrypleasures.blogspot.com
www.herbalfarmstead.blogspot.com
And my new food blog at: www.homesteadblogger.com/gardencafe
Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2006 :  05:03:04 AM  Show Profile
Nancy, your pics are great and your home so lovely. You did a great job!

she selects wool and flax and works with eager hands Prov.31:13
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9092 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9092 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2006 :  06:45:22 AM  Show Profile
Thankyou girls, always there when I need you.
NANCY JO

Go to Top of Page

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2006 :  09:39:30 AM  Show Profile
where is this fabled bulletin board?

~*~Brightest Blessings~*~
Tasha-Rose
blog: http://gaiarose.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9092 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9092 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2006 :  10:18:19 AM  Show Profile
Tasha,
Its on my slide show on the blog, Its just past me sitting on my front porch with a hat on, just click on slide show.
NANCY JO

Go to Top of Page

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2006 :  10:30:42 AM  Show Profile
LOVE IT! You have inspired be to clean up my [bleep]ing board and convert it....I think I have done with my days of looking for everything that is wrong witht he world, seeing as how I have not contributed to my [bleep]ing board for over a year now....LOL!

~*~Brightest Blessings~*~
Tasha-Rose
blog: http://gaiarose.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9092 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9092 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2006 :  10:41:12 AM  Show Profile
I love my farmgirl bulletin board. When I get to much on it I have a basket hanging under it for cards etc. Then from there to my farmgirl scrapbook.
NANCY JO

Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2006 :  11:34:05 AM  Show Profile
Ok...I'm still the new kid on the block, where did the idea of the farmgirl bullitin boards come from, and what do you put on them?
Bonnie

...she is far more precious than jewels and her value is far above rubies or pearls.
Prov 31:10
www.beequilting.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9092 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9092 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2006 :  3:17:29 PM  Show Profile
Bonnie,
I just posted two more pictures on my blog, one is of the bulletin board, you can see there what is going on with that. I may have to find a place where I can put a bigger one, I love putting stuff on it. I wonder if there is something wrong with me?
NANCY JO

Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2006 :  3:49:54 PM  Show Profile
Hi Nancy
I LOVE your pictures, and I think they should have warned us...this is potentially addicting! I do like your bullitin board and hope to someday have enough farmgirl stuff to start your own. The way you and Tasha discussed it, it sound like maybe it was an idea from one of Maryjane's Magazines or her book? I have Friday off of work so I plan on getting things cleaned up enough to take some pictures and do some major blogging!
You are doing a great job posting your pictures on your own!
Bonnie

...she is far more precious than jewels and her value is far above rubies or pearls.
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9092 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9092 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2006 :  4:31:11 PM  Show Profile
Bonnie,
I do so hate to brag, well maybe not hate, but the Bulletin board idea was mine. Isn't that something? Ilove it when I can come up with something fun once in a while. Yes do get going on your blog. WE MUST BLOG.
NANCY JO

Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2006 :  02:52:40 AM  Show Profile
Well the bullitin board is a FINE idea, Nancy, way to go!

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic GETTING PICTURES ON THE BLOG???? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page