Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6592 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6592 Posts

Posted - May 19 2014 :  4:41:42 PM  Show Profile
I was trying to find the post where Connie posted about her clothesline but I couldn't find it. So, I am starting over with my new umbrella clothesline which I tried out today and loved!

I grew up with my mom using a clothesline until later years when dryers became available at reasonable prices. After hearing so many great testimonials about using clotheslines, I decided I needed to try. IT came with cheap clothespins so my next task tonight is ordering some here: http://classicamericanclothespins.blogspot.com. Mary Jane posted about this link on her RaisinJane blog and I kept the link just in case I actually got a clothesline. One of the cheap clothespins immediately broke so there is no use in waiting till they all break before ordering!

Looking forward to taking advantage of all that Florida Sunshine and saving on my electric bill!!

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - May 20 2014 :  06:51:00 AM  Show Profile
Awesome, Winnie! Congratulations! I'm so with you - I love my clothesline, too!

Our foster grandkids were here last night "helping" me take the clothes off the line. For fun, our foster grandson took several of my clothespins, and clipped them to the end of his fingers and tried picking stuff up with them like chopsticks. He also was clipping them together at the ends to try and form big clothespin circles. He had a blast, but unfortunately they, too, were the cheap ones, and quite a few broke. Time to buy new ones! Thank you so much for the link! Perfect timing!

Enjoy your wonderful line!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - May 20 2014 :  06:56:25 AM  Show Profile
Oh crumbs... They ran out of their supply and won't be making more til this summer! Guess we'll just have to wait until then! :)

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

kysheeplady
True Blue Farmgirl

1291 Posts

Teri
KY
USA
1291 Posts

Posted - May 20 2014 :  06:58:06 AM  Show Profile
Hi Winnie,
Nice! Just wait until you see the big saving in your electric bill :D

Teri
"There are black sheep in every flock"

www.whitesheepfarm.com
https://www.etsy.com/shop/whitesheepprimitive
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

3075 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
3075 Posts

Posted - May 20 2014 :  10:19:53 AM  Show Profile
How many loads od laundry can you fit on one like that? I have my line looped around a couple trees until we move and I can put in a permanent one.

Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6592 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6592 Posts

Posted - May 20 2014 :  11:06:49 AM  Show Profile
Heather, with just hubby and me, I think it will depend on whether I am doing king size sheets/towels or regular clothing. It is all so new I will just have to wait and play it out.

Nini, I was so disappointed to find out that the clothespins are not available till sometime this summer. I plan to check in every week and will post here when I find them for sale again.

Winnie#3109
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5078 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5078 Posts

Posted - May 21 2014 :  10:43:38 AM  Show Profile
Winnie, I love it!!! like Teri said, it does save on Electricity!! I use downy softner in the rinse cycle and hang out all my bath towels and hand towels, dish cloths hubby's T-shirts, and our work around the yard clothes, and they dry in 3 hours as opposed to 1 hour, sometimes more! in the dryer!!! I use my wooden drying racks inside,putting underwear and pj's. I love to hang out my throw rugs!I save the dryer for have to's and I will put jeans and dress pants in the dryer for 10 minutes, then hang them on hangers in the laundry room to finished drying! I enjoyed hanging out clothes yesterday, it was 78 and breezy and the sky was so blue, those days will be short here when the heat sets in, but will be great for drying clothes! and the laundry room does not get heated up from the dryer, mine is small and it feels like an oven when the dryer would run in the summer months.
as my Granny use to say, Every little bit helps!
hugs! Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - May 21 2014 :  4:07:41 PM  Show Profile
Awesome Winnie! Nothing like the smell of line dried clothes. Dried from the sun!!!!
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

artfulsister
True Blue Farmgirl

155 Posts

Terri
Raleigh North Carolina
USA
155 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2014 :  06:19:55 AM  Show Profile
Wonderful! I have clothesline envy!

Every day is a new opportunity for joy!
Go to Top of Page