MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2006 :  1:26:27 PM  Show Profile
PLEASE PLEASE give us your canned/jarred cake recipes. I made these as a girl. We made them so often we had the recipe on the fridge. Then one summer while I was visiting my father, my mom and step father moved. Some how all the recipes on the fridge got lost in the move and the canned spice cake recipe was forever lost! I've asked many people through the years if they have the recipe and they all give me a weird look and say they have no idea what I am talking about and that it would never work any how. Even though I tell them I have done it and it worked beautifully!

I have tons of gift ideas for all the women in my family but very few for the men in my family, this would be excellent for them. Especially my step father loves these cakes! And my brother is in Iraq and I would like to send him some as well.

So please share all the ones you have. I only ask that you share ones though that really work and that you or some one you know tried and they worked. I'm not trying to sound complainy, just tired, new born premie baby, diabetes, kind of tired. lol :)

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2006 :  3:53:44 PM  Show Profile
Oh, MagnoliaWhisper - it IS so tiring having a new babe and all. My first one was early and in the ICU for a while - I'm sending a warm hug and wishes for sleep and energy to you.

I wish I had a canned/jarred cake recipe. I think I saw one in a magazine at the market check-out stand a few days ago, but I don't remember for sure which one. I've never made one before, but they sound fun!

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2006 :  4:00:24 PM  Show Profile
Awe thanks so much. UHG NICU, is so scary. I was so scared about it. I was so happy when they let her come home. Hugs to you too. And thank you so much.

I will look around at the store through the cooking and country magaines! Thanks! :) The cakes were so much fun to make, and tastey too. And GREAT gifts. Could be kept in the pantry for unexpected gifts, and visitors. And like I said one of those great things to give the men, who are always so hard to "make" for.
Go to Top of Page

Mountain Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

JoAnn
Colville Washington
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2006 :  4:37:11 PM  Show Profile
I've been saving this link for a while now. Haven't tried the recipes yet. Let me know how it goes. http://www.recipelink.com/mf/0/66584 JoAnn

I've always been called a dreamer, but I never listened. I did what others dare not do--lived my dream while they watched. Unknown
Go to Top of Page

kitchensqueen
True Blue Farmgirl

521 Posts

521 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2006 :  5:41:18 PM  Show Profile
I posted some of my jar cakes recipes in the what everyone is making for christmas thread.

http://apartmentfarm.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2006 :  5:45:50 PM  Show Profile
Thanks to both of you! :) I will let you know how they go!
Go to Top of Page

LauraH
True Blue Farmgirl

305 Posts

Laura
North Creek New York
USA
305 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2006 :  6:27:33 PM  Show Profile
Hi MagnoliaWhisper,
I hope you can rest soon. Both of my girls were preemie & in the NICU, My 1st one was there for
6 weeks! 2nd for 3 weeks.... Hope you saw the jar cakes in the christmas thread!
LauraH
Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2006 :  7:58:43 PM  Show Profile
Yup I seen them Laura, thanks!

And I am so sorry about your girls. I just couldn't stand to leave her there. UHG. It's hard. *hugs* Thankfully mine was only there a few days, she was tiny but they quit the weight requirement as long as she was healthy. She was ok. She just needed out of me. I have diabetes, and it was under control too much. (I know hard to believe that could be a problem) There was cord blood flow problem, wasn't producing hormones, she wasn't growing etc. In fact my husband said the cord was completely black! And the dr said it was the shortest cord he ever seen. Any way, she's doing great now. I just need sleep. lol Hopefully that will come in a few years? lol haha
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Jar/Canned Cakes Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page