Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2006 :  8:31:54 PM  Show Profile
Tonight here on my farm is cold, dark and quiet - with the most amazing full moon outside. It's so calm - my husband is out with his friends and my two boys are safe and sound in their beds. I took a little walk outside - just around the outside of the house and a short ways into the field. It's gorgeous. The moonlight is amazing - I can see the silhouettes of the mountains, the sky is so bright. I can hear a few night birds and some of the last of this year's irrigation water running over the weir at the end of the field. Really faint crickets - stars coming into view the further away from the moon I look -- I just had to come in and describe it (can you tell I may have needed a little "alone" time? Sheesh,). If you live where it's night right now, and there's a full moon - go outside for a minute and look at it. You won't be sorry...

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2006 :  8:57:33 PM  Show Profile
Libbie,

I went outside tonight after the girls were tucked into bed and just stood as a sponge soaking in her light....I took some really beautiful photos of her. The thing is though, she is so bright here, that I cannot see her face...and the pictures are lovely. I will psot them tomorrow on my blog.

Do you notice, as a woman, a deeper attachment to the Moon? How her light makes you feel? I know I sure do. I watch all month long and wait for each and every milestone of her cycle. I know by her cycle, how my cycle behaves. I feel, at different times, how she affects me in different ways through the month. When she is a full Mother Moon, I just HAVE to go out and soak in her light. It is a necessity for me to feel centered for the next month.

~*~Brightest Blessings~*~
Tasha-Rose
blog: http://gaiarose.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

peapodjane
True Blue Farmgirl

127 Posts

127 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2006 :  05:36:21 AM  Show Profile
Oh, yes the moon last night. There was a large orange ring around it here and broken clouds all around, but not over the moon. I love the way the everything looks by moonlight. It was surely a pleasant surprise to see others comments on this beauty.
Thank you!
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2006 :  06:18:22 AM  Show Profile
Lucky you! Mother Moon was covered by great rain clouds here. Rain, wind,nasty stuff...we had it all. Today more of the same. I do love going out on a moonlit night and as Tasha says soaking up all the good stuff.

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com

"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2006 :  12:20:58 PM  Show Profile
I agree, nothing more spiritual than a full moon!!

Visit me at my blogs:
www.countrypleasures.blogspot.com
www.herbalfarmstead.blogspot.com
And my new food blog at: www.homesteadblogger.com/gardencafe
Go to Top of Page

Anastasia
True Blue Farmgirl

56 Posts

Anastasia
Telkwa BC
Canada
56 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2006 :  3:28:53 PM  Show Profile
We had a break in the snow that night and the moon lit up the world; it was like a black and white daylight photo but with a black sky. Amazing. And yes, I follow the moon cycles too. I remember when I lived far far away, looking up at the moon and hoping my mom was seeing it at the same time and thinking about me. Sometimes, when I talk on the phone to far-away friends, we watch the moon together, just to feel a bit closer. It's a nice thing to share.

Cheers,
Anastasia :)

"Speciality is for insects." -Robert Heinlen
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2006 :  3:34:18 PM  Show Profile
I'm so glad to hear that so many of you were out looking at the moon, too. Maybe I'll just take a moment every full moon to send some "Hi, there, friend!" vibes out to all the farmgirls who are or will be doing that same thing...

I DO love the moonlight. It lends the most magic and graceful light...

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2006 :  3:45:56 PM  Show Profile
I don't think it was as visible here last night but tonight it is big full and beautiful with a large halo around her. A perfect harvest moon, and the sky is so full of twinkly stars on this crisp Fall night I just had to sit and enjoy the glow from my porch rocker wrapped in a warm blanket. My husband walked down our long driveway and didn't even have to ask me what I was doing; he just sat down and joined me. I knew there was a reason I married this guy 19 years ago tomorrow!

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

~Tracey~
True Blue Farmgirl

351 Posts

Tracey
TN
USA
351 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2006 :  9:27:51 PM  Show Profile
We have been out looking at the moon, several nights in a row because of the wonderful light!!

Funny note, I do not let my cats out, even though they beg when they moon is full. they always get into too much mischief!! They will come in with scratches galore ;).

Tracey,
mama to Callum 13, Katie 8, Wil 5.5, Benjamin 3 and Andrew 7 months!!

http://hansenhootenanny.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Outpost: Previous Topic The most beautiful thing... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page